Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wait, you are mad at a 2nd party for the manufacturer's defect?

Joe Bob's simply looks in the box and says, "yep, Noveske lower #----," and ships it.

In no way is it their problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spoke with Chris today, they said they will be taking care of the customers so that they are happy.
Sending in my two today. I'm pretty happy with how they have handled it so far. Mistakes do happen.

I'm certainly jealous. I was told that my lower was "not right." I sent it back on my dime. I got a call saying my lower was "in spec."

Pretty shocked.

They offered me store credit which I used for a set of Troys for my last Noveske build on the bench. But no exchange for the ugly Joe Bob Lower.

Also, some small amount of blame rests with Joe Bob for shipping those things. Does nobody look at the stock they take delivery of?

Joe Bob's simply looks in the box and says, "yep, Noveske lower #----," and ships it.

Respectfully, I disagree. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a $100 steak and they served you bad meat, would you accept the answer "well our supplier said it was fine" and hold them blameless?

If you are part of the chain of custody, and you are making a margin on the transaction, you are responsible.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I spoke with Chris today, they said they will be taking care of the customers so that they are happy.
Sending in my two today. I'm pretty happy with how they have handled it so far. Mistakes do happen.

I'm certainly jealous. I was told that my lower was "not right." I sent it back on my dime. I got a call saying my lower was "in spec."

Pretty shocked.

They offered me store credit which I used for a set of Troys for my last Noveske build on the bench. But no exchange for the ugly Joe Bob Lower.

Also, some small amount of blame rests with Joe Bob for shipping those things. Does nobody look at the stock they take delivery of?

Good distributors have the responsibility of inspecting what they receive and rejecting what is flawed.  They never should have left Noveske in that condition and Joe Bob's never should have accepted the order.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Respectfully, I disagree. If you went to a restaurant and ordered a $100 steak and they served you bad meat, would you accept the answer "well our supplier said it was fine" and hold them blameless?

If you are part of the chain of custody, and you are making a margin on the transaction, you are responsible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty shocked.

You went to this "restaurant" (FFL) and accepted your "Steak" (Noveske lower)

Were exactly does your responsibility fall?

To the other poster above me........

The package states it is a Noveske lower and if the ID number on the lower and invoice match, the second party distributor has done their job.

It is not their responsibility to do another QC check.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The package states it is a Noveske lower and if the ID number on the lower and invoice match, the second party distributor has done their job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty shocked.

Those companies will not stay in business for very long if they sell flawed items and accept zero responsibility.  I took them from my FFL and I chose not to involve Joe Bob's because they would simply offer a refund.  I wanted Noveske lowers so I contacted Noveske feeling confident that they would resolve the issue and they are.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Those companies will not stay in business for very long if they sell flawed items and accept zero responsibility.  I took them from my FFL and I chose not to involve Joe Bob's because they would simply offer a refund.  I wanted Noveske lowers so I contacted Noveske feeling confident that they would resolve the issue and they are.

View Quote
My sentiments exactly.

Though I received no joy on an even exchange with Noveske, I understand the rationale.

FWIW: Tier One has always offered to visually inspect products that I have ordered before sending them to me. The proprietor says he always makes a point of doing so when he can to assure his customers of the best quality/value. That's a stand up guy if I've ever done business with one.

I purchased both my Noveske uppers from TOA and cannot recommend them highly enough. I got burned by going to big warehouse, bottom dollar seller and by panic buying. Both are my fault. Lesson learned with a transfer fee and shipping costs.

Tier One will be my sole source distributor of tier one items from now on.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pretty shocked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty shocked.

Are Troy and Noveske racing to see who can piss off the most customers?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty shocked.

You damn right it's their responsibility to check out their products!

This entire shit storm could have been avoided had these retailers LOOKED at the lowers and contacted Noveske saying, "Uh...we're going to have issues if we sell some of these as non-chainsaws."  Bottom line...

They are the last stop before the customer in the distribution chain and THEY have the obligation to make sure that the purchasing customer gets what they ordered...a perfect lower.

It's not like any of us got to SEE what we bought before it was shipped to us...

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty shocked.

EDIT:

Just got an email from Chris at Noveske.

My case was an exception as I was the first to bring the issue to their attention, but at the time, there were no lowers to be had to make an even exchange as such, and a simple, and excusable, miscommunication did not make that clear to me at the time. Bad luck for me, but not a huge deal I'd say.

I don't have a vested $ interest one way or another, but having worked in a QA/CS capacity before, I know the frustration of having your hands tied -- knowing how to fix something and not being able to do so or not being allowed to do it in the most satisfactory way for whatever reason.

