Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 10:05:17 PM EDT
Finally, this thing is done!! Well, kinda sorta done. It'll be getting some nice glass, and when I get a trust lined out, a de-loudafier device.

Lower:
Mega Arms forged stripped lower
Spikes Tactical LPK minus FCG
Geissele SSA-E FCG
Magpul FDE MAID Grip
Magpul FDE Enhanced trigger guard
Vltor A-5 buffer kit w/ FDE Vltor Emod

Upper:
Mega Arms stripped upper
Spikes tactical dust cover (with some flare) and Spikes install kit
Rubber City Armory Emhanced BCG
Mega Arms 18" SPR profile SS barrel
Geissele MK2 13" rail
Syrac Ordinance Gen II adj. gas block
Spikes melonited rifle length gas tube
BCM Mod 4 CH
Magpul FDE BUIS
Generic A2 flashider (placeholder till supressor and brake arrive)

I'll take the pictures this thing deserves later, but the phone pics whilst drinking a victory beer will have to do for now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Very very nice rifle. Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That is one of the nicest first builds I have seen to date.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice! Gotta love Mega!
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks nice !  
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it! Also, thanks to everyone on ARFCOM for all your help along the way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you shot it yet?  Curious how you like it so far as I'm using Mega for my build right now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, and I love it. Haven't put glass on it, or ran any match ammo yet (I know this defeats the purpose of the build). However, with mill spec 193 and 885 it has done very well. I used a 25 meter 300 yard sim target to zero my irons. All groups were ragged holes (again not all that impressive at 25 meters. But after I got it where I wanted it, I smoked a clay pigeon laying a little past the 100 yard berm first shot. Then proceeded to put 10 rounds in a row on a 12x18 piece of steel at 250 yards. All of this in standing off-hand position. I'm no sharpshooter by any means, this thing just shoots awesome.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice build. Hows that SSA-E? Im currently working on my very first build as well and i went with the SD-E.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice rifle. How do you like the Rubber City BCG?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Legion- love the SAA-E. Not a stitch of creep, excellent feel when you reach the 2nd stage, and wonderfully crisp break. Smooth reset also, so I'm very pleased. I also have a Geissele rail, and experienced a tolerance issue with a component (not a Geiselle component mind you) and geiselle took the rail sections and component and sent me back rail sections that fit the component for free. Awesome company.

Angrysquirrel- love the RCA BCG. It's so well made and flawlessly coated that I almost didn't want to use it lol. No burrs, rough edges, flaws in the finish; very well made. The only thing is the staking could be a little beefier (if that's even the word) however, I can't see it not being sufficient. Cleans up to a like new appearance very easily, and hasn't had a single issue so far with FTF, FTE, etc. I was also taken back by the warranty when I discovered it was a limited-lifetime warranty. I thought it was a lifetime warranty. After reading, I found out it's only a 75 year warranty lol. So yeah I'm GTG till I'm 105 with this BCG.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Ryan what issue did you have. I ask because im also in the process of my build and i went with that exact 13" Geissele MK2 rail. Just wondering
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Magpul AFG2 wouldn't go onto a rail section. The rail was too fat, so they mic'd all the rail sections and sent me all new that we're in spec and worked with the AFG. Metal accesories worked just fine on both sets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Legion- love the SAA-E. Not a stitch of creep, excellent feel when you reach the 2nd stage, and wonderfully crisp break. Smooth reset also, so I'm very pleased. I also have a Geissele rail, and experienced a tolerance issue with a component (not a Geiselle component mind you) and geiselle took the rail sections and component and sent me back rail sections that fit the component for free. Awesome company.

Angrysquirrel- love the RCA BCG. It's so well made and flawlessly coated that I almost didn't want to use it lol. No burrs, rough edges, flaws in the finish; very well made. The only thing is the staking could be a little beefier (if that's even the word) however, I can't see it not being sufficient. Cleans up to a like new appearance very easily, and hasn't had a single issue so far with FTF, FTE, etc. I was also taken back by the warranty when I discovered it was a limited-lifetime warranty. I thought it was a lifetime warranty. After reading, I found out it's only a 75 year warranty lol. So yeah I'm GTG till I'm 105 with this BCG.
View Quote

RyanO20. How many rounds do you have on the RCA? I know I can't go wrong with a BCM BCG but for the cost difference I am seriously considering a RCA.  Let's just say the warranty on the RCA will out last me by more than a few years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Only a few hundred so far, so really can't speak to the long term performance. However, I see no reason to use anything else in future builds personally. I have a background in racing, and I've seen the value of these types of coatings on various surfaces. This is especially true for high friction surfaces. That aspect, combined with the craftsmanship and warranty have me sold.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Very nice build!  I'm most impressed with the punisher dust cover
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Solid build!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Solid build!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Solid build!

Quoted:
Very nice build!  I'm most impressed with the punisher dust cover

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! I'm partial to it NAC, lol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Looking good
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top