Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 4:14:15 PM EDT
Hello,

First time post for a 1st build going on here.  How important are the receivers?  I read a post about the manufacturers and different qualities so I'm not asking the "Who makes the best" question.  As long as I buy from a reputable manufacturer does it really matter what receiver I get?  Thanks for the help.

J Wett
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Pick a decent company and a roll mark you like

It's a great time to build an AR , components are available .
more important items are Barrel , Upper , BCG
After that trigger group

Try not to get caught up in bling / fluff items
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh just seen it was your first post

Welcome

Check out Palmetto state armory - good sales

http://palmettostatearmory.com
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Range Tool at ar15brick.com . They have no logo blem lowers for $50 and free shipping.
I have two of them and have not found the blemish on either one.

They fit tight with my Aero Precision uppers.

I have a Range Tool upper on order.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hello,

.  As long as I buy from a reputable manufacturer does it really matter what receiver I get?
View Quote

Welcome to ARFCOM.

Nope.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone!  I'll be doing a lot of looking around.  Picked up a blem M4 upper for $35.00 and was looking for deals on lowers as well.  In NJ I have few barrel choices.  I've found a nice Wilson 20" SS bull barrel I like, but didn't want to spend the money if inexpensive blem'd uppers and lowers would hurt my project.

Thanks again,

J WETT
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top