Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 6:39:57 PM EDT
Hello Avid Shooters,

Going into my first AR build and I though it would be wise to have some knowledgable people double check my shopping list. So if you would please let me know if I am missing anything? It would be greatly appreciated.

Rail- geissele mk1

Upper- vltor MUR-1S

Lower- Pirate Lower w/ Enhanced Kit - No Stock

Stock- MOE® Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model

Grip- MAGPUL MIAD® GEN 1.1 Grip Kit – TYPE 1

Sights- Magpul MBUS front and back

Barrel- Rainier Arms Select™ 5.56MM MEDCON Barrel – 16.

Bolt- Rainier Arms BCG - Nickel Boron

Charging Handle- BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod 4 (MEDIUM) Latch

Gas Block: BCM LGB 750

Gas Tube- BCM Gas Tube - Mid Length

BCMGUNFIGHTER Compensator MOD 1 - 5.56- 95.00
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Just at a quick glance as the wife is yammering in my ear, Looks like its all there, build away.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless you're buying the stock as a kit you're missing the buffer tube, spring, buffer, and end plate.  If your first build is also your first AR then you're missing magazines too.

IIRC, BCM gas tubes come with a roll pin but double check on that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank y'all for the feedback. In regards to the buffer tube, etc. I believe my lower kit is coming with one, but I'll be sure to double check on that and the gas tube, Good call. I may pick up for mags too, they could come in handy
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
You might stop in the Geissele industry section and double check that the MK1 will work with the Vltor MUR.  I know the indexing tabs on the Geissele rails don't work with some billet uppers.

Also, it seems like you have a very nice build on your hands.  Have you thought about maybe upgrading your trigger?  A good trigger is worth it's weight in gold.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  A good trigger is worth it's weight in gold.
View Quote

TRUTH^^^^
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You might stop in the Geissele industry section and double check that the MK1 will work with the Vltor MUR.  I know the indexing tabs on the Geissele rails don't work with some billet uppers.

Also, it seems like you have a very nice build on your hands.  Have you thought about maybe upgrading your trigger?  A good trigger is worth it's weight in gold.
View Quote

Just looked it up and it seems they should be compatible, thankfully. In regards to a upgraded trigger, what did you have in mind? Any recommendations? I though that maybe getting Spikes upgraded kit that the trigger coming in the package would be somewhat decent. However, I hear where your coming from and am very intrigued.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#7]
i don't see six pack listed anywhere...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just looked it up and it seems they should be compatible, thankfully. In regards to a upgraded trigger, what did you have in mind? Any recommendations? I though that maybe getting Spikes upgraded kit that the trigger coming in the package would be somewhat decent. However, I hear where your coming from and am very intrigued.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on really what you want to use the rifle for will dictate what kind / style trigger you need. I'm personally a huge fan of Geissele triggers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Just what EVERY BUILDER (First timer or Old hat) needs.

Print one out and start filling it up, watch your dreams expand as your wallet shrinks!

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/miscellaneous/arclform.pdf

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top