Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2015 6:31:30 PM EDT
Dimpled the barrel, staked the gas block, no locktite am I good? Anyone have a picture of a gas block they have staked? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you stake the gas block? I have never had one loosen up with just dimpling and rockset.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as your staking is secure to the head, you are gtg.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was staked. It was not fun to remove because the little Allen head had to be hammered in. Mine was pined and also dimpled if you had two dimples I'd probably stake one or rockset or whatever.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I see no reason to stake it. Pinning>dimple>staking in that order.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you stake the gas block? I have never had one loosen up with just dimpling and rockset.
View Quote

This op, rocksett is cheap and they"ll never back out. Make sure you spray the screws and gb with brake cleaner before you apply it though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys missed the bus. OP has already staked.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dimpled the barrel, staked the gas block, no locktite am I good? Anyone have a picture of a gas block they have staked? Thanks.
View Quote

You're gtg. This will be fine.Staking> Loctite every time.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top