Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:06:45 PM EDT
I swapped a brand new non-chainsaw MUR onto my Noveske build.  I had an excellent condition Noveske Raptor charging handle on my old build.  I dropped it into the new MUR (the superior upper) and it wouldn't fit at all.  I had to literally lube force it in place and rack in about 30 times to grind off the proper clearance.  Anyone ever have a similar issue?

I was surprised that it didn't fit that well in the new MUR.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Murs tolerances are very strict. Even a vltor charging handle was a little tight in mine. But so was my reaction rod.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Have regular raptor in my noveske mur. No problems.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I expected tight tolerances.....the N4 was pretty tight, but I've literally shaved 2 metal streaks into the brand new Noveske Raptor CH, which wasn't a "cheap" option.  I upgraded because I thought it would add to the "Noveske" theme of the rifle.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to "work" mine in also.

I thought , fuck, I paid a lot for

all this and it doesn't want to

play well together!  
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My regular Mur I bought a couple of months ago had the same issue. If you hold it to a light just right, you'll notice how the end of the channel has some rough spots where they can't machine it with an endmill or something. Micheal at Rog Tactical was great in helping me out and took it back no problem. Probably could just file it a smidge if you don't care about losing some sanitizing in the process.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I measured mine with a dial caliper, the Raptor is larger in width

than the standard charge handle, Much beefier handle
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a similar experience with a standard mur and raptor.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Same experience with a non-chainsaw MUR and a regular (not Noveske marked) Raptor.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
They (Noveske) are offering to take it back and look both the upper over and the charging handle. They are a stand up company for offering, I'm just debating on whether or not I want to tear down my rifle again and ship the parts back lol...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#10]
No issues on mine, it was tight but not that bad.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Since it freed up, I don't see any reason to send it back.  I'm just going to run mine.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I expected tight tolerances.....the N4 was pretty tight, but I've literally shaved 2 metal streaks into the brand new Noveske Raptor CH, which wasn't a "cheap" option.  I upgraded because I thought it would add to the "Noveske" theme of the rifle.
View Quote

Its going to get those streaks eventually.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
My exact thoughts.

That is why I don't know if if want to tear it down just to have an "in spec" on returned, just to get wear again.

This isn't a safe queen
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting.....seems like a fine line between strict tolerance and out of spec.....just sayin'
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top