Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:50:55 PM EDT
Okay guys I have built about 6-7 ar-15 uppers and lowers. I just bought a LMT 10.5 barrel of the EE it was already drilled for an A2 front site post. Now I am having a hell of time trying to get an a2 site to line up. How do I go about fitting a new front site post when the holes are already drilled? How much would it cost to have someone do this? I am trying to see if the guy I purchased it from has the original site block but just trying to weigh my options.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done a previously drilled barrel using a BRDE FSB jig and an undrilled FSB. I did it on a mini mill, line up spindle with one groove, install FSB on barrel, and drill/ream for pin then repeat on 2nd groove.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done a previously drilled barrel using a BRDE FSB jig and an undrilled FSB. I did it on a mini mill, line up spindle with one groove, install FSB on barrel, and drill/ream for pin then repeat on 2nd groove.
View Quote

Thanks wonder if anyone rents these. They are $175 and for one upper that seems a bit pricey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Adco can do the work. Not sure if anyone is loaning jigs.

The jig is paid for once you do a few FSB's it's not for a one time use for sure.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Okay guys I have built about 6-7 ar-15 uppers and lowers. I just bought a LMT 10.5 barrel of the EE it was already drilled for an A2 front site post. Now I am having a hell of time trying to get an a2 site to line up. How do I go about fitting a new front site post when the holes are already drilled? How much would it cost to have someone do this? I am trying to see if the guy I purchased it from has the original site block but just trying to weigh my options.
View Quote

An installed FSB and its barrel are a unique pair.
Try to get the origial FSB from the seller.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Would a clamp on gas block work even if it is already drilled. Like the Yankee hill or Daniel defense one that uses two screws vs just the single ones.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would a clamp on gas block work even if it is already drilled. Like the Yankee hill or Daniel defense one that uses two screws vs just the single ones.
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Clamp on or Adco
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top