Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 10:10:45 PM EDT
I am about to complete my SBR build, I was thinking of using some of the  diopter sights like sig or HK use, I perfer the sig style rear with the open notch for the cqb setting. They need to mount on standard picatinny rails,  as my rifle is flat top all the way., but I would like to not spend te 275$ for the actual HK ones, sig sells some on their site for the 522, but I need a front sight of correct height to match

I may have posted a similar question a while a go but couldn't ind the old post...

Any recommendations or know where to get what I'm
Looking for?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Diopter sights are simply sights in which the shooter aligns two concentric circles in order to aim the weapon.

There are a number of companies such as Troy which make diopter front sights to go with a standard rear sight to make it a diopter system.

If you're only interested in an HK/Sig style rear drum then that is the route you'll have to take.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:08:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, sorry about the terminology , yes the drum type ok, well I guess I'll look at the HK and sig stuff a little
Closer
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 6:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
centurion made a rear drum sight, although i dont know if they still make these

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Centurion-Diopter-C4-Iron-Sights-Set-p/centurion%20diopter%20c4%20iron%20set.htm
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Centurion-Diopter-C4-Iron-Sights-Set-p/centurion%20diopter%20c4%20iron%20set.htm
View Quote

Only thing is, that coupled with the proper front sight is >$300; OP was trying to avoid the $275 HK, Sig, Centurion, etc.

Technically, the drum has nothing to do with the sight being a diopter set up.

The least expensive route is to go diopter front with a standard rear sight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Rtgparts has a set for $130

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Only thing is, that coupled with the proper front sight is >$300; OP was trying to avoid the $275 HK, Sig, Centurion, etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the ~$200 price is for both front and rear sight. although the point is moot as they do seem to be discontinued. you could probably ask on the EE if you really wanted a set.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:18:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rtgparts has a set for $130

View Quote

thanks, for the info, these may be what i go with, still a little undecided
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
theanks for the help guys, also, does anyone know how these type of sights co witness with an eotech? i plan to add one to the rifle, one day....
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Diamondhead

While these aren't dioptic, they are pretty interesting for the price.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Diamondhead

While these aren't dioptic, they are pretty interesting for the price.
View Quote

those are interesting for sure
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
so ive been searching back up iron sights for the last 2 hours, my eyes are almost bleeding.....i think im going to skip the fancy hk type sight, im looking at a set of daniel defense fixed or possibly lmt l8's, the daniel defense's are considerablt cheaper....anyone have expierence with either?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top