Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 7:44:16 PM EDT
Im looking for an 80% lower with the safe fire markings already engraved.  Does anyone know who sells them this way? I thought I saw a post on here where someone was machining one that already had the markings.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe AR15BRICK.COM has them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
If Range Tool had them they aren't listed on their website now
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
WWW.FEDARM.COM has them currently in stock. I just looked at their web site. Price showing is $52. Damn, I am trying to order one myself. :)
EDIT: I just canceled Fedarm.
I ordered instead from ar15brick, Damn near same price and free shipping. Their pic doesn't show the "safe/fire" engraving, so we shall see what I get in the box from them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Look here, here, and here,some with safe and fire, others with bullet markings.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got an email from them that my lower has shipped today.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Range Tool had them they aren't listed on their website now
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

WWW.FEDARM.COM has them currently in stock. I just looked at their web site. Price showing is $52. Damn, I am trying to order one myself. :)

EDIT: I just canceled Fedarm.

I ordered instead from ar15brick, Damn near same price and free shipping. Their pic doesn't show the "safe/fire" engraving, so we shall see what I get in the box from them.
View Quote
I got an email answer back from Range Tool (ar15brick). Michael Peterson informed me that the 80% lowers are not engraved with any safe/fire markings and that they are Brass Aluminum forgings.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quentin Defense has them. You can get them raw or anodized. They have pictogram and safe/fire.

http://quentin-laser.com/store/index.php?cPath=27_74
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#8]
What I have done in the past is use a 1/8 endmill and then I lay the receiver in my milling machine without the one side of the jig and I just barely make indentations were safe and Fire is then i fill  the fire with red paint and the safe with white paint
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Just buy a letter stamp set at Harbor Freight …. and get a number stamp set at the same time.
S & F and make up a ser. number and stamp them in.

Just be sure and back where you’re stamping so you don’t just dent it
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Both the letter stamp and indentations/paint are great ideas.  Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quentin Defense has them. You can get them raw or anodized. They have pictogram and safe/fire.

View Quote
That's what I was looking for but in a standard mil spec lower.  Thanks for the post.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's what I was looking for but in a standard mil spec lower.  Thanks for the post.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can always check out VaderSpade at www.vadertactical.com

He will engrave just about anything.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#13]
just received 2 blem lowers from range tool. NO safe / fire marks. I wasn't expecting them, just figured I would add to the conversation.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I got an 80% anodized blem from Range Tool last week. I found a couple of dings, etc, but nothing to complain about. I did notice the takedown pin detent spring hole is threaded. That will come in handy on carbines. It will make it much easier to assemble the stock.
Quoted:
just received 2 blem lowers from range tool. NO safe / fire marks. I wasn't expecting them, just figured I would add to the conversation.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I found this  Safe/Fire/Auto from KT Ordnance

$250

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top