Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 2:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

damn near impossible to find for decent pricing by itself. for my rifle i had to end up paying like $35 for it at brownells. talk about frustrating. thats a $0.50 part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anybody seen a good deal on a .625 lo pro gas block?

damn near impossible to find for decent pricing by itself. for my rifle i had to end up paying like $35 for it at brownells. talk about frustrating. thats a $0.50 part.

You are clearly not a machinist.

50 cents would barely pay for the electricity to operate the machinery during the time it would take to make that part.  The machine needs to pay itself off too, and the machinist needs to get paid.  The coating company wants money, and so does the manufacturing company as well as the dealer.

13'er gonna 13.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:40:48 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.basspro.com/BLACKHAWK!-The-Can-Metal-Ammo-Box/product/120829053510554/?cm_sp=CybrWebBtsNov2013_EMAIL&om_rid=NtAFCR&om_mid=_BSnyvdB821OhPD   AMMO CANS, USGI COPY, 9.99 EACH LIMIT 5  , FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE      CYBER13
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought 3 medium, and 3 large as a future investment towards builds. I love these handles and it does make a world of difference over stock...
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://www.basspro.com/BLACKHAWK!-The-Can-Metal-Ammo-Box/product/120829053510554/?cm_sp=CybrWebBtsNov2013_EMAIL&om_rid=NtAFCR&om_mid=_BSnyvdB821OhPD   AMMO CANS, USGI COPY, 9.99 EACH LIMIT 5  , FREE SHIPPING WITH CODE      CYBER13
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up but this is OOS
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow those did not last long.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#6]
PSA has a 20" premium upper (FN barrel) for $499 WITH BCG and charging handle

PSA 20" Premium Upper w/ BCG

Paying it forward, and back for those who helped me spend too much in the last week ;)

Link Posted: 12/4/2013 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my rail and optics from the deals that were posted here.  Thanks guys.

http://i.minus.com/iRq3WCVrHGcVR.jpg
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup gander mountain price match this also! On the bass pro ammo can deal stated above
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yup gander mountain price match this also! On the bass pro ammo can deal stated above
View Quote

How do you do that?  Do you have to call them or is there a coupon code for price match?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

I order one of the handguards and received a tracking number the same day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buddy of mine is looking for a barrel . Its going to be a truck gun so under $120 closer to $100 would be better . He missed out on the ar15.com sale soooo.

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

What does this barrel description mean?  (No Coating)     Nitride/Melonite?
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Man, that is a tacticool rail!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

I sent them an email last night about the two barrels they have for $89, the Mossberg heavy profile and the SOCOM one and below is the response, I emailed him back asking him to verify the info since the specs he gave differed from the title of both barrels:

All ATI barrels are 16” Chrome Moly steel.  They are coated in a melonite finish inside and out (preventing the need for chrome lining)
Barrels are 1x7 twist (always)
Standard 1/2x28 thread
Carbine length gas
M4 feed ramps on all

his applies to both barrels.  The only difference is the outer profile of the barrel.

Let me know if you need more info!
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Man, that is a tacticool rail!
View Quote

Yeah, not quite.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#14]
The boxes are starting to arrive.  
Spikes Tactical upper with a AR Stoner 300 BLK lightweight barrel from the EE.  
Head Down Provectus 9" Rail
Primary Arms MD-SP Red Dot
Bravo Company Mod 3 Charging Handle

Geissele SSA-E showed up as well, but that's for another build.  Now I can swap between uppers from 5.56 to 300BLK with basically the same optic as well.  Enough parts for another complete 300BLK rifle are on the way as well.  Thanks for the great links, guys!

Kent

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-M3ufwKMas4g/Up_gAOX1A-I/AAAAAAAAIrg/A1t1MQxPpcU/w1296-h864-no/P1050590.JPG
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I sent them an email last night about the two barrels they have for $89, the Mossberg heavy profile and the SOCOM one and below is the response, I emailed him back asking him to verify the info since the specs he gave differed from the title of both barrels:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

All ATI barrels are 16” Chrome Moly steel.  They are coated in a melonite finish inside and out (preventing the need for chrome lining)
Standard 1/2x28 thread
Carbine length gas
M4 feed ramps on all

his applies to both barrels.  The only difference is the outer profile of the barrel.

