Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 3:39:16 PM EDT
Is it adequate for both barrel nut and muzzle device work?

Is their a preferred method for either? i.e. barrel clamp > BEV Block for adding FH or upper receiver vice>BEV Block for barrel nut (not the case)

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Muzzle device installation always gets a set of barrel clamps from me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Muzzle device installation always gets a set of barrel clamps from me.
View Quote

Yep.  I use the blocks on mine as well.

In a pinch, a couple of blocks of wood in a vice will also work.  You have to put a groove on both blocks that the barrel seats in.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't use barrel blocks because sometimes there's no space for the block on the barrel, or I have to remove the HG and gas tube to use the barrel blocks. So I like using something like the Magpul BEV, Geissele reaction rod, or Brownells barrel torque tool.

The Magpul BEV block will work on uppers and muzzle devices. Their wrench is nice too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I used my BEV on my barrel install just fine. It's pretty solidly mounted in there. I didn't crank it down to 80 ft lbs or anything as my barrel indexed at 45.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#5]
It seems the barrel block is preferred method for MD attachment, can one also be used in torquing the barrel nut?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top