Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2015 4:59:59 PM EDT
Finally starting a new build.  This will be a 6.5 grendel build that is intended for long range.  I plan to chronicle the whole build on youtube.  This will take me a few months to get everything together.  I will use this thread to post updates aswell as asking for suggestions (first time assembling an upper).

Parts obtained so far:

Upper and lower forged AP receivers
Port cover kit
Forward assist kit
Lower parts kit (cmmg) minus trigger and pistol grip

Also picked up a set of Forster dies with the micrometer seater.  So you could say I'm committed to the grendel now, lol.  I got them on sale

As for the rest of the parts, these are what I am thinking about right now:

Barrel/Bolt;  Bartlein barrel (20"-24") from Precision Firearms with their bolt/bolt carrier
Magpul MOE fixed rifle
Ergo pistol grip
CMC or Geissele trigger (really like the CMC on my other AR.. undecided if I want a 2-stage trigger for what will be a bench gun)
WOA varmint float tube

As for optics, I have the RRA cantilever mount on my other AR and really like it so I may buy another.  For glass I'm leaning towards a Vortex HS-T.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll add the videos to this post as they get uploaded:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Port cover:

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top