Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 11:43:52 AM EDT
Finished a build over the weekend.  Was too lazy to take it out for a proper shoot with the SLR so it was shot on my office floor with the iPhone.

Took me about 2 months to gather up all the parts.  All parts are brand new except the KNS pins that I had laying around.  The parts list includes shipping and tax.

It's been a busy schedule with work and family so not sure when I'll have time to take it out for zero'ing.  Maybe in the next couple weeks.  Overall, it was a fun build.  Didn't run into any major issues, just little minor ones.  Let me know what you think.  Enjoy.

Upper:
CMT UPUR-1 Billet upper $202
Daniel Defense 14.5" carbine lightweight barrel $240
SLR Rifleworks 13" Solo Lite $222
Spikes Dynacomp Extreme muzzle brake $80
BCM low pro gas block $53
BCM carbine gas tube $20
Parallax Tactical TiN Gen2 BCG $207
BCM Vltor medium charging handle $43
BCM forward assist $25
Ejection port  $16

Lower:
Rainier Ultramatch Billet Ambi lower $231
CMC match trigger 3.5# $161
Spikes Tatical LPK $53
MFT Minimalist stock $62 (still on the fence with this stock)
Magpul K2 grip $21
PWS butter tube $133.99
Spikes Tactical heavy buffer $36
Spikes buffer spring $25
Badass ambi safety selector $52
Raddlock BB $40
Pmag 10 rnd $9 (hideous looking)

optics:
Primary arms microdot red dot:  $106
Troy battlesight $150

Weight: 6.8 lbs

I had a very hard time installing the forward assist this time around.  The roll pin that came with the BCM forward assist could not squeeze into the hole for the life of me.  I butchered the roll pin and awaiting a new one.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking good, and I'm liking any build with the SLR Solo hgs...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I should've went with their 3 gun version.  I have no use for 3/4 of the top rail.  Could've saved me several ounces.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, you may want to put a TRL-1 up top someday.  You never know...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Wasn't planning to run a light with this setup.  If I did, it'd be at 9 or 3 o'clock up front.  I built this rifle with the intention of heading out to the desert (If I can find time) and go ham on some paper targets.  I have 1k round ready for the trip.  Just gotta get the boys together and go.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top