Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2015 8:25:45 PM EDT
Okay so this gun will be used mainly in my backyard more likely close range.  I would like to have a good quality gun but not spend too much.. I have some stuff I would like to put on my rifle which includes a ctr stock, moe grips, troy trx rail, magpie flips up sights, dpms muzzle break, bcm charging handle..  Now I'm in need of good bolt, barrel , upper / lower..  What should I buy..  I don't care too much about trigger for now .. I care more about the finish on lower and matching the upper..  The barrel I don't need it to be the Best But  accurate..  The bolt something decent.. Again I would like to try and save money for ammo or other guns.  Gun will be just for fun shooting targets in my backyard .. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
How close is close range?
What caliber?

AIM has a good deal on Nitrated BCGs.
KAK has a good deal on barrels going on...  
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i'd go w/ the daniel defense fixed sights vs the magpie flip ups(heckle and jeckle magpie?)
most all bcg are $100. i have the ares NiB one from when dimitri was there, finish is so so w/ about 1000 rounds through it.
I like my AR15hardware/alpha melonited barrel but the cheaper MAS defense barrel is doing the same job, they are both more capable than me.

as for fit and finish on upper/lower just walk into the local store and put them together until you find a setup you like. i have a spikes upper on a aero lower(this is my go to for everything), an anderson lower w/ a ptac upper(holy bad finish on that rifle batman) and an aero upper on a mag tactical lower(nice light pistol).

not familiar w/ the trx rail, i like my viking and i want to try something a little lighter feeling.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Aero Gen-2 Lower

Aero Upper (w/forward assist & port cover)

Aero Bolt Carier Group (c158) Normally I recommend the equivalent bolt from PSA since they are usually $20 less, but they are out of stock right now.

PSA Defender MOE Lower Parts Kit This includes a trigger, safety, grip, and trigger guard upgrade from the classic parts kit.

PSA  Buffer Tube Kit

Green Mountain Barrel

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you! I will look into all those parts.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top