Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 3:47:34 PM EDT
I am going to buy a lower parts kit, I decided on the spikes tactical kit for $45 then saw a PSA kit with moe grip and trigger guard on sale for $45 from $60. which one is best for the lower parts?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't want to give you the impression that all parts kits are created equal but if you stick with a big brand you won't go wrong. I've never used a Spike's kit but I am sure they are great. I've used a half a dozen PSA kits and one Rock River kit and have had no issues whatsoever with quality.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Take a look at the PSA Defender series kits, they include an upgraded trigger and often an ambi safety, and can also be had with an MOE grip & trigger guard.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used both PSA and Spike's lower kits, and it is hard to pick between them.  Both are top shelf!  

I have used others that left me wondering why I didn't get a PSA or Spike's....  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take a look at the PSA Defender series kits, they include an upgraded trigger and often an ambi safety, and can also be had with an MOE grip & trigger guard.
View Quote

This^

I have the EPT fcg in my stick, and it's slicker than a booger on a ball bearing.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think you could go wrong either way. I've used a few PSA kits and all of them were good.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This^

I have the EPT fcg in my stick, and it's slicker than a booger on a ball bearing.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

Yup, I have a few of the ALG ACT kits and, while they are good, the PSA trigger is better and costs a lot less.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to stick with the spikes kit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you find the Spike's for $45?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Only Spikes kits I have seen for around 45 do not have the trigger group.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I usually use Spike's kits without trigger group. I get them from AIM.

I have tried some other brands in the past and have had issues with parts. Usually the bolt catch is the one I notice the difference. It fits either too tight or sloppy. So far the Spike's fit perfectly so I stick with them.

I don't really need the A2 grip. I have a drawer full of them but Spike's includes them. Red Barn Armory has good reviews but I never tried their parts kit. I have been tempted to try but for only a  $10 savings I can't see why to change.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:02:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spikes website and primary arms. It doesn't have trigger included.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Might as well get the psa kit with included grip and trigger guard as those are like 30 bucks by themselves and psa triggers are notoriously decent for basic triggers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I think spikes w/o trigger is a good choice. Do yourself a favor and get a good trigger at the beginning, like Timney.  You'll get something eventually anyway.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup, I have a few of the ALG ACT kits and, while they are good, the PSA trigger is better and costs a lot less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

Whoa, haven't heard that before...
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

I speaking of the Defender trigger set, it's only been available for a few weeks.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top