Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2015 1:50:26 PM EDT
Quick question... Is the A2 front sight post plunger spring the same as another spring on the AR? Need to replace mine, but missing that spring (yet have lots of other AR springs). Thanks for any info!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, go for it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh? I meant, is there any other part that uses that same spring (so I can pirate my spare spring stash)?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry. I replied thinking the A1 and A2 using same parts...

I don't believe the spring is same as another used in the rifle. Front& rear takedown springs are the only ones that come to mind as being same as each other.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
try a few of your spares and see what happens. All it has to do is keep the plunger pushed tight against the notches on the sight post so I think you could improvise with another.

ETA. I just went through my spare parts box. None of the springs are an exact match for the front sight spring, the closest thing is the ejector/safety detent spring. The ejector spring is a little longer so it would need to be cut down a bit, but the biggest problem is the ejector spring is thicker and doesn't compress as easily.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info! I just went ahead and ordered the proper spring instead of modifying a different one. Peace of mind kind of thing.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top