I just want to make clear that Chris @ Noveske is a stand up guy, who has always been courteous to me and a real straight shooter. There is unfortunately very little that he can do about exchanges/fixes on out of production products now.

It just sucks because the Gen 2 was an amazingly good product line, with the only real fault being that it couldn't accept the Surefire Hi-Cap mags, which as I understand are not worth the squeeze anyway.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

I'd give JoeBob a pass if these lowers came in packed in sealed packages.  

No, they are not.  When I picked mine up, I specifically asked my FFL if there's a Noveske box, he told me that's it, a bubble wrap and generic brown box with a packing list.  that means Noveske shipped them in bulk packaging and JoeBob's people have had all the chances to check them.

I don't know what business you are in, my company sells NIJ Level 3 ballistic panels made by other companies.  our receiving dock inspect every set of them, they are rejected if we found 1 scratch throu the coating.  it's the liability of running a business.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
To the guys with the color issues... I soaked my lower in CLP for a couple hours then wiped it off and it was much darker almost a correct color black just a shade lighter, but its far better now. Worth a shot instead of just sitting there bitching and complaining about it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
So since the guys are turning in their lowers back to Noveske/swapping out, where can I hop on the ones they don't want?!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
That is a very good question. I understand their frustration and anger for what they paid full price expecting a premium product. Mark me down for a couple of the unmarked chainsaws.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be honest, I wish I would've never bought these. It was my first noveske purchase. It's left such a sour taste in my mouth to the point that I'm not really sure I even want to build them. I'm pissed that Noveske sent these out as non chainsaws, pissed that joebob's sold them, pissed that I didn't look closer before paying all the transfer fees and I'm pissed about paying twice to ship these out to noveske because they didn't do shit about it the first time. It's a fucking mess. If it were a minor blemishes, I'd be ok with it. But it's like some new guy went to town with a dremmel and some vodka. Completely  unacceptable for $250. Chris @ noveske seems like he's gonna try and seems like he cares and gets an A for effort but I'm not sure what he can do about all this. Nice guy so far. Someone had to know that these would fly off the shelf not being marked as chainsaws and this being one of the last opportunities to have a GEN 2. That's what's really fucked up.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll be honest, I wish I would've never bought these. It was my first noveske purchase. It's left such a sour taste in my mouth to the point that I'm not really sure I even want to build them. I'm pissed that Noveske sent these out as non chainsaws, pissed that joebob's sold them, pissed that I didn't look closer before paying all the transfer fees and I'm pissed about paying twice to ship these out to noveske because they didn't do shit about it the first time. It's a fucking mess. If it were a minor blemishes, I'd be ok with it. But it's like some new guy went to town with a dremmel and some vodka. Completely  unacceptable for $250. Chris @ noveske seems like he's gonna try and seems like he cares and gets an A for effort but I'm not sure what he can do about all this. Nice guy so far. Someone had to know that these would fly off the shelf not being marked as chainsaws and this being one of the last opportunities to have a GEN 2. That's what's really fucked up.

View Quote

Right there with you.....I've literally been waiting years to be able to buy a Noveske.  It was more or less my grail gun and I could finally afford to do so and I get a complete rifle with a lower thats been buggered by overgrinding.  People are telling me that ALL forged lowers have these marks, but my eyes tell me differently.  I've got a half dozen 6920 lowers in various calibers and configurations,  two LMT rifles, and two RRA lowers Im building up and none show any sign of poor machining.  

Chris told me to send the rifle back and he will take care of me..but to be honest Im really feeling like a stupid asshole for drinking the Noveske Kool-Aid and buying it now..than there is the fact that when all of this is done and over with I will be out $40.00 for the initial transfer of the rifle, $20-$30 for sending it back to Noveske, than another $20-$40.00 for the transfer fee of the new rifle/lower.  

I'll give credit where its due and Chris was very prompt and courteous in his response to me, but seriously...none of this should have happened to begin with.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Is this the end for noveske? Gun owners are fickle as hell. Almost a decade of impeccable service and craftsmanship and one mishap sinks the ship. Glad I'm not a manufacturer in this industry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is this the end for noveske? Gun owners are fickle as hell. Almost a decade of impeccable service and craftsmanship and one mishap sinks the ship. Glad I'm not a manufacturer in this industry.
View Quote

I think they will bounce back just fine, most of us out there will not forget about the decade of incredible rifles they made, but unfortunately this couldn't have come at a worse time. If John was still alive people wouldnt have been looking so hard for a reason to accuse them of changing, but with new leadership the customers remained weary of anything and everything. If they are to survive as a company though it would behoove them to really hammer down on the principles that built them to where they are.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I say we all relax and give them a little time to right the ship. With a change of leadership, new tooling for their gen 3 billet series being implemented etc it must be pretty hectic in the Noveske house. This was a big blunder on their part for sure, but we can't overlook all the good stuff they've done.

