Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 7:31:27 PM EDT
With the election being over a year out, some people might say I'm a bit early to worry about such things but after the last crazy ass panic and with prices being so low currently, I decided to build a simple AR. I haven't had an AR for about a year, my M92 PAP AK47 and my PTR 91 .308 have been keeping me busy/occupied. My intention when I sold my last AR was to buy a Daniel Defense V11 PRO but I honestly haven't been able to justify the need with 7.62x39 ammo being so dang cheap.

I considered a simple COLT 6920 but decided I wanted to go Midlengh gas, so I started looking into PSA

PSA "Blem" Lower
PSA MOE Lower Build Kit
DPMS Armorers Wrench
Promag Stock wrench
PSA 5.56 Premium HPT/MPI Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group - No Logo
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Charging Handle
The Outdoor Connection Single Point Sling Adapter
PSA 16" Mid-length 5.56 NATO 1/7 Premium Upper

I had the Miculek Brake and the removable carry handle, and magazines in my parts bin already

Left to do: Hiperfire TH24 Trigger (waiting for release) and CavArms C6 Handgaurds

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
after the last crazy ass panic and with prices being so low currently, I decided to build a simple AR
View Quote

That's basically the advise I've been offering to everyone who asks.  

The market is very saturated, and I really do not think there will be an opportunity to double or triple one's investment in an AR the way we saw in '13, but there is a pretty good chance that prices will go up some in the weeks before the election, and especially in the weeks after if a democrat wins.  Not astronomical increases, but enough to make a guy kick himself if he waited.  I'm  guessing 40-50% increases for a time if the left gets another term in office.

As such, I do not think it's prudent for a person to throw all his disposable income into ARs, hedging on a huge banic return that most likely won't come.   But on the other side of that coin, if a guy thinks he might want an AR at some point, there's never been a better time.  As someone with experience in both manufacturing and business operation, and with some insight into this specific market, I will say with confidence that AR prices are about as low as they're gonna go, so there's no reason to wait.  Being able to build a pretty decent carbine for for the same price as a Glock is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!

I have been collecting mags, Cheap and you can't have too many
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I figured worst case scenario at least I'll have an AR before any bans are put in place. I haven't built an AR in about ten years so it was fun to do
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle, gotta love a simple basic AR-15.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn right!!! Its a buyers market that's for damn sure. If I didn't have such a long list of things to build...AR10, precision AR, AR 9mm and so forth. I'd be building an 5.45 AR and a AR that shoots 7.62x39. I need to get on it!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top