I ordered one of the Mossberg 16" Heavy profile midlength and I received my package in the mail today where I found it was the wrong barrel, they shipped me an M4 profile carbine length 16 incher... update to come on the rectification process
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#16]
quick shipping from PSA got my 16" 1:7 ptac upper today, 7 days after ordering w/ the holidays. didn't get the 1:9 w/ BCG upper yet. called to verify since I was a little concerned that my invoice shows both shipped together. they confirmed that shipped part numbers by batch, all the ptacs w/o bcg were ready to ship on the spot and the others will go out shortly. it looks nice, little rub marks on the mounting points but fits my mag tactical lower very well and the finish is almost the same(little oil will clear that up). plan is to swap out the barrel w/ a 10.5

my ar15hardware barrel will be here tomorrow, sig pistol brace friday and saturday i will be at the range pokin' paper w/ my 10.5 pistol.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

Standard 1/2x28 thread
Carbine length gas
M4 feed ramps on all

Why do they say no coating then?   I figured there was no nitrite/melonite...

Got my Voodoo barrel from Rifle Gear, looks pretty nice.  They are still running a 10% off sale until Xmas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#18]
fuck you PSA....

Blackhawk!!!!! LPK w/ stock and buffer ass. 69.99........

ordered

Now I need another lower.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Buddy of mine is looking for a barrel . Its going to be a truck gun so under $120 closer to $100 would be better . He missed out on the ar15.com sale soooo.

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

Wonder if they are m4 feed ramp ?
edit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

edit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$89 Socom Barrel at ATI

edit.

read two posts above yours.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Not sure if some kind of sale but Amazon has Magpul MBUS for $70 set, Rear $41 and Front $29, cheapest I've seen them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not sure if some kind of sale but Amazon has Magpul MBUS for $70 set, Rear $41 and Front $29, cheapest I've seen them.
View Quote

I think Amazon has a $5 of $35+ promo when you share your wishlist on facebook or something. Saw it yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got my rail and optics from the deals that were posted here.  Thanks guys.

http://i.minus.com/iRq3WCVrHGcVR.jpg
View Quote

SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM ME OF THE FORTIS REV DEAL?????
Dam did I miss that.. thanks

Was is Palmetto?
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Was is Palmetto?
View Quote

Trading Place Pawn has the best prices on the Fortis REV, they are a dealer here. Use "10off" for $10 off, they are out of stock of some of them but get them in regularly. My 14" was $185 shipped from them.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Trading Place Pawn has the best prices on the Fortis REV, they are a dealer here. Use "10off" for $10 off, they are out of stock of some of them but get them in regularly. My 14" was $185 shipped from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was is Palmetto?

Not to rub it in, but they had a 20off code and got my 14" for $175 shipped...

Then made a order a day later for a set of magpul mbus's with 10off code came to $72 shipped
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn it, I didn't know about those codes when I ordered.  Now I'm mad.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#27]
FYI - Palmetto has upper less BCG & Charging Handle for $199.99

PTAC 16" M4 1:7 Upper - Without BCG or CH

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-1-7-upper-without-bcg-or-ch.html
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]
^^^Looks like it sold out already^^^
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-1-7-upper-without-bcg-or-ch.html
View Quote

I got one earlier, glad I randomly checked their site on my phone, too good to pass up for a budget build, got a $50 BCG on the way from Aim, really wish I didnt sell my spare CH a few weeks back.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I got one earlier, glad I randomly checked their site on my phone, too good to pass up for a budget build, got a $50 BCG on the way from Aim, really wish I didnt sell my spare CH a few weeks back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok spill the beans. Where is this $50 bcg on aim? Manufacturer??
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:13:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bryan from Aim Surplus listed about 25 of them last weekend, they were ones that were returned, they were all test and some parts changed out, MPI and 9310 bolts, couldn't pass it up for $50. He said it probably won't happen again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Bryan from Aim Surplus listed about 25 of them last weekend, they were ones that were returned, they were all test and some parts changed out, MPI and 9310 bolts, couldn't pass it up for $50. He said it probably won't happen again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn. How did you find out about them?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Their industry forum, same place they post all the good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Psa blem complete upper no bcg $279

16" Barrel length
Chrome moly vanadium barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist rate
chrome-lined bore
M4 Feed ramps
F-Marked Front sight post
A2 Flash Hider
Sling Loop
Carbine Hand Guards w/ heat sheilds
Forged upper receiver
T-Marks

Does not include BCG or Charging Handle
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#35]
anyone who ordered from psa get their uppers yet? they shipped my order sans the upper so I'm just wondering if they are going to ship the upper separately or what is going on?