If John were still alive this problem with the lowers most likely never would've happened. On the different side of the coin, I bet he's looking down in shame at how many of his customer base are turning their backs on his company over this.

Lets just give them a little time and see how the gen 3 stuff rolls out. In the mean time, I will enjoy my gen 2 Noveskes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#18]
At least the ugly edges and miss matched colors dont shred skin off the top of your knuckles and cause blood blisters after every round,

Cause If they did, then they would be competeing with my daniel defense made roach clips, and thats a no no!

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w613/Pl4ztek/PaperArtist_2014-04-18_01-25-20_zpssglk9pf_edit_1397802433212_zpshfrz0toe.jpeg

I dont know about you fellas but this $1300 gap is as sexy as a gap in a hookers mouth.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
At least the ugly edges and miss matched colors dont shred skin off the top of your knuckles and cause blood blisters after every round,

Cause If they did, then they would be competeing with my daniel defense made roach clips, and thats a no no!

<a href="http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Pl4ztek/media/PaperArtist_2014-04-18_01-25-20_zpssglk9pf_edit_1397802433212_zpshfrz0toe.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w613/Pl4ztek/PaperArtist_2014-04-18_01-25-20_zpssglk9pf_edit_1397802433212_zpshfrz0toe.jpeg</a>

I dont know about you fellas but this $1300 gap is as sexy as a gap in a hookers mouth.

Time for gloves

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Pl4ztek/media/PaperArtist_2014-04-18_01-25-20_zpssglk9pf_edit_1397802433212_zpshfrz0toe.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w613/Pl4ztek/PaperArtist_2014-04-18_01-25-20_zpssglk9pf_edit_1397802433212_zpshfrz0toe.jpeg</a>

did it have that with the standard A2 grip? Could also be the screw used to put your grip on. A lot of those are misthreaded.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#21]
than there is the fact that when all of this is done and over with I will be out $40.00 for the initial transfer of the rifle, $20-$30 for sending it back to Noveske, than another $20-$40.00 for the transfer fee of the new rifle/lower.
View Quote

no, you don't pay another FFL transfer because the rifle and lower being replaced/repaired by the manufacture are shipped to you directly, no FFL required.  that's why you have to have the rifle/lower sent back to them first, they have to have the physical possession of the firearms.

if they send you the replacement first then you send the defected ones back later, that you will need go throu FFL all over again.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#22]
This is not where I parked my car
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

did it have that with the standard A2 grip? Could also be the screw used to put your grip on. A lot of those are misthreaded.

So in other words, if you dont want a gap, use the a2 grip..

I've tried different grips, Magpul, Umbrella Corp, bcm,  houge. With the screws they came with, the one ddm4 came with and extra hex heads i had laying around All the same. . Found a thread where people are dremmeling out the screw holes in the grips. Nice to know I need to modify my modify to modify my modify

Do dpms and psa lovers deal with these problems? Or only us lucky few that spend a few extra
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

no, you don't pay another FFL transfer because the rifle and lower being replaced/repaired by the manufacture are shipped to you directly, no FFL required.  that's why you have to have the rifle/lower sent back to them first, they have to have the physical possession of the firearms.

if they send you the replacement first then you send the defected ones back later, that you will need go throu FFL all over again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
than there is the fact that when all of this is done and over with I will be out $40.00 for the initial transfer of the rifle, $20-$30 for sending it back to Noveske, than another $20-$40.00 for the transfer fee of the new rifle/lower.

how does it work if the lower being returned to me is one with a different serial number than the one originally sent in?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#25]
IF you're unhappy about it though just call Daniel defense. April that works the main customer service desk over there is great and can help get you squared away. Daniel defense will not hesitate to fix just about anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

how does it work if the lower being returned to me is one with a different serial number than the one originally sent in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New serial number will need a new check unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Definitely not "the end" for these guys. Just a HUGE bump in the road.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
"Chris @ noveske seems like he's gonna try and seems like he cares and gets an A for effort" <-- this.

He didn't set the price, forge the lower, fuck it up, build it up, package it, ship it out, sell it to a distributor, sell it to you or hire any of the people who did (likely). Hell, he probably didn't even touch it once. But he's the one sitting at a bench in-front of a heaping helping of other people's sh*t.

