Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2013 4:03:47 AM EDT
I’m looking for feedback from users of the Battlelink Minimalist Stock.

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Rifle-Stocks/BATTLELINK-Utility-Stock_5

What do you like and dislike about this stock?

Does the open “hook” end cause any problems?

If you purchased a new lightweight stock would you choose this one again or something different, and if different, what would you choose?

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one and I like it. It replaced an Ace Socom stock. I had already purchased another of MFT's stocks before and liked it. I have not had a chance to use this stock with gear on but it has not hung up on the sling or anything. Fit and firing with it works well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread in general discussion about this. The reviews are good for it and the price is downright great. I'm thinking of getting one after seeing one on my buddies build however I do love my Ace stock.

if you don't link the open hook you can do this:

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]
been looking at these for a while..thinking i'm gonna give it a try, but does anyone know who has the best price? tried the google thing, but alot of places just show outta stock
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't looked for prices yet - just what is on the Battlelink site.

I'm going to try it - figure I really can't lose for the price.

I Like the paracord trick - if I find I have any problems with the hook - but I doubt it since mine will just be a plinking rifle.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The one thing i will say, again only having handled one briefly, is that the reviewer was spot on (in the review i read, it may have been recoil but my brain is numb today) when he talked about the fact that this stock locks up well and has no rattle. My buddy replaced a moe buttstock on his bushy with one of these and like i said before it seemed like a good solid stock for the price. Let me know what you think so when you get yours.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Does this stock fit a mil-spec buffer tube?

The website states, "BMS for commercial size 1.170 diameter receiver extensions ".

I had thought it would have fit mil-spec tubes, but now I'm not sure! Definitely want to know before I purchase!

Anyone?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes they have them for mil-spec, second one listed on page

bmsmil
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeez!  Sorry about that! I don't know how I completely missed it!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I was looking at this stock yesterday and like it a lot because it is so different. My interest in it was purely weight related and I know that it isn't the lightest option. I weighed a fiberlite I have and it weighed at 4.6 ounces.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
been looking at these for a while..thinking i'm gonna give it a try, but does anyone know who has the best price? tried the google thing, but alot of places just show outta stock
View Quote

Sometimes they give 20% promo codes on their facebook page. They might give a promo code when they hit 75000 likes.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Interesting stock (and line), was surprised to see the Fobus/First Samco connection (Google phone number). Not that there's anything wrong there, I have several Fobus holsters that work for the occasions I use em (most often I roll with custom leather). Glad to see the expanded product range.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There was a thread in general discussion about this. The reviews are good for it and the price is downright great. I'm thinking of getting one after seeing one on my buddies build however I do love my Ace stock.

if you don't link the open hook you can do this:

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/MFT-BATTLELINK-Minimalist-paracor-mod.jpg
View Quote
Damn that's cool!

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Ive been running a preorder bmsmil with nsr & bcm Lw 14.5 since late Sept. Doesn't get caught up on my old school vest with mag pouches. Don't know how it will be with full kit, but for a rec shooter like myself its very ergonomic, fast and easy to shoulder, seems to be good quality polymer, snug fit on RET no rattle. As light as advertised. I would highly recommend if you're going for a light build.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top