Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 8:01:19 PM EDT
hey guys im thinking of building a M16A4 clone not exact but close so could some of you fellas give me a chart or list of acceptable parts and what all i need thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a good place to start.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/337931_.html

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Get this
Buy this
Get the A2 style of this (and its on sale)
Buy this and this.

If the ACOG is too expensive, buy this and change out the mount for this.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I super dig mine and did take a lil liberty with it with us having been in the sandbox for awhile now... but... I would go removable carry handle or the ACOG. A different optic on it, even if ok, to me kills the A4 clone look. My personal pref for lowers is Nodak Spud and for an A4 upper the PSA/FN CHF 20" upper is just the way to go. It's whats on mine. Replace the plastic with the Knights rail and be on your way. Be careful looking for stocks.. some of the cheapo A2 stocks are just that.. cheapo. Get a good one.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I super dig mine and did take a lil liberty with it with us having been in the sandbox for awhile now... but... I would go removable carry handle or the ACOG. A different optic on it, even if ok, to me kills the A4 clone look.

<snip>
View Quote

I've seen plenty of issued M16A4s with Aimpoints. My first OIF tour only one PLT in a sister company had ACOGs on their A4s. Everyone else had M68 CCOs on their A4s.

Nice A4 clone you have, BTW.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I super dig mine and did take a lil liberty with it with us having been in the sandbox for awhile now... but... I would go removable carry handle or the ACOG. A different optic on it, even if ok, to me kills the A4 clone look. My personal pref for lowers is Nodak Spud and for an A4 upper the PSA/FN CHF 20" upper is just the way to go. It's whats on mine. Replace the plastic with the Knights rail and be on your way. Be careful looking for stocks.. some of the cheapo A2 stocks are just that.. cheapo. Get a good one.  

http://seanrose.com/guns/images/a4018.jpg
View Quote

Is that VCAS sling or Specter Gear sling?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#6]
i know it donsent  have all the right parts i got it as close as i could with the parts in the program what do you guys think?

http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/?guid=479ACF4A-C439-4A13-A71D-A09A369646CD
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top