"Someone had to know that these would fly off the shelf not being
marked as chainsaws and this being one of the last opportunities to have
a GEN 2. That's what's really fucked up.
" <-- this.

Someone, and probably not just one person, deserves a drubbing over this situation.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:51:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tim @ Noveske told me my replacements would be shipped to my home address.  I also received a shipping label on request so the return didn't cost me anything.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
I grant you that gun buyers, especially ones with $$$$$, are extremely fickle and finicky.

http://shopnoveske.com/collections/rifles/products/noveske-recon-switchblock-rifle

But if they need to charge $2930.00 for their party piece rifle, Noveske needs to be prepared to play serious defense when it comes to market perceptions of product quality/value.

http://shopnoveske.com/collections/rifles/products/noveske-recce-basic-rifle

$1730 only buys you a rifle that looks to the "average" consumer like any .mil carbine. And that gets difficult to justify to someone who isn't buying with a mil/leo/gov discount.

Noveske will be just fine. I own 3. That's gotta cover at least one semester of books for his kids' college funds.

It's just much easier for down market (not meaning at all to imply low quality) manufacturers. Bushmaster is doing just fine and they're implicated by name in the national news every time there seems to be a "mass shooting" involving an "assault weapon." Plus, they don't even have the good sense to sell a rifle with a front iron sight! What are they, insane? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69657

But Bushy keeps their product cheap. And if you want an AR and a red dot for under $700, well they've got you covered. And it's easier to capture a market that doesn't have a lot of other choices. But when you're dropping $3,000 on a rifle (including the BUIS/Aimpoint/EOTECH), you are allowed to get particular and entitled to shop around.

Remember when the ARFCOM universe revolved around Mark LaRue's rifles. Did the rifles change? Nope. They're still outstanding. Fashion changes. Different people get different endorsements. Folks come and go at Magpul Dynamics. Chambers, calibers, twist rates, finishes, lubes, gas lengths, rail systems, metallurgy, blah, blah, blah. It all changes. The one constant is that we all keep shooting AR's. And as long as Noveske keeps making them well, and people still have money to spend, they'll do fine.

Not everybody gets their news from ARFCOM...

Though it wouldn't kill Noveske to make a factory milled Krinkov SBR/pistol. I mean, they've got the KX5's melonited. Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's only if it's the same serial number on the new gun. If they give him a new lower it will have to be transferred.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's only if it's the same serial number on the new gun. If they give him a new lower it will have to be transferred.
View Quote

nope.  I got my replacement lower shipped directly to my house from Noveske.

I don't think it's legal to make 2 different firearms with the same serial #, no way.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't think it's legal to make 2 different firearms with the same serial #, no way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They destroy the original & put the serial on a new one.
Perfectly legal for a manufacturer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are they doing this if there are no more Gen 2's...............
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just received my replacement on wed, 4/15/2014.  the serial # between I sent in and received are different, I'm really really 110% about that.  it shows on my invoice from Noveske too.  I'm looking at it right now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I just received my replacement on wed, 4/15/2014.  the serial # between I sent in and received are different, I'm really really 110% about that.  it shows on my invoice from Noveske too.  I'm looking at it right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe that's legal for manufacturers too.?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#37]
was that legal?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe the laws are different between pistols and rifles, I know sending them to FFL's it's different. Pistols you have to ship overnight etc.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#39]
They can send a different serial number but it has to be the same model.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well, I picked up my complete afghan at the LGS the other day...I did look it over in the shop pretty good and didn't notice anything glaring at me so took it home...

Of course, after spending more time with it under better lighting I started to notice things.  Looking for feedback on the photos below..Basically to me it looks like whomever did the final machining lacked attention to detail and may have gotten a little overzealous with the grinder.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/b8b784c4-0b21-468d-a8cd-d8f779110160.jpg?t=1397724265

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/9275ee30-3779-4faf-96a4-a8debc4c8b04.jpg?t=1397724357

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/91a3e6ab-ba31-44d1-b2f8-8cd591c5a7a1.jpg?t=1397724207

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/0701fb87-a409-4e1a-b1a6-b01c210e4abd.jpg?t=1397724132

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so are these issues restricted to just lowers or do complete rifles have issues also??

I ordered an afghan last week which is set to arrive on tuesday and Ill be pretty pissed if it looks like some of those...(not opposed to dings, I just want to be the person that puts them there)

Not sure about the complete guns. So far we have only heard of stripped lowers.

Well, I picked up my complete afghan at the LGS the other day...I did look it over in the shop pretty good and didn't notice anything glaring at me so took it home...

