Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 4:13:01 PM EDT
I'm gearing up to do my first AR-15 build as I have a sweet new job coming up that should be lining my pockets with some extra money here in the next month or so.

Gunstruction of what I have so far

Here's what I'm pretty well set on, barring anything I've overlooked:

VLTOR monolithic upper (10"), matching VLTOR lower.
Magpul CTR Adjustable Stock.
Troy Folding BUIS (front and rear M4 style)
Magpul Miad Grip
PMAG

Things I'm less certain on and open to advice on:

Rainier Arms Raptor Charging Handle. I dig the aggressive look and it looks like one of the grippier charging handles out there, which I like. Unless it's a piece of crap that falls apart, I'm pretty strongly for this one.
Daniel Defense 16" Lightweight, Mid Gas Barrell. I've heard good things about DD's barrels and I like the lower weight and smaller profile. It is a bit pricey and I'm not super set on it if anyone has better advice. I haven't done a ton of looking at barrels as there are a lot of em and they get pretty pricey so I don't want to get the wrong one. Definitely something 16" and mid gas is where I want to go with the barrel though

Things I've yet to figure out at all (Pretty much everything else, but basically):

Upper/ Lower Parts Kits
Buffer Tube/Buffer
Muzzle Device (Flash Hider vs Muzzle Break vs Comp?)
Trigger Group
Gas Block
BCG. This one seems super important but I have no idea what to go with. I do plan on getting it done in Micro-Slick when I get the rest of the rifle Cerakoted.

At the end of the day I'd like to stay as close to $2000 as possible as I'll also be doing a fairly expensive, extensive Cerakote job on the rifle, but I'm happy to shell out a little extra for some quality. I don't have the space for multiple rifles ATM so I just want one awesome firearm.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top