Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:32:03 AM EDT
I had been waiting for AIM surplus to get the NIB BCG's back in stock for a few month for my .308 and as soon as they did I bought one.  It was combined with a fulton armory barrel and as soon as I chambered the first round it jammed and I could not extract the cartridge without breaking down the rifle or using great force on the charging handle to remove the cartridge.  Barrel appears fine here is a pic of the finished build on a quentin d lower, dpms upper and all the fixins!

sorry for the shitty pic I need to get a real camera

Please let me know if anyone else is having issues with any AIM bolt carrier groups especially recent purchases.  thanks AtotheR

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you happen to headspace your bolt and barrel?  Seems that would be the thing to do prior to loading up your new stick.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an AIM BCG I run in my PSA .308 build and I've not had any problems.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an AIM NiB BCG in my .308 build. ust bought this 2 months ago. Headspaced it and it was perfect. Shot it for the first time last Sunday. No issues at all.

I would check headspace. With .308 ARs you really should check headspace before trying to fire a live round. I would also try cycling snap caps or a dummy round too.

.308 ARs are not mil-spec like AR15s and so when you combine parts from different companies you could run into troubles you don't have with an AR15 build.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah I just accidently loaded this one round so I think that headspacing is the best and only safe bet.  Just dont have the gauges for a 308.  So if the chamber is small then what are the recomendations for enlarging the chamber?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah I just accidently loaded this one round so I think that headspacing is the best and only safe bet.  Just dont have the gauges for a 308.  So if the chamber is small then what are the recomendations for enlarging the chamber?
View Quote

Send it back.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
send what back the bcg or the barrel?  I bought the fulton from a reseller......
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
emailed aimsurplus and they said I can send it back even though its been over 30 days to try another one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have headspace issues, then another bolt may not help. The headspace is set by the barrel manufacturer.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top