Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2014 5:36:59 PM EDT
Long story short. This is my third and only AR Build that I felt good about and kept. The first a pistol I sold when I turned team AK. Sold 3 of those just to come back and build another plastic lower ar15. Not SHTF certified. Athena is my CMT custom Billet build. My only primary because I'm broke. So she has to be right. I happened to have turned team magpul and team FDE as well. Thought it would look cheesy or like a toy but it blended in with the gun range I last attended, good camo. Cmt upper and lower, YHM handguard, rba 16" barrel, phantom flash hider, magpul furniture including buis, standard charging handle, and a complete bcg a gun shop owner said was from a colt competeion a semi auto bolt. This guns was no expense until I got the semi auto bcg and asked myself if I trust my life with it. Not to mention that same gun shop owner put my gas block on backwards and scratched everything possible. Ponderd SPARC or aimpoint. Thinking aimpoint but I have spark money. Help.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
And I thought hardbout every aspect. 2 days deciding to buy a vtac slung. This thread is nothing without pics.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Sparc and it's okay, but I also have a couple of Aimpoints and they are better.  Save your cash, sell plasma or do odd jobs till you have enough to buy a Aimpoint PRO.  Black Fri is right around the corner.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Lmao. Your absolutely right. It looked good but if its all I had I'll wait and learn to use these magpul buis. I want the battery life and performance boost advantage.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I just have to ask, what about the semi auto BCG makes you question if you'd trust it with your life?  A full auto BCG and budget optic would be ok though?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Its because everyone always says that if its a no expense or SHTF build then an M16 BCG is the way to go. The Gunshop owner said it was a seni auto bolt from a colt competition ar but it loos generic and lacks magnetic markings. Don't all colts have FA BCGs? As for the RD Sight I would like one on there ASAP just can stomach paying Aimpoint money and eating noodles for a month. The Sparc II looked good to me but can i trust my life with it. I think the aimpoint would be the best and you cant beat the battery life. thinking im just gonna wait and learn to use my BUIS. Also searching for a good light and attachment mount.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:45:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The 'semi' BCG are usually just lighter than the 'full auto' BCG's. The AR is a tunable rifle, balancing gas port location, size, BCG weight, buffer weight, buffer spring, barrel length and what ammo you will shoot all impact the operation of the weapon.  The lighter 'semi auto' BCG can balance a smaller gas port, shorter dwell, heavier buffer etc, ad nauseum. No problem with it if balanced with other parts and configurations.

Save your pennies and get the PRO, you won't be sorry. ANd like others have said, Black Friday deals if you shop around, might find the PRO in the $350-ish range.
My only complain about the PRO is that it isn't a T-1 or T-2.

EDIT: I can't spell
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#7]
some pics for now....

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#8]
thank you all for the responses. I guess I can live with the semi auto BCG for now and will definitly wait to buy the aimpoint. Now im thinking will I be happy with the pro or t1 or h1. hmmmmm. I have alot of time to research anyway...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Decided to order a thurnite tn12 2014 as well. was gonna get the tlr1 hl but i dont want it to accidently come on by accident in the case or being pressed against my body.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top