Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 5:34:38 PM EDT
I got my dad a 80% for fathers day and he is beside himself to get it built.   He likes PSA for the price point and good reviews but the upper he wants isn't in stock and we've been checking everyday, sometimes twice, for it to come in stock.    I'm sure it varies but when do they get stuff back in?  We're mainly impatient of course but just trying to figure out how long to wait.

FWIW I'm a PSA fan, only had good experiences.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link to upper?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
This

Or this kit

It's his first AR and he likes the free float handguard.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I know this  is not ee but I have one non blem brand new never fired paid $514.95  with receipt would sell it if you wanted
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know this  is not ee but I have one non blem brand new never fired paid $514.95  with receipt would sell it if you wanted
View Quote

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Not trying to squash your deal here, but it's hard to justify $500 for a PSA upper when you can get a complete BCM upper for roughly the same price while their sale is still running.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-light-weight-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw%20bfh.htm
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a comparable upper. He wants a freefloat handguard and that would drive up the price of the BCM another $175-200.

The PSA upper in question is a CHF FN made barrel. It will likely be every bit as good as that bare bones BCM.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not a comparable upper. He wants a freefloat handguard and that would drive up the price of the BCM another $175-200.

The PSA upper in question is a CHF FN made barrel. It will likely be every bit as good as that bare bones BCM.
View Quote

I can't tell what that PSA was selling for, but if it's $500 without a BCG, then some of the BCM uppers are pretty close in price since they're shipping with a BCG included at their normal prices.  Not knocking PSA.  I have plenty of their stuff myself, but BCM is hands down faster at shipping and I've not seen as many complaints about build quality with BCM as with PSA.  If you figure $500 for a PSA upper plus another $90-125 for a BCG & CH, then you're in the $600 range for a complete free float PSA upper when BCM has several for under $700.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-16-Mid-Length-Group-s/27.htm
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I can't tell what that PSA was selling for, but if it's $500 without a BCG, then some of the BCM uppers are pretty close in price since they're shipping with a BCG included at their normal prices.  Not knocking PSA.  I have plenty of their stuff myself, but BCM is hands down faster at shipping and I've not seen as many complaints about build quality with BCM as with PSA.  If you figure $500 for a PSA upper plus another $90-125 for a BCG & CH, then you're in the $600 range for a complete free float PSA upper when BCM has several for under $700.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The entire rifle kit less lower receiver was $519
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Ahh.  Couldn't see the price.  When I was looking at PSA stuff last they had their brand (not PTAC) for something like $370 non-free floated without BCG and CH.  Was more like $475-$500 when you added the CH and BCG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got my BCM 14.5 middy for 670 shipped with a DD 12" FF rail installed
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm liking the BCM stuff right now for the sale.  
By the time you buy a good bcg you won't spend much more.
If I had the money right now I'd buy a couple.
my $0.02.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top