Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 5:34:04 PM EDT
Hey guys I posed before when my rifle wasn't complete and now here it is. I like it for being my first build. Now I am anxious to build another upper haha.

Some pics. I know some are not the greatest quality.

AIM Surplus NIB BCG; RRA LPK;  ALGG QMS Trigger; UTG A2 Stock; Thinking about upgrading the grip. my bad wrist doesn't really like the A2 grip.

" />

Chamber is nice and clean about around 200 rounds. Forgive the lint lol

UTG PRO SLIM 13inch FFT covering a troy low pro gas block and a DS Arms Chrome lined 1-8 twist barrel; MBUS, paracord I slung on there with a TAPCO stubby grip which I use like a handstop

Gas block is a little crooked. Functions fine though so idc.

A pic before I had the bolt

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
UTG super slim is a great rail for the money.  nice choice!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! yes it is. It is super light and great quality. It is solid as a rock. I got it for 107 bucks I think with shipping.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:19:15 AM EDT
[#3]
looks good man. i might be biased
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks good man. i might be biased
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=65515
View Quote

NIce rifles man. I love the rail lol. It looks like you do to! I am already wanting a 20 inch rifle length.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
OK! Bare with me on this, please.
Thanks for the OP for posting this and the other comments made from others.

I don't have any of my AR's with rails like these.
I really do like the look and they look to be very slim, I like this.

There are a couple spare 20" barrels sitting in a box that need to be used.

This looks like something I would like to try to do.
A few questions.

Does the UTG PRO SLIM 13inch FFT come with every thing needed to install it?
Does it come with the gas block? OK! ( I missed the part about the troy gas block) Model or parts #?
Is the 13" best or maybe the 15"?
Are good clear Including instructions?
Are these easy to install?
Anyone else using them and like/dislike them?

Thanks for any help.

Ron
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A few questions.

Does it come with the gas block? OK! ( I missed the part about the troy gas block) Model or parts #?

Thanks for any help.

Ron
View Quote

What kind of spare 20"s do you have!? I have been longing to swap my 16 for a 20 rifle length lol.

Also back to your questions. Yes the UTG pro slim comes with everything needed even a wrench for the special barrel nut. It also comes with I think 3 pic rail sections you can attach. The one thing I found was the allen wrench and allen screws would stip if you took them on and off too much. It seemed one was not fitting correctly.

The 13" or the 15"....The 15" would give you a longer sight radius for your irons but it would add a tad bit more weight I also believe it is more expensive. W/E suits your needs really

The instructions are clear, I thought any ways, Just make sure u assemble your gas block  and gas tube before you but the rail on!!!  The troy block, all steel,  was from Primary arms.com.

I installed it at about 200am I just got home from doing something and was like YES the mail came and I installed it lol. It only took a little while. I messed it up once because of my tiredness and excitement...but it was an easy fix.

I would recommend it. I've lugged it around in the woods and thick brush and the finish seems to be holding up. I have only put around 200 rnds down range tho.

Hope this helps, any questions/concerns email, im or post on here id be glad to answer if I can.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What kind of spare 20"s do you have!? I have been longing to swap my 16 for a 20 rifle length lol.

Also back to your questions. Yes the UTG pro slim comes with everything needed even a wrench for the special barrel nut. It also comes with I think 3 pic rail sections you can attach. The one thing I found was the allen wrench and allen screws would stip if you took them on and off too much. It seemed one was not fitting correctly.

The 13" or the 15"....The 15" would give you a longer sight radius for your irons but it would add a tad bit more weight I also believe it is more expensive. W/E suits your needs really

The instructions are clear, I thought any ways, Just make sure u assemble your gas block  and gas tube before you but the rail on!!!  The troy block, all steel,  was from Primary arms.com.

I installed it at about 200am I just got home from doing something and was like YES the mail came and I installed it lol. It only took a little while. I messed it up once because of my tiredness and excitement...but it was an easy fix.

I would recommend it. I've lugged it around in the woods and thick brush and the finish seems to be holding up. I have only put around 200 rnds down range tho.

Hope this helps, any questions/concerns email, im or post on here id be glad to answer if I can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few questions.

Thanks for any help.

Ron

Great help.
I have a box of A2 20" barrels and a box of 16" barrels to mess around with.
I am thinking of doing this on a 20" and 16" just to see how I like them.

I did some more searching and found a thread with how to install them.
Not near as complicated as I thought they might be.

I have been doing the retro rifles and the A2's for a long time.

Now I need to branch out in this direction. I enjoy putting them together.

Thanks again
ron
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem glad I could help. If you ever wanna sell an A2 20" let me know! Maybe i could conjure up the cash lol. I hope your build goes well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
No problem glad I could help. If you ever wanna sell an A2 20" let me know! Maybe i could conjure up the cash lol. I hope your build goes well.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top