Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2014 12:47:02 PM EDT

I used to want a san-tan lower, but after looking them over I am not sure if that's really what I want, any one have other suggestions on which lower they feel is the best ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with what you find most appealing lots of great ones.

Mega arms
Rainier arms
Noveske
Northtech defense
Axts
Spikes tactical billet gen 2
Seekins ( butt ass ugly imo)
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mega arms
Rainier arms
Noveske
Northtech defense
Axts
View Quote

that's the thing, they all look fancy but I wam trying to sort out the toys from the ones that really work
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the Megas, top quality lowers
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at San tan tactical too
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Any of them mentioned will fit the bill.

If the San-Tan is the one that caught your interest, that is probably the one I would go with. When I first started build AR's, I wanted a Mega, but they were nowhere to be found. I bought a Lauer instead. Real nice lower, but the Mega is what I wanted and so I ended switching it our.

I recently was in a similar situation, looking for a billet lower to go with the billet upper on my Grendel. The upper is Seekins. When I first saw the Seekins a while back I thought the were so so... I kept looking them over knowing they would go well with the upper. I finally ordered one. When I got to see one first hand it is a real nice bit of work. Pictures do not do them justice. The counter guy where I do my transfers even freaked.

I would go with what first pops into your head or catches your eye. Then that want is satisfied. The lower itself will be good and again, any of the brands mentioned are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
AXTS is the best, San Tan is a close second and a whole lot cheaper. Get one of the San Tan Grenades for $199 there may or may not be a tiny blem, it has most of the ambi parts already.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

that's the thing, they all look fancy but I wam trying to sort out the toys from the ones that really work
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mega arms
Rainier arms
Noveske
Northtech defense
Axts

They all essentially do the same thing. The difference is how they look.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mega arms
Rainier arms
Noveske
Northtech defense
Axts
View Quote

I love my Seekins and I think it's sweet as a shaved pie. .
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the Seekins and the SanTan Tactical lower and they are both very nice. I think the Seekins is a little bit nicer though. The AXTS looks really nice but I've always hear their were long wait time to get one and they are little bit more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#11]
The  AX556 has the a-dac feature which makes in unique even among ambi lowers.

Arfcom makes an ambi lower too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
There are very few manufacturers that actually produce full ambidextrous lowers.  Most "ambi" lowers do not have a RH bolt hold open, most just have a rh bolt release and use a Norgon pr Troy mag release and BAD(or other ambi selector).

I believe only AXTS, LWRC and Aero make fully ambi lowers (or capable of full ambi with added Norgon mag release, etc.)

I have an AXTS A-DAC-F lower that is very close to full ambi after I added a Norgon & BAD ST, but it lacks rh bolt release. Not a big deal considering I can easily hit the bolt release after a mag change.

eta- feel free to correct me if I am wrong

eta2- If I was looking to purchase a FULL ambi lower today and wanted the nicest one out there (imho), I'd purchase the AX556 lower.

If I wanted full ambi without all the billet frills and more stock looking, Id order the Aero PDQ forged lower.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#13]
LWRC IC lower
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top