Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 7:46:31 AM EDT
I recently purchased two 16 inch AR15 barrels for two new builds at a gun show. One is a light weight and the other is a heavy weight barrel. The vendor did not have any gas tubes. I need help determining what length gas tubes I need. The front sight is farther forward on the heavy barrel than it is on the light weight barrel.
The distance from the rear of the front sight to the rear of the light weight barrel is 7 7/8 inches.
The distance from the rear of the front sight to the rear of the heavy weight barrel is 10 inches.
These measurements could be off more or less a fraction of an inch.
I don't have a Photobucket account or any other way to post photos of the barrels.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#1]
From the description is sounds like one is Carbine length and the other is mid length.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the description is sounds like one is Carbine length and the other is mid length.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the information and picture. I bought them online today.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top