Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 10:02:41 PM EDT
My upper build will be an Adam Arms clamp on style piston gas block. Is it possible for a gunsmith to pin a clamp on gas block once installed? All my other gas blocks (including a factory AA upper) have pinned blocks, and I'd prefer this to be pinned as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure. Adco will do it for you.

Gas Block Pinning
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure. Adco will do it for you.

Gas Block Pinning
View Quote

Thank you for that info, but I'm not sure it would work on an AA clamshell type block? Their pictures shows a set screw block type, but mine is the "bolt on" clamshell type (2 pinch bolts at the bottom).
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
If you know you're going to pin it, you should use a set-screw style gas block.  Install, test, then send it off to be pinned.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#4]
No you don't want to pin a clamp on type gas block, get the correct set screw type. I know Rainier sells a DIY kit with the gas block, set screw, pins, drill bit, etc. I would recommend that as long as you have a little skill and access to a drill press and a good clamp fixture to hold the barrel securely.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys! It's an Adams railed clamp on (they don't offer their "pin on" railed for DIY), so I guess it will just stay clamp on. Thanks for the info!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top