Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2015 11:49:11 AM EDT
http://armil-spec.com/collections/ar-15-parts/products/ar15-300-aac-upper-receiver-stripped
http://armil-spec.com/collections/ar-15-parts/products/ar15-300-aac-bolt-carrier-group-chrome-lined
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
For people that don't know any better or its marked 300blk  like the yhm ones.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Marketing....

And I guess some people need their upper to say "300 BO" so they dont noob it up and try to shoot .223 out of it....
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
i bought an upper and bolt because they were on sale cheap (blems) sold as 300 blk but they were not visually marked. i looked up to see if there was a difference before hand as i was building a 223 upper. which i thought they were the same and confirmed that the were. but the place i bought from arbarrelkings listed there 556 as sold out and 300 blk as in stock. just thought that it was weird so thought i would start a discussion about it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
is 300 blk pressure any different ??
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
is 300 blk pressure any different ??
View Quote

The only thing different from a 5.56 and 300 BO is the barrel.  Some people like the upper, dust cover or magazines marked so they don't put 5.56 in their 300 barrel or somehow get a 300 round to chamber in their 5.56.  If you fired a 300 round out of a 5.56 barrel, it would be a very bad bad for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Marketing....

And I guess some people need their upper to say "300 BO" so they dont noob it up and try to shoot .223 out of it....
View Quote

I made my 300BLK FDE so that I couldn't mistake what I was shooting.  KISS and all
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
They are specifically marked because it is VERY easy to accidentally pick up a magazine loaded with 5.56 ammo insead of the 300 you intended to shoot. Same when you own a multitude of AR's and have them littered over the house in random pattern messiness. Without a hard marking, it might be 5.56 or 300Blk. They are very close in relation, but deadly if you load the wrong ammo when going hot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://armil-spec.com/collections/ar-15-parts/products/ar15-300-aac-upper-receiver-stripped
http://armil-spec.com/collections/ar-15-parts/products/ar15-300-aac-bolt-carrier-group-chrome-lined
View Quote

both of those listings say AR-15 - 300AAC..

not JUST 300AAC
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I made my 300BLK FDE so that I couldn't mistake what I was shooting.  KISS and all
View Quote

IM the same way..

I only load 300BLK in my FDE Magpul mags.. (and that rifle is FDE also).

my AR-15s all have ODG furniture..
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Now that I have LaRue UDE pmags, those are .300blk only, and my sbr wears UDE furniture.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#11]
There's also rubber bands sold for marking magazines.  Mixing ammo with a 5.56 would end badly.  You might survive, but parts of your rifle would not.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's also rubber bands sold for marking magazines.  Mixing ammo with a 5.56 would end badly.  You might survive, but parts of your rifle would not.
View Quote

ouch
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#13]
some of you have missed the point the post was about companies selling stuff as 300blk when it is no different and not marked just selling uppers and bolts as 300bl and not for a premium.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
some of you have missed the point the post was about companies selling stuff as 300blk when it is no different and not marked just selling uppers and bolts as 300bl and not for a premium.
View Quote

no sir..

you're missing the point...

sometimes it's not enough to just use your tan mags or coordinate furniture..

sometimes you need to mark the whole damn rifle..

and if you followed the links.. the listings said AR 15  and 300 AAC in them..
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

no sir..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no sir..

i put the the links the listing is marked not the parts,
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:31:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's just the way they organized their website.  If you know what they mean, why does it matter?

Can you see some of their stuff is marked AR15-AR10?  Well, some of it is marked AR15-300 AAC.  That just means the parts are cross compatible.  Look at the 300 barrels.  None of them are marked AR15-300 AAC.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no sir..

that is because those parts are interchangeable..

as stated above, you don't see the barrels marked as both..
the parts you linked work with both, they're not marketed as 300AAC, they're marketed as AR-15/300AAC..
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top