AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 10/28/2013 4:40:20 PM EDT
anyone used them I hear several opinions especially about the coated BCG
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
My first NiB bcg was defective (short stroking the rifle from a loose gas key)  and second one works but excessive tool marks and NIB is super super thin (almost black in spots). Only have about 300rds on it but so far so good on this one. Before ordering please check there industry forum and go from there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
anyone used them I hear several opinions especially about the coated BCG
View Quote
i wouldn't order from them right now. i'm never going to order from them again.

i don't think they're actually shipping ANY NiB BCGs right now. it seems like everyone who actually gets their orders are the ones that ordered phosphate. everyone else has been waiting, some almost 2 months. and they've abandoned their industry sub forum. don't answer phones, email... blah blah blah. go read the *new*  feedback thread in their forum. i say new because they deleted the old one. despite the fact that they're not shipping NiB BCGs that hasn't stopped them showing them in stock and taking peoples money for them.

if you're in the market for an inexpensive NiB bcg you can give this one a shot. with the code SG223NIBBCG it's $112 before s&h

edited for grammar
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one got it months ago the coating is not super shiny like chrome more like a black chrome.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
umm, I ordered a NiB bcg from ICE Arms today, I received a shipping notice from them about 4 hours later.
I will compare it to my Spikes NiB when the ICE Arms comes in.

James
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
well isn't that some shit. i've tried calling, emailing, posting in their subforum... i ordered on the 11th and haven't gotten shit from them except some lame excuse that they were waiting on firing pins. i've already filed a dispute with my bank. i hope everything bad in the world happens to colin and everyone at ice arms. and only them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a BCG from them and it arrived almost a month later even though it showed in stock at the time of purchase,and when I got it was missing the ejector and had a very poor staking job.Called them them said they would send the ejector components it's been 2 months and haven't received anything yet. So ordered one from a company called Mantis Arms on a Saturday got it the following Monday.If I were you I would steer clear of them and go with a more reputable company that give you what you paid for just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a nib bolt carrier back in may maybe. Got it shortly after it looks good and functions good so far. This was before they were overwhelmed I would say. Not too impressed with their communication in there forum. I honestly will prolly order else where until they figure it out
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#8]
One month from when my card was charged to when I had a (in stock) BCG at my door.  I started complaining any place I could after 2.5 weeks since no one was responding to e-mails/texts/IM's and I had no idea when I'd get what I payed for.  Finally I got an email that it had been shipped.  

I'm not going to order again from them any time soon.  IMO they're too busy developing new products and not getting orders out or worrying about quality control.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered several items from them.  Good communication and fast shipping.  Product as described.  I'd order from them again.

Bill in OR
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#10]
As someone mentioned previously, those of us who bought the phosphate BCGs are getting them.  I got mine about a week or so after ordering, and it looks to be in decent shape.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I also had great communication with them  and spoke to Colin through email several times and on the phone for around 20-30 minutes very personable guy!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also had great communication with them  and spoke to Colin through email several times and on the phone for around 20-30 minutes very personable guy!
View Quote
so basically if they don't fuck up your order, great. if they do then you're just shit out of luck.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
It sounds like ordering from Ice is a complete gamble when it comes to customer service and QC, I wonder when they will start to comment in their industry forum again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I always root for an underdog/start up.
But if you've followed their arfcom industry page, its almost to the point of "shame on me" if you take the risk. They got drilled in their 1st feedback thread, so like anyone wanting to bury "bad press", the exercised the power of the delete button and dumped page after page of complaints.  In their second "feedback" thread, they promised complete changes, and introduced a new person to handle online complaints/customer service. That lasted all of two days from what I can tell.  They also offered a $10 rebate on your next purchase, for anyone who had ordered in the last 30 days. Still waiting on mine, although I asked for the rebate at the time of order, and twice now on their "new" feedback page.

"Apples and oranges" to the CodeRed fiasco, but the end result (as it relates to their reputation - and arfcom member support) may end up being about the same.  

PS.
fwiw, I think its really shitty that just because someone 'works out a deal', to be an "industry partner" they seem get editorial rights in that section of the forum.

Bad customer reviews? Delete 'em. Honest complaints? Lock it! Advertise items in the EE that are persistently out stock? Aok
Makes ARFCOM look more concerned about the almighty dollar, than the average Joe shopping for ar goods or services.

/rant over
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, I always root for an underdog/start up.
But if you've followed their arfcom industry page, its almost to the point of "shame on me" if you take the risk. They got drilled in their 1st feedback thread, so like anyone wanting to bury "bad press", the exercised the power of the delete button and dumped page after page of complaints.  In their second "feedback" thread, they promised complete changes, and introduced a new person to handle online complaints/customer service. That lasted all of two days from what I can tell.  They also offered a $10 rebate on your next purchase, for anyone who had ordered in the last 30 days. Still waiting on mine, although I asked for the rebate at the time of order, and twice now on their "new" feedback page.

"Apples and oranges" to the CodeRed fiasco, but the end result (as it relates to their reputation - and arfcom member support) may end up being about the same.  

PS.
fwiw, I think its really shitty that just because someone 'works out a deal', to be an "industry partner" they seem get editorial rights in that section of the forum.

Bad customer reviews? Delete 'em. Honest complaints? Lock it! Advertise items in the EE that are persistently out stock? Aok
Makes ARFCOM look more concerned about the almighty dollar, than the average Joe shopping for ar goods or services.

/rant over
View Quote

Very well put, I've thought the same things after seeing their behavior here. I think a lot of people are lured in by their prices and then end up disappointed with all the issues.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bad customer reviews? Delete 'em. Honest complaints? Lock it!  
View Quote

When my BCG was faulty I started a thread about it. All was going good and things were getting resolved. Next thing I know my thread was deleted so I started a new one asking about my deleted thread. The next day that thread was deleted and Rich personally called me talking/cursing about how my thread was going to ruin his company. I personally will not be doing any business with that company again and Im pretty sure my thread isn't what is going to bring his company down.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a barrel made  by them from aim. Only about 300/350 rounds and all has been good so far. But I have not been able to do any distance shooting with it yet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought a barrel made  by them from aim. Only about 300/350 rounds and all has been good so far. But I have not been able to do any distance shooting with it yet.
View Quote

Aim is good people, if you order something from them you know it is in stock and they have excellent customer service, the biