Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 5:21:35 AM EDT
HELP!  I managed to score a non-chainsaw Gen 2 lower and am buying all the parts for the newest addition to the collection while I am deployed (80 more days!) and am running into a small issue.  I want to use an NSR rail and am trying to find out what upper receivers are compatible with it - I have seen that some have issues due to the anti-rotation pin on the NSR?  I have been looking at the Noveske and VLTOR MURs, and am wondering if the VLTOR is compatible with the NSR, or what other uppers the NSR will work with so I can get all the parts ordered and waiting on my workbench for when I get home.

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure the NSR will work with any upper. The anti rotation pin that Noveske uses on their factory rifles is nice but not necessary. I have NSR rails on a few different uppers regular mil-spec, Vltor and a larue stealth.  I never had any problems.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude...you RULE!  Thanks for the info...now I don't have to sweat the build so much...and I can focus on FINDING a 13.5 or 15" NSR

Its always nice to find a site that has helpful folks...never would have had the success with reloading and building my wet tumbler if I hadn't found this place...and now I can add my first scratch AR build to the list with help from here...

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an nsr on my sun devil upper. I don't have the pin installed and have 0 issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Have one on an Aero Precision upper with no pin and 0 issues.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top