Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2015 8:21:18 PM EDT
How many rattle cans will I need of AlmaHyde II to get complete coverage on an upper, lower and front rail?

I want to make sure I get enough but don't want to have a lot extra.

Is there another option that's as durable and as easy to apply?

All helpful input is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Fc2
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Just one but extra nozzles.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I painted the upper and lower below with Alumahyde 2 as well as another lower and have a half can left, easily enough left to do another upper and lower. The reason I painted two lowers is that it did not stick to the raw 80%, even after soda blasting. It did stick to the anodized upper so I did another 80% that was anodized and it turned out well. I followed the Brownell,s video directions to a T including several (4) light coatings less than 30 minutes apart with heat gun in between each one and then three weeks  to dry.

Brownells Application Video

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, one is plenty.  And +1,000 on the nozzles.  One of the best things I ever bought from Brownells is the small bag of nozzles.  I love the AlumaHyde II.  In addition to the receivers, I've painted metal mounts, EOTechs and plastic stocks as well with it, with great results.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep, one is plenty.  And +1,000 on the nozzles.  One of the best things I ever bought from Brownells is the small bag of nozzles.  I love the AlumaHyde II.  In addition to the receivers, I've painted metal mounts, EOTechs and plastic stocks as well with it, with great results.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

which nozzles do you use?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought the 12-pack of this, with the red tip.  They also work on my cans of Dupli-Color high heat ceramic paint I also use.  I know there's a way to clean the nozzlles after you use them to keep them from clogging, but I don't do that.  If the can has been sitting around for awhile, I just replace with a new nozzle before i use it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top