Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 8:28:08 PM EDT
I'm new at this, I've owned hand guns for a couple of years, but I want to build my own ar15. I've noticed that there are many companies that make parts for a AR15, am I able to put a spikes lower receiver with a Bushmanter upper receiver? My real question is are all of the different brand parts interchangeable with other barands?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
you shouldn't have a problem putting a bushmaster upper on a spikes lower. and generally yes most parts are interchangeable as long as they are mil-spec. Im pretty sure most of the newer bushmasters have commercial spec buffer tubes and stocks rather than the mil-spec tubes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea it's all for the most part interchangeable. Do tons of research. There are certain things that need to be matched up such as parts for rifle length ARs won't work on a carbine length AR. RESEARCH
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:50:59 AM EDT
[#3]
the short answer is yes.
the long answer is some other components may need to be changed, such as the buffer, if you start swapping uppers
with different barrel lengths and different gas systems (i.g. pistol length gas system, carbine length gas system, mid-length gas system, intermediate length gas system, rifle length gas system, etc...)
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
I got a parts list going here so hopefully everything should go well doing a lot of research. I've decided to go with a m&p 15 lower with cmmg parts and 2ST trigger with a magpul mil spec ctr Carbine stock, any recommendations on mil spec buffer or can I just pick any ar mil spec buffer.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Any "mil spec" buffer tube will do if you're not doing bayonet practice or butt stroking.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top