also, i ordered the primary arms microdot sight but it didn't come with the flip to side magnifier mount.  anyone else have this happen to them? That was the main reason i was ordering the sight, get both for only 60$
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
anyone who ordered from psa get their uppers yet? they shipped my order sans the upper so I'm just wondering if they are going to ship the upper separately or what is going on?

also, i ordered the primary arms microdot sight but it didn't come with the flip to side magnifier mount.  anyone else have this happen to them? That was the main reason i was ordering the sight, get both for only 60$
View Quote

My upper has not shipped yet, but it does say online to expect up to 15 business days before shipping. Have to be patient and wait for them to build.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't remember seeing anything about the magnifier, it was just the sight.

I got my ATI barrel and FF rail yesterday, but they sent an M4 profile carbine length instead of a heavy mid-length.  IIRC someone else on here had the same issue, and when I called the lady on the phone mentioned others having the same issue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My upper has not shipped yet, but it does say online to expect up to 15 business days before shipping. Have to be patient and wait for them to build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And as I understand it assembled uppers ship separately.  Would be nice if PSA changed how they handle things.  I would like to see them build uppers THEN list them as available and ship as soon as their personel have time to do so rather than sell estimated quantity of parts, build the uppers and then ship.  Personal preference.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I got my ATI barrel and FF rail yesterday, but they sent an M4 profile carbine length instead of a heavy mid-length.  IIRC someone else on here had the same issue, and when I called the lady on the phone mentioned others having the same issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got my order tonight, and it had no mount. It was suppose to include free flip to side mount, it's the only reason I ordered the magnifier with the microdot. I tried to email them, but email addy is not working.

My order from PSA hasnt even shipped yet, and I only order a few upper parts. I waited 3 weeks last month for a LPK. They must have got slammedd with sale orders.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I ordered a two full build kits on different days during the week of Thanksgiving.  I received the first full kit yesterday and a ups notice on the second one.  I've ordered a bunch from PSA and always had it take 1-2 weeks, never longer.  

I didn't see the Primary red dot with magnifier for $60.  My Brother ordered their Black Friday sale red dot and it came earlier this week.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know of a place that has a good deal on basic free float mid or rifle length tubes?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I ordered a two full build kits on different days during the week of Thanksgiving.  I received the first full kit yesterday and a ups notice on the second one.  I've ordered a bunch from PSA and always had it take 1-2 weeks, never longer.  

I didn't see the Primary red dot with magnifier for $60.  My Brother ordered their Black Friday sale red dot and it came earlier this
week.
View Quote

It wasnt $60. The microdot was $59.99. Under that you could click the drop down box to pick magnifier's options if wanted. I chose the 3x for an additional $69.99. Under that, you click the drop down box for mounts, where they had the option for "FREE" flip to side mount, which I chose.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you ordered the $59 mircodot then thats was just what you should have got, there was also another deal with magnifier and mount but it had nothing to do with the $59 microdot deal
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It wasnt $60. The microdot was $59.99. Under that you could click the drop down box to pick magnifier's options if wanted. I chose the 3x for an additional $69.99. Under that, you click the drop down box for mounts, where they had the option for "FREE" flip to side mount, which I chose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see the Primary red dot with magnifier for $60.  My Brother ordered their Black Friday sale red dot and it came earlier this
week.

Check them out in the industry section and talk to them....some of the most responsive and awesome customer service in the business

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#45]
They got back to me right away, they're shipping it out monday. Problem was due to how I ordered, so probably my fault but they made it right anyway with no hassle.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Primary arms customer service is top notch.  They'vemissed a part of my order before and they sent it right away next day shipping!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Did get a tracking number on it, should be here Tuesday, barring weather delays.  Ordered on the 26th.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#48]
$80 BCGs still available at AIM Surplus: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGBDG

Mine showed up yesterday, and they look pretty nice. Bolts are not marked MPI, though. Can they still be MPI even if not marked as such? Am I even going to be able to operate with these things bro?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
$80 BCGs still available at AIM Surplus: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAIMBCGBDG

Mine showed up yesterday, and they look pretty nice. Bolts are not marked MPI, though. Can they still be MPI even if not marked as such? Am I even going to be able to operate with these things bro?
View Quote

AIM is GTG, if they say they are MPI, they are MPI.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone know of a place that has a good deal on basic free float mid or rifle length tubes?
View Quote

Primary Arms has good prices on yankee hill tubes.  Their regular price was better than other's black friday prices.
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top