Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2014 5:33:19 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for a bolt carrier group.  Don't want to start a flame war, just planning a lightweight build, and need info.  For instance, is one particular coating option better.  Bushmaster receiver, Daniel Defence barrel, if it makes any difference.
Thanks, Hubert
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Looking for recommendations for a bolt carrier group.  Don't want to start a flame war, just planning a lightweight build, and need info.  For instance, is one particular coating option better.  Bushmaster receiver, Daniel Defence barrel, if it makes any difference.

Thanks, Hubert
View Quote
JP Low Mass

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a bolt carrier group with charging handle from Palmetto State Armory for $140 shipped to my door.  Hard to beat that.  Nickel Boron if it REALLY matters to you is what I bought.  Not because I was waiting for it but because it was the same price as a phosphate bolt and a handle separate.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I would probably put together the BCG with a Voodoo low mass carrier and a ToolCraft bolt if I wanted something lighter than M16...

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Voodoo_VDI_Lifecoat_Low_Mass_Bolt_Carrier_Direct_p/voodoo-bc2-f-lm-vdi.htm - $120
http://www.crypticcoatings.com/bolt-assembly-complete/ - $52

I don't run low mass on my lightweight build because I want to be able to swap lowers if needed so both of my builds have the same action parts...
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
There is  is Voodoo, JP and Boomfab who make low mass carriers and they are all outstanding
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you even looking for a low mass carrier to fine tune your rifle or are wanting proven reliability?

ETA: if you haven't looked into low mass bcg's there's really more to for reliability than just dropping it in. If you want to try a fancy coating like NiB be my guest. IMO don't worry so much with the weight of the bcg you just need it to work. DD, BCM, spikes, young mfg, go milspec
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the feedback, all.  It was helpful
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top