Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 6:53:02 AM EDT
Was thinking of a Spikes stripped lower, and going from there.
Never built one before, so I may just put a complete upper on it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Mega is nice.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Spikes is GTG, built several lately, and I used their LPK, (I like the spiral roll pins), pick your favorite and get on with it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I have Spikes and MEGA.  Both are great.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Spikes is GTG.

Most lowers will be good to go.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
PSA blem lower is a great deal - haven't found a blem yet.  They currently have free shipping:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers.html

Or you can buy a complete lower.  I would suggest building yours though.  I built my first one a couple months ago with zero experience or fancy tools and I had a great time + I learned how it all works.

Best of luck.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#6]
depends on your goal.
the psa blem complete lowers are cheaper than you can build by about 20 bucks.

if you just want the experience. aim surplus sells anderson lowers and lpk pretty cheap compaired to most other places.

you can tinker without spending more than 100 bucks including shipping and transfer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spikes is GTG.

Most lowers will be good to go.
View Quote

I've used lots of brands. All have been perfect.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
3 Anderson lowers so far.  Zero problems.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing wrong with a basic milspec lower, but if you have the budget make life a little easier and better and go "milspec+" or better, to a factory ambidextrous lower like SanTan.

By "milspec+" I'm refering to a relatively basic forged lower that has added features.  I like upper-tensioning screws to tighten things up.  I also like eliminating wear points when possible.  This made me buy the Tactical Innovations matched set.  They have tensioning screws and they proprietary "STBA."  That is a set of stainless inserts that create a steel-on-steel condition for the FCG pins, instead of steel-on-aluminum.  They also come with a captured rear takedown detent.  If you ever shoot a few of those across a room, never to be found agan, the captured versions are a Godsend.  Added advantage to them is you can adjust the force needed to move the rear takedown pin by tightening or loosening the plug that holds it in.

So any of these cost a bit more, but if you can get the upgrades built in for not a lot more you really will appreciate them. And, for the record, no, I don't work for them.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Lower is a lower DPMS to noveski they will all do the same than because they are the same dimensionally and made of the same material
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I just purchased a PSA blemished lower this morning. $59.99 shipped. Not a bad deal for my first build also. Has good reviews and a lot of people use them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just purchased a PSA blemished lower this morning. $59.99 shipped. Not a bad deal for my first build also. Has good reviews and a lot of people use them.
View Quote

Did you get it straight from PSA?  

I was *this* close to ordering but I thought their free shipping ended?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#13]
PM SENT
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I've built Mega, Spikes, Noveske, Seekins, Rainier and a few others but I have to say for the money the Anderson is best bang for buck chuck!!!  All are good to go so really it's on you as to the flavor
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. Ordered it this morning at 9:30am. There is quite a few items listed still with free shipping.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top