Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 11:35:50 AM EDT
Just picked one up yesterday, on sale for $40. Gonna do a MOE M4gery after the A2 build I just started. Anyway, FYI on the good price.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know....is damage GTG?  IF those aren't blems that's not too bad a price I suppose.  Then again, there's only 19 posts from this OP so that makes me question.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered from them in the past.  GTG in my opinion.  They have clearance/blowout type deals fairly often.

Edit: I ordered two last night when I saw it on a Facebook feed.
CHRIS

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one, it looks just like the pictures they show.  I don't see any obvious defect.  

They took a week week before they shipped it, and charged $12.30 to ship it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, I'm a newb to the forum, but I've been lurking for years and years. I have no affiliation to any business, I'm just a gun nut that recently decided to get back into AR's after ending my 15 year love affair with tupperware. If I think something is a pretty good deal, I'm gonna let people know. Unless it's 22lr ammo, you're on your own for that!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a decent deal, with shipping it's about $50.  Other recent deals on uppers have been similar.

here's mine, top one  

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep, I'm a newb to the forum, but I've been lurking for years and years. I have no affiliation to any business, I'm just a gun nut that recently decided to get back into AR's after ending my 15 year love affair with tupperware. If I think something is a pretty good deal, I'm gonna let people know. Unless it's 22lr ammo, you're on your own for that!
View Quote
Welcome to the board!

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered 2, seem to be pretty good cant hurt to have a few lying around.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a decent deal, with shipping it's about $50.  Other recent deals on uppers have been similar.

here's mine, top one  

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/11724/stuff/DSCN2985_zpsjzdvl5zq.jpg
View Quote

Well the top one is certainly more "flat" in appearance.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here's mine, top one  

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/11724/stuff/DSCN2985_zpsjzdvl5zq.jpg

It is, but nothing wrong with that.  The bottom one is from a more "boutique" brand and is smoother and more glossy. The flat finish seems more military to me.

I just got an email that says they reduced the shipping on these to $7 for up to 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]
couldn't pass it up,I just got 2 for $85 shipped($7 shipping).

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
October special. 'Down to 38$ now!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought one about a month ago for 38, used it on a build, nothing wrong with them at all.  They are stamped M4 above the gas tube opening just like my uppers on my M&P's.  I also like their QDF end plates, when on sale, they are 10 bucks for black magnate or 6 bucks for the standard steel.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I just noticed that they have mil-spec buffer tubes on sale for 15 bucks apiece.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered 2 last month.  They're GTG.  I've ordered from them several times, especially when they have sales.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Just ordered myself one, Thanks for the heads up OP...
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
hell, I guess I'll pick one up for a .22 build.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:38:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Got mine and they look great,took bout 10 days to ship but I knew that going in so it wasn't a big deal.

also they did a good job with packaging.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's kind of wanked.

A Priority Mail Flat-Rate padded envelope ships anywhere in the US, for $6.10.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's kind of wanked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of wanked.

I did not order an upper but my order had 4 buffer tubes, 2 buffer springs, 2 castle nuts and a sight adjustment tool.  It shipped the next day and shipping was $7.  I have placed three orders and shipping has never been over $10.  The $10 order had at least 15lbs of stuff in the package.  All orders shipped USPS.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's kind of wanked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's kind of wanked.

they reduced the shipping cost for new orders a couple days after I posted that, I posted about it.  

[b]Quoted:I just got an email that says they reduced the shipping on these to $7 for up to 3

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just noticed that they have mil-spec buffer tubes on sale for 15 bucks apiece.

View Quote

I called and asked if these are dry film coated. They said yes, the current batch is. I guess that means other batches may not be.. Something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:12:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I called and asked if these are dry film coated. They said yes, the current batch is. I guess that means other batches may not be.. Something to keep in mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain the 4 I just recieved 10 days ago were not dry film coated but I will check again this evening.  My Spikes coated tubes feel smoother/ slicker.  For the $15-17 that these seem to go on sale for a few times a year, it's a great deal.  The quality of the Damage tube compared to the Spikes look equal.  I have a BCM and Vltor tube coming in next week.  I wanted to see how some of these lower cost options such as Damage and PSA 7075 tubes compared to the "higher" end tubes that run 2-3 times higher in cost.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Got mine and they look great,took bout 10 days to ship but I knew that going in so it wasn't a big deal.
also they did a good job with packaging.  
View Quote

Ordered mine on Thursday.  They shipped it out Friday.  Seems quick to me.  On their site, they stay it could take 2-3 days to "process" orders too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm fairly certain the 4 I just recieved 10 days ago were not dry film coated but I will check again this evening.  My Spikes coated tubes feel smoother/ slicker.  For the $15-17 that these seem to go on sale for a few times a year, it's a great deal.  The quality of the Damage tube compared to the Spikes look equal.  I have a BCM and Vltor tube coming in next week.  I wanted to see how some of these lower cost options such as Damage and PSA 7075 tubes compared to the "higher" end tubes that run 2-3 times higher in cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the same two years ago, the Damage Ind was actually nicer and fit better with my Vltor stocks than the BCM.  Paid $35 for the full set on the DI and $65 for the BCM,
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The quality of the Damage tube compared to the Spikes look equal.  I have a BCM and Vltor tube coming in next week.  I wanted to see how some of these lower cost options such as Damage and PSA 7075 tubes compared to the "higher" end tubes that run 2-3 times higher in cost.
View Quote

This would be good info to know. It's been my understanding that all the various AR15 companies pretty much get their parts from the same handful of suppliers. Whether it be upper receivers, buffer tubs, LPKs ect. Just a matter of what banner one pulls their wallet for.  

Keep us posted please.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This would be good info to know. It's been my understanding that all the various AR15 companies pretty much get their parts from the same handful of suppliers. Whether it be upper receivers, buffer tubs, LPKs ect. Just a matter of what banner one pulls their wallet for.  

Keep us posted please.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The quality of the Damage tube compared to the Spikes look equal.  I have a BCM and Vltor tube coming in next week.  I wanted to see how some of these lower cost options such as Damage and PSA 7075 tubes compared to the "higher" end tubes that run 2-3 times higher in cost.

Keep us posted please.

This is something I have wondered about often. I hear claims of some companies that build complete rifles that "everything is made in house except for a few of the springs" or something to that effect.

There is one company near me that manufactures quite a few AR parts. For lowers-  http://www.lwschneider.com/lower.html

I was reading in another thread that L.W. Schneider makes Palmetto State Armory's lower receivers. That's pretty cool to know that such a local company sends parts so far and wide.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is something I have wondered about often. I hear claims of some companies that build complete rifles that "everything is made in house except for a few of the springs" or something to that effect.
There is one company near me that manufactures quite a few AR parts. For lowers-  http://www.lwschneider.com/lower.html

I was reading in another thread that L.W. Schneider makes Palmetto State Armory's lower receivers. That's pretty cool to know that such a local company sends parts so far and wide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep us posted please.

Yes, the serial number to my PSA lower starts with LW for L.W. Schneider. There's also PSA lowers marked AP for Aero Precision, and others marked SC for lowers made by FN.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top