Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/12/2013 8:14:07 PM EDT
Have you guys seen this yet???

http://tacfirecon.com

Pre-orders start Dec 1. Non NFA... I want one!!!

Curious how long they'll last with the morons we have in government.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy FUCKING DOG SHIT.  this is literally one of the coolest things I have seen.  I like how the selector moves to auto also.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy FUCKING DOG SHIT.  this is literally one of the coolest things I have seen.  I like how the selector moves to auto also.
View Quote

I know right?  I'm frothing at the mouth. I want one bad.

To hell with the SlideFire setup. This thing is bad to the bone!
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks interesting. It says ATF compliant/non-NFA but I wonder if they have an ATF letter? I predict a LOT of butt hurt and wailing and gnashing of teeth over this product.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Did they basically make it act like an overgassed reactive trigger on a tippman A-5 paintball gun. Basically, the trigger forces your finger forward and you just keep pulling the whole time?
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't mind having something like that, but I would only buy it at the gun show, with cash.
That way when they are declared illegal you can just smash it and not have to worry if the ATF took you off the list when they got it back or not.
You and your dag will both sleep better
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]

I am super curious about this.

I would almost guaranty that it has something to do with what looks some what like an trip.  Look near the rear of the trigger below.
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
USAutoWeapons is already selling 4 rifles with the trigger in it. All the upgrades, bells and whistles...NOT CHEAP. But beautiful weapons none the less. Check em out.  A buddy of mine has one I just found out.  

They'll be retailing for around $500 he said.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm really looking forward to an update on this.  

Just putting the selector to the rearward position gets me going.

Also, this gives those people that have three position marked semi lowers something more to look forward to.

I'm not digging the selector they show it coming with.  I prefer the look of standard ones.

I wonder if a standard M16 selector would work, and would it be legal?  I mean, isn't this technically a 3 position M16 selector being put into a semi auto lower?
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#9]
$500 seems steep. I was expecting $299 or maybe $399. Hopefully the semi auto is a quality trigger too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
How about this, extra cost = $ 0.00, standard mill spec parts, ALG trigger...Go Skinny Joe !

A decent trigger, good training, well put together rifle will get it done...JMHO.

Granted it does seem pretty nice and well made, but at $ 500 + ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0sKmH36qI
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Tagged.  I'll have to wait until I'm home to watch the video.        

Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#12]
interesting.  I would have to see the approval letter before I put down the money for it, but I like what I see.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
interesting.  I would have to see the approval letter before I put down the money for it, but I like what I see.
View Quote

supposedly the weapons that are already shipping include a letter of approval from the ATF... I would still want to read it though.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I think I just found my Christmas present to myself....depending on price of course
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#15]
See topics on exact same thing for more info on said product in other sub forums , ar discussions, and rifles uppers barrles and more. Spam IMO
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did they basically make it act like an overgassed reactive trigger on a tippman A-5 paintball gun. Basically, the trigger forces your finger forward and you just keep pulling the whole time?
View Quote

It looks similar in theory to a reactive trigger from AGD or Tippmann.  It keeps the "one shot per pull" requirement this way.  From the pictures, I would assume that the lever looking device on the rear of the trigger is some sort of cam system, or whatever you might call it.  When the carrier slams forward, it acts on the trigger, pushing it forward against your finger with more force than the springs alone.  It would then disengage from the trigger as the bolt locks up, thus reducing the trigger pull to its normal weight.  Keep steady pressure on the trigger, and it will simulate full-auto.  I am sure there is a range of pressure that would work, explaining why some people seem to be getting higher cyclic rates.
Link Posted: 11/13/2013 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#17]
just handled one, switching to auto results in a shorter reset and the trigger does push forward as you cycle the action.   However, I think you still need to let the trigger return a bit further than the auto assist before you engage the reset.

Autoweapons is charging more than a $1000 premium so I am surprised the trigger is even $500.

http://usautoweapons.com/product.usm4-mode-3-select-fire-capable-650-rounds-per-minute-16-rifle-black-non-nfa-2

It seemed feasible and if it works as well as the video suggests, I wouldn't be surprised if they get banned one way or the other.  With a slide fire, you really can't see criminals using it.  But this thing seems to run well when running and gunning.

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
just handled one, switching to auto results in a shorter reset and the trigger does push forward as you cycle the action.   However, I think you still need to let the trigger return a bit further than the auto assist before you engage the reset.

Autoweapons is charging more than a $1000 premium so I am surprised the trigger is even $500.

http://usautoweapons.com/product.usm4-mode-3-select-fire-capable-650-rounds-per-minute-16-rifle-black-non-nfa-2

It seemed feasible and if it works as well as the video suggests, I wouldn't be surprised if they get banned one way or the other.  With a slide fire, you really can't see criminals using it.  But this thing seems to run well when running and gunning.

View Quote

One quick question. When you were cycling the weapon were you letting the bolt slam home while holding the trigger? Just curious and trying to get as much info as possible on this triggers method of operation. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I've never been a fan of the bump-fire stocks and whacky contraptions, but I have to say, kind of... do want!

Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Thats pretty cool Not sure about ordering on with a CC, but F2F with cash, hell yeah.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Not near as fast as a full auto . Hell u can almost pull a good trigger that fast .
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:14:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not near as fast as a full auto . Hell u can almost pull a good trigger that fast .
View Quote

I've never tried to go that fast but I think I could shoot my sd3 trigger close to that and still not have to worry about anyone in orange named Bubba wanting to be my "good friend"
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats what I thought too looking at the video but the rifle with the fcg installed is listed at 650+ rounds per minute. I can't squeeze off almost 11 rounds a second. Screwing around I was able to get 7 once. Usually its 5 or 6 and that is for a very short time. Definitely not long enough for a mag dump.  Maybe some of you veteran shooters can do better but I havent even seen the pros shooting that fast. If they are doing it please post a link because I'd honestly enjoy watching that.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Jerry Miculek raced a full auto on an episode of Sons of Guns once. Even he didn't win.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#27]
As a comparison, my beloved M60 was 550 RPM...so if this is 650, it's faster.  I like the idea, but wouldn't be willing to risk $500 on something another bureaucrat will write a letter interpreting it as not being legal a year from now.  Nice system of law, bureaucrats writing letters...
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thats what I thought too looking at the video but the rifle with the fcg installed is listed at 650+ rounds per minute. I can't squeeze off almost 11 rounds a second. Screwing around I was able to get 7 once. Usually its 5 or 6 and that is for a very short time. Definitely not long enough for a mag dump.  Maybe some of you veteran shooters can do better but I havent even seen the pros shooting that fast. If they are doing it please post a link because I'd honestly enjoy watching that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they def did some editing on the video and slowed it down in parts for dramatic slow motion effect.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I have run a semi auto MP5 clone at 450 on a timer.   I am sure I could dig around the safe and probably find something that I could get up to 500 rpm.  

But I think it would get pretty hard to run any semi auto much faster than 500 rpm unless you have some sort external crank.   Once I found an interrupter to keep the hammer from following the bolt home, I got a 10/22 with a crank up to maybe 600 rpm.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Gosh that is amazing.

Just not $500 amazing.
Link Posted: 11/14/2013 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I like the idea, but wouldn't be willing to risk $500 on something another bureaucrat will write a letter interpreting it as not being legal a year from now.
View Quote

My sentiments exactly.  I think $500 is way too high personally..   For $250 I'd buy it though!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My sentiments exactly.  I think $500 is way too high personally..   For $250 I'd buy it though!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the idea, but wouldn't be willing to risk $500 on something another bureaucrat will write a letter interpreting it as not being legal a year from now.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ditto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

Nah. If it really does work at well as they say, and if I can get it to run in a dedicated .22, I will be happy to pay that much.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nah. If it really does work at well as they say, and if I can get it to run in a dedicated .22, I will be happy to pay that much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

Does the bolt go back in 22's? If not i doubt  it will work because it is the bolt that works the triggers action.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Does the bolt go back in 22's? If not i doubt  it will work because it is the bolt that works the triggers action.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

In a way yes, but I am not really seeing how the mechanism works, as there are not many pictures of the trigger itself. The cam system at the rear of the trigger seems to be used to operate with the 3 position safety. It is hard to tell how the bolt interacts with the trigger itself.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 7:07:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I call this release fire.
Not sure about legality... but it is very simple on an AK and probably on an AR15 with an AK like trigger (such as a rock river's double stage - probably a standard trigger will work also) a tapped hole on the bottom side of a trigger with a screw will lift the disconnector to achieve the same thing.
A less "permanent" solution could be a shim between the trigger and disconnector (cut a piece of a credit card... maybe double it up ?)

in normal operation the aperture (the opening gap between the disconnector and trigger hook) must be slightly smaller than the hammer’s arresting pads. If not, the disconnector or trigger will fail to catch the hammer resulting in doubling, a released hammer on a loaded chamber, which is exactly what is happening here.

tapped hole above where your index goes                        ?
I have not tried this, but if the aperture is too large it could possibly slam fire that would be dangerous and illegal for sure!
My understanding of semi is one round per trigger cycle meaning pull and release.
I would not attempt it until I have a letter in hand.
Link Posted: 11/15/2013 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 6:32:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I like the concept, a much cleaner approach to the problem than the Slidefire stocks, and doesn't require practice with very expensive ammo and still not being certain of getting it down correctly, every time.

If only it didn't cost a new Glock.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 6:46:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I believe this is incorrect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
in normal operation the aperture (the opening gap between the disconnector and trigger hook) must be slightly smaller than the hammer’s arresting pads. If not, the disconnector or trigger will fail to catch the hammer resulting in doubling, a released hammer on a loaded chamber, which is exactly what is happening here.

I believe this is incorrect.

Maybe you should take the top cover and bolt carrier group of an AK one day and observe how the trigger group operates... I am sorry I could not be any clearer in describing the operation and relationship between the three components...
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks cool. High end maching and material costs alot of money to bring to production, so I can understand the price tag. I'd have to try one before dropping that much coin on one, first.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Looks cool. High end maching and material costs alot of money to bring to production, so I can understand the price tag. I'd have to try one before dropping that much coin on one, first.
View Quote

I believe that a lot of what the cost is can be attributed to R & D.

People fail to understand that just developing a entirely new product can result in significant costs.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

People fail to understand that just developing a entirely new product can result in significant costs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree! Good shit costs money!
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I saw it asked earlier but what are the thoughts on .22 and 9mm with this gadget?  Would be perfect for my 9mm suppressed SBR.
View Quote

I am thinking along the same lines but want to get one and throw it in the new Sig MPX
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#46]
So what happens when these sell out and the ATF changes their mind? They just come and take them?
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I like the concept, a much cleaner approach to the problem than the Slidefire stocks, and doesn't require practice with very expensive ammo and still not being certain of getting it down correctly, every time.

If only it didn't cost a new Glock.
View Quote

From what the Taccon guys have said, it does take practice. You can do it wrong.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#48]
One reason it's $500 is about 15 minutes after they release it the plans will be on the internet......I'll wait.
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So what happens when these sell out and the ATF changes their mind? They just come and take them?
View Quote

Negative.  Speculation here but I have read that these triggers will be serialized.  Currently this would be a situation of grandfathering, one could assume...

Now, nothing logical is set in stone by any particular branch of Gov. but, that being said, it would likely be a grandfather or not to grandfather issue and I would go with the former.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top