Of course, after spending more time with it under better lighting I started to notice things.  Looking for feedback on the photos below..Basically to me it looks like whomever did the final machining lacked attention to detail and may have gotten a little overzealous with the grinder.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/b8b784c4-0b21-468d-a8cd-d8f779110160.jpg?t=1397724265

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/9275ee30-3779-4faf-96a4-a8debc4c8b04.jpg?t=1397724357

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/91a3e6ab-ba31-44d1-b2f8-8cd591c5a7a1.jpg?t=1397724207

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/glocke12/0701fb87-a409-4e1a-b1a6-b01c210e4abd.jpg?t=1397724132

All three of mine were like this, amongst being anodized and cerakoted. After seeing all these complaints, I sent and email to Eden and Chris contacted me. As soon as I pick up the third lower from my LGS, I'll register it and send it off
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:26:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how does  the replacement look?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 3:26:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:11:12 AM EDT
[#43]
You guys have legitimate gripes with these. Obviously we wouldn't be on Page 14 had they been stamped with the chainsaw. Probably not intentional though because they only make an extra $40 or so for the non-chainsaw first runs. Just sloppy. And no one likes paying for sloppy work.

From my perspective as a consumer (a consumer of three of John's rifles, none AD), it seems the direction, style and production has jumped 180 degrees after January 2013. And how could it not be? It's completely understandable in my book.

That said, I remember reading just days/weeks after John's passing that they were 'prepared' for an unexpected event and were 'ready' to continue to take the business in the same direction it had been going - in the direction he wanted.

Something tells me they weren't.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I just want to say, Noveske is truly a great company with amazing customer service.  I received a call from them today with a resolution to my issue and I am astounded to say the least,  they have a life long customer in me. I don't want to speak of the details yet until I have their blessing and everything is wrapped up. I would like to thank Stickman for his time and lending his name to help us out and a thank you to Noveske for going far above what I expected.  I hope everyone else with issues is taken care of also.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone had issues with the Noveske lowers from Tier One Arms? Didnt know if the lowers were in the same shape as JoeBobs. I grabbed a Noveske MUR from Rainier Arms and want a Gen 2 but not if they look like the other ones.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Has anyone had issues with the Noveske lowers from Tier One Arms? Didnt know if the lowers were in the same shape as JoeBobs. I grabbed a Noveske MUR from Rainier Arms and want a Gen 2 but not if they look like the other ones.
View Quote

I cant answer your question, but I was in a LGS yesterday and they had two afghans in stock...with with a keymod rail and one with a quad rail.  Both lowers on these had obvious imperfections range from grind marks on the bottom of the mag well and what looked like voids or pock marks under the finish.

On another note, my case is getting resolved now (Im the guy that bought the complete Afghan that looked like ass)...Basically getting a complete gen III rifle it looks like.   They are replacing the gen2 lower with a gen 3 and I  paid extra to just have them "upgrade" me to the gen 3 billet upper.   Keeping the same afghan quad rail i guess.

Not really sure how feel about the whole thing to be honest.....
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I cant answer your question, but I was in a LGS yesterday and they had two afghans in stock...with with a keymod rail and one with a quad rail.  Both lowers on these had obvious imperfections range from grind marks on the bottom of the mag well and what looked like voids or pock marks under the finish.

On another note, my case is getting resolved now (Im the guy that bought the complete Afghan that looked like ass)...Basically getting a complete gen III rifle it looks like.   They are replacing the gen2 lower with a gen 3 and I  paid extra to just have them "upgrade" me to the gen 3 billet upper.   Keeping the same afghan quad rail i guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be happy, you're coming up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes He should be happy but... He bought a Gen 2 because he wanted a gen 2 not a gen 3. Now If he wants a gen 2 he is going to have to pay big bucks or not at all be able to have a NEW gen 2. the window a getting gen 2's are closing fast.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes He should be happy but... He bought a Gen 2 because he wanted a gen 2 not a gen 3. Now If he wants a gen 2 he is going to have to pay big bucks or not at all be able to have a NEW gen 2. the window a getting gen 2's are closing fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah pretty much....by asking for the gen3 upper i was more or less thinking resale of a matched billet set will be easier than a forged/billet set. I'll have to see how I feel about the rifle when i get.  TBH the whole experience has really, really left a sour taste in my mouth and kind of chump like..

Ironic thing is a LGS has a couple of afghans in stock...receivers are not as flawless as older Noveskes I've seen but were much better than what I had and i could have probably lived with one of them.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're replacing my lowers with Gen 3's as well.  I really wanted a "Grade A" pair of Gen 2's but I guess I'm okay with the Gen 3's.  They didn't charge me extra, it was an even exchange.  They'll be here today so I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Page / 10
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top