Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2014 4:34:47 PM EDT
Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. This is my first build and I would like to have quality parts which I can rely on but I also work on a pretty limited budget/income. I am open to any suggestions of different parts if y'all think that there is a substitution which I would benefit more from. I will use this rifle just as a range/truck/go-to gun. It doesn't need to be a tack-driver, just reliable and able to hit the target.

First off the only piece which I have purchased so far is just a standard stripped Spikes lower for $96 out the door at a local pawn shop.

Lower parts kit -
I was considering purchasing a Stag Arm LPK but I figured it would be in my best monetary interest to purchase this PSA Mugpul MOE LPK -
PSA Magpul LPK

Upper -
So far I have not found a better deal than this Spikes upper. A plus is that i would also macth my lower -
Spikes Upper

Bolt -
I think this AIM NiB bolt would fare me well for the price -
AIM NiB Bolt

Barrel -
This one of the parts I'm most concerned about. Like I said I don't need ridiculous accuracy but I also don't want a POS. I was thinking this Spikes barrel would be my best bet -
Spikes Barrel

Gas Block -
For the gas block I would like a low profile gas block. This low profile gas block is a little pricey, in my opinion, so maybe y'all will have another suggestion (Also I am unsure if it will fit my barrel) -
Vltor Low Profile Gas Block

Ran out of space --->
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Other Items -
I would like a Troy alpha rail because I love how the rail meets the rail on the receiver and also the modular ability but these rails are pricey.
For sights I would like to have Magpul MBUS but I also have a Trijicon ACOG laying around so this doesn't need to be an immediate purchase.
I believe any charging handle would work for me to begin with but eventually I would upgrade to a larger tactical latch.
And lastly I think I will buy a YHM Phantom Comp in the future.

Anything that you guys think I missed? Did I make good decisions with all these parts?
Thank you guys so much for your help in advance!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top