Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/5/2015 12:11:38 AM EDT
Who has 18' 223 wylde 1-8 rifle barrels in stock?  So who has them, at a decent price
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Rainier has their 18" mid length Match barrel- .223 Wylde 1/8 in stock for  $259.95.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're ok with mid length gas $79. They also have some fluted ones for a bit morehttps://www.classicfirearms.com/arbarrel18parkerized1in8heavybarrel

Not sure how cheap you wanted to go so sorry if that's below your standards :)
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Primary Arms and Joebob has 18" barrels in stock. I just built an upper with an 18" Odinworks "3-gun" mid gas barrel. 1:8, .223 wylde.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:38:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Lothar Walther might, I bought my 20" from them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out Integrity Arms in GA. They had several 16-20" wylde barrels in stock last time I checked. I bought an 18" last month.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I am looking for rifle length gas

Which on one seems to have
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
PSA

I've heard its a good barrel... just haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you try the link to ARP I posted above?  They make their 18" in rifle length only...as of this post, they have 4 left in stock.

They don't use stainless, only mil-spec CMV, but their quality is fantastic for the price...you could spend a lot more and not get a better barrel.

...and yes, I do have one myself.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
The integrity arms barrel I bought is stainless with melonite coating. 223 wylde with 1:8 5R. Mine has rifle length gas too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Did you try the link to ARP I posted above?  They make their 18" in rifle length only...as of this post, they have 4 left in stock.

They don't use stainless, only mil-spec CMV, but their quality is fantastic for the price...you could spend a lot more and not get a better barrel.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a nice barrel but the non standard thread for .223/5.56 turns me off to this barrel.  Sounds like some nonsense about the reason for the difference.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.customar15.net/shop/barrels-ar-15-upper-receivers/18-wylde-stainless-twist-fluted-heavy-barrel/

https://www.classicfirearms.com/arbarrel18parkerizedspiralfluted1in7fromheavybarrel

Im looking at these myself

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice barrel but the non standard thread for .223/5.56 turns me off to this barrel.  Sounds like some nonsense about the reason for the difference.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any .30 cal muzzle device works fine, they also have their own slim brake for that barrel that is not expensive at all.  I'm not a fan of that threading either, but the barrel is fantastic for the price, so its a non-issue for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Jp super match, comes with matched jp bolt.
Rifle length gas.
About $485 shipped.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Aimsurplus has seekins in stock
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSPSS18&name=Seekins+18%22+.223+Wylde+Stainless+Steel+Barrel&groupid=1714&fprdct=1
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#17]
ARP. Great barrels,Good value,rifle lenght, Good QC.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Criterion barrels at Brownell’s have rifle gas.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone have any experience with those barrels? I've been looking into them myself.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Anyone have any experience with those barrels? I've been looking into them myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought one about 18 months ago, during the "scare" when nothing else was available. I shot it at 100 yards off hand with iron sights and kept the group to about 4 inches but that's no judgement of the barrel. I just put a scope on the rifle but have not been to the range with it yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Any .30 cal muzzle device works fine, they also have their own slim brake for that barrel that is not expensive at all.  I'm not a fan of that threading either, but the barrel is fantastic for the price, so its a non-issue for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For few more $$$ I can get a SS match barrel from White Oak.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and not get nearly the life that you would from the ARP, nor better accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...and not get nearly the life that you would from the ARP, nor better accuracy.
View Quote

You obiviously have never shot a White Oak barrel. High power shooters have been using WOA barrels for years. I have a WOA barrel with over 2k rounds out of it and it still shoots better than me. I know other shooter with WOA barrels with over 4k rounds on it and he only got a new one because his 600yd groups opened up
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Like I said, only a fraction of the usable barrel life...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Ballistic advantage has 416 SS wylde chamber 1/8 twist rifle length gas
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
PSA

I've heard its a good barrel... just haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet.
View Quote

I'd be interested in a report on this barrel knowing its a cold hammer forged FN.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:33:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Like I said, only a fraction of the usable barrel life...
View Quote

That is a matter of opinion. A fellow I know had it in his head that his 22-250 barrel should last for at least 30,000 rounds. Sure, the bullets will still come out the front end of the barrel but who knows where they will go!

WOA and Criterion might have what you want. I recommend them.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top