Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 3:47:44 AM EDT
I currently have the Magpul ASAP, and aside from it looking cool it sounds like i'm walking a dog with a noisy collar whenever i don't have a sling attached to it. I want a QD endplate and i was looking at these:

Fortis Mfg. QD Endplate

Magpul ASAP QD Endplate

My question is, has anyone used these and if so how do you like it? or, if you have used another one and would recommend it, please do so.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Id go with the Magpul one. It is melonited steel, while the Fortis is anodized 6061 aluminum.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I use Noveske QD endplate on all of my rifles. It works well just as Im sure most of this style do...it's just a hole in a plate after all, pretty hard to screw up!

The Noveske has a bonus that the others don't, a cool cross logo on it

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/parts/products/noveske-qd-end-plate
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Of the two you posted I would go with the Magpul since it's steel and not aluminum.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I have used the magpul and the noveske and both are good....... however I have switched all mine over to the IWC QD end plate .  Good solid plate and their customer service is AWESOME.  They are also a site vendor on here as well.  Price is also great.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with the IWC end plate on my last build and it is really nice, great price as well. Larue has them. The finish is awesome, no rough edges, It is high quality and most importantly it functions well.

http://www.laruetactical.com/iwc-qd-end-plate

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]
The IWC QD end plate is the one to use - great quality and a great company.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#8]
BCM just released their new QD end plate as well. It is steel and only $18.

BCM Endplate
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#9]
iwc for me also
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The IWC QD end plate is the one to use - great quality and a great company.
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hahaha, go ahead and pay $30.

I use the these for $10.

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/mad-end-plate-mk-i-multi-adaptable-design
View Quote

Just installed 2 of these last night to replace my noisy ASAP and my ugly SLAP plates.  Couldn't be happier.  Actually I got these instead: http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/ar15m16-receiver-end-plate-qd-thin-profile still $10 though
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just installed 2 of these last night to replace my noisy ASAP and my ugly SLAP plates.  Couldn't be happier.  Actually I got these instead: http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/ar15m16-receiver-end-plate-qd-thin-profile still $10 though
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use the these for $10.

http://damageindustriesllc.com/product/mad-end-plate-mk-i-multi-adaptable-design

Thems fightin' words.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thems fightin' words.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use the these for $10.

Thems fightin' words.

They work great but the grey color doesn't match my black receivers
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use the these for $10.

Thems fightin' words.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I use these for $10.

View Quote

Tier 1 has no price limitations in my eyes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Have both IWC and Magpul QD;s, both are equally nice.  The Damage Ind. one is very affordable, I'd pass on the Noveske as it is swagged two piece unit though I've never heard of one coming apart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have both IWC and Magpul QD;s, both are equally nice.  The Damage Ind. one is very affordable, I'd pass on the Noveske as it is swagged two piece unit though I've never heard of one coming apart.
View Quote

Having owned the Noveske, other no-names I can't recall and the IWC.the IWC is easily the best and surprisingly, NOT the most expensive.

I've also played with the Magpul QD, and it is nice too, but I'll stick with the IWC.

(and I'm a self admitted Magpul whore)

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Having owned the Noveske, other no-names I can't recall and the IWC.the IWC is easily the best and surprisingly, NOT the most expensive.

I've also played with the Magpul QD, and it is nice too, but I'll stick with the IWC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What makes it easily better than the Noveske other than the price? They look almost the same to me
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What makes it easily better than the Noveske other than the price? They look almost the same to me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right off the bat, the IWC is cut from a solid piece of steel and melonited.

The Noveske is neither of those and costs more.

Also, the IWC is minutely thicker.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got Noveske, IWC and Damage plates.  They all work just fine.  I went with aluminum from Damage for $10 recently.  I trust aluminum on my rail for QD sling mounts, why wouldn't I trust it on the rear plate?        

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I use Noveske QD endplate on all of my rifles. It works well just as Im sure most of this style do...it's just a hole in a plate after all, pretty hard to screw up!

The Noveske has a bonus that the others don't, a cool cross logo on it

http://www.shopnoveske.com/collections/parts/products/noveske-qd-end-plate
View Quote

For $2 more, you can get it a brownells with a swivel.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I put a Magpul ASAP on one of my pistol builds, and it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever put on an AR. It works great as a cow bell though, but I could have just bought a cowbell.

What everyone else has said, Noveske and IWC are both great products, and IWO has the added benefit of tier 1 customer service (think Geissele). I only have Noveske, but I'll replace the ASAP with an IWC when I get around to it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I put a Magpul ASAP on one of my pistol builds, and it's probably the stupidest thing I've ever put on an AR. It works great as a cow bell though, but I could have just bought a cowbell.

What everyone else has said, Noveske and IWC are both great products, and IWO has the added benefit of tier 1 customer service (think Geissele). I only have Noveske, but I'll replace the ASAP with an IWC when I get around to it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#24]
For those of you running the single slot qd positioned in the middle (ala IWC) do have any issues with the positioning of the sling qd? It seems like it might bump against the lower, castle nut, and buffer tube.

Also, rotation limited or not? And if not does my above question about clearance prevent rotation?

(I have a bulk ambi qd plate that has has a QD slot on each side and am curious about the single QD slot style
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you talking about the one with single chain link that uses a para clip? The ASAP QD is just a steel plate with a hole in it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
The rotation limit on the iwc is a pain in the ass for me.  I leave slings on.  If you colapse the stock in can slightly depress the button.  Not a problem with my non rotation limited ones.  With the rotation limited ones if you open the stock and the swivel is not positioned correctly it pops out.

Quality product but it happens to me all the time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those of you running the single slot qd positioned in the middle (ala IWC) do have any issues with the positioning of the sling qd? It seems like it might bump against the lower, castle nut, and buffer tube.

Also, rotation limited or not? And if not does my above question about clearance prevent rotation?

(I have a bulk ambi qd plate that has has a QD slot on each side and am curious about the single QD slot style
View Quote

Yes it bumps against everything.  On mine, it only interferes with the stock when it is fully collapsed. I usually have mine one click out and it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Damage Industries has a QD endplate.  I recently bought 2 of them because they have a "Blemished" sale for $10 each.  I figure it was worth a shot for that price.  Haven't really put it to use yet, but it is made of steel and has a QD limiter.

Damage Industries QD Endplate

I also have 2 Noveske endplates.  I feel like they are all really the same stuff.  They all work as intended.  Don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#29]
like the others here, I went with something cheap/functional... LIKE THIS
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I honestly like my troy end plate. A sharpy fixes their trademark

I got it on a close out, so Im doubtful they even made a profit off it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#31]
My preference for that type of end plate is the ikickhippies version. Not only do they have an awesome name, they were the original, before everyone started copying them.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My preference for that type of end plate is the ikickhippies version. Not only do they have an awesome name, they were the original, before everyone started copying them.
View Quote

That's not a QD
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top