Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2016 10:32:50 PM EDT
OK so i just bought a spikes lightweight 14.5" barrel. I also purchased the spikes barking spider 2 muzzle device for two reasons, 1 it makes my barrel of legal length and two i live in NJ so when it's pinned i can take it apart from the front to clean, also there is a comp piece that unscrews and allows me to have a flash hider and comp with the same device. Now here's the issue/question. It's going to be a lightweight build and I'm trying to use a slr rifleworks solo series ultra lightweight handguard on this build and the diameter of the handguard is 1.3" while the diameter of the break is 1.4". I know i can't fit the break into the actual handguard so instead I  would like the break to meet the end of the handguard as close as possible, almost seamless like you see when people butt their suppressors right up to the end of the rail. So i guess my question is what length rail would i need 14" 15"? and is this even possible with this setup? I'm obviously open to suggestions, I'm not really interested in changing the muzzle device if i don't have too just because it's a good fit for what I'll be using it for. I'm pretty confused and have never done this type of setup before and don't really post that often but i figured if can find an answer or a solution to this dilemma it would be here. Thanks ahead of time everyone.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top