Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2014 7:50:14 PM EDT
I am in the middle of a build that will be a all the time suppressed 300blk so far I have a noveske billet lower a vltor billet upper a noveske as 10.2" barrel. I am really wanting this gun to run as quiet and as smooth as possible but still be reliable. Right now I'm mainly looking at the bolt carriers. Has anybody dealt with the fail zero Bcg? I have read mixed reviews on it. I do not like the Chromed bolts mainly bc he chrome will flake. I want something hard coated very slick with natural lubricity. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't tried failed zero but here is my opinion of damaged industries. They stated that the bcg is made by a company that makes it for DPMS. Just X-ray no MPI. While mine functions properly the staking is weak. They also use a straight pin instead of a cotter pin to hold the fire pin place. This falls out if it is tilted even slightly. Lastly the parts of the bolt and the pin were unfinished. The firing pin itself even appears to have some wierd coating on it. They offered an RMA when I noticed the staking, but I took their word tha is was good. Now I fired it, disassembled it and noticed the rest so they won't help me out at all.

You can definitely do better plus other companies have it for the same sales price. Don't make my mistake.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Fail Zero has the worst customer service I'v ever personally witnessed.  I'm not one to blow a company up but a buddy ordered a BCG from them during the "crisis" after NT.  Waited 3 months to get the thing, only to have it eating gas rings after 15 rounds or so.  Tried calling and emaiing over and over and over and finally emailed the person in sales that originally took the order and she acutally answered him.  He eventually got a call from the owner apologizng but that was after trying for another 3 months just to be acknowledged.  The finally replaced his BCG with a new one but he had his first new build for 6 moths and got to shoot it just enough to waste some gas rings.  Run.... fast.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
A hard chromed bolt and carrier are NOT going to flake off unless there is a major flaw in the manufacturerers production processes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This

MAHA
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top