Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 3:19:48 PM EDT
Greetings!

lower parts kits seem to be flying off the shelves these days and I wanted to put together a comprehensive list of what exactly is inside a lower parts kit.  I also included some of the lowest prices I've come across on each component.  Now you can fiddle around all you want with the contents and know exactly what you need!  Happy Building!

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Greetings!

lower parts kits seem to be flying off the shelves these days and I wanted to put together a comprehensive list of what exactly is inside a lower parts kit.  I also included some of the lowest prices I've come across on each component.  Now you can fiddle around all you want with the contents and know exactly what you need!  Happy Building!

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B_Nqqg5M53SvZHhVdlBPa1NURTg
View Quote

I don't see anything
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:26:56 PM EDT
[#2]
this thread is about as useful as the first one you made on this same topic
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]

403. That’s an error.

We're sorry, but you do not have access to this page. That’s all we know.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this thread is about as useful as the first one you made on this same topic
View Quote

D:
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for this. I thought about going this route as I couldn't find a LPK w/o FCG that was reasonable and in stock, I couldn't find anything really comprehensive on every part I needed and this spreadsheet is great. I did end up getting one from PSA w/o FCG and with MOE grip, so it worked out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Abort post
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Its working for me, I see his spreadsheet just fine. Not sure what the information impact is though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Works for me and does a good job illustrating how good of a deal the cheap parts kits are, even if you toss the FCG and go with something else.

Quoted:
Thanks for this. I thought about going this route as I couldn't find a LPK w/o FCG that was reasonable and in stock, I couldn't find anything really comprehensive on every part I needed and this spreadsheet is great. I did end up getting one from PSA w/o FCG and with MOE grip, so it worked out.
View Quote

I've gotten a number of them from PSA over the years.  I did get at least one without FCG, and have one in my toolbox with an ALG ACT, but the best were the $29.99 BLACKHAWK! parts kits from November 2013.  I bought two of those for $66.98 shipped.  Never used the grips because I had others, but damn that was a stellar price.  Should have ordered 10.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:44:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Beetle:  Not sure what your point is, but one use for your list is to ID those detail parts a builder should provision as spares.  Consider how easily springs and detents can fly into the void and roll pins can be dropped or damaged.  Several of our usual component suppliers are excellent sources for individual LPK parts:  e.g., Rock River, Stag, Windham and M&A Parts. - CW
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]
To the OP:   what sites did you use to source the pricing from?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#13]
http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/10301/

For the price you posted, and yes I realize that there are some extras, you might be better off buying this and selling what you don't need.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/10301/

For the price you posted, and yes I realize that there are some extras, you might be better off buying this and selling what you don't need.
View Quote
Typically what I do. I flip the stock and grip in favor of some Magpul flavor; typically keep the mil-spec FCG on deck as spares and drop in Geissele triggers.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I've all but stopped buying complete kits. The last two builds I've done I've bought everything separate. I now have enough small parts to build two more rifles without needing another LPK.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The hold up on most of these are the FCG components.  I typically get the sub $30 kits that don't have pistol grips, FCG's or trigger guards and then it is easy enough to get an upgraded trigger like a Geissele, ALG, RRA or the new Rise Armament ($99).

Guys that get replacement grips, trigger guards, ambi safety selectors, extended takedown pins, etc. often put them up on EE, so that is where I would start if piecing a LPK together.  Shipping usually kills the piece by piece value thing for me when buying from multiple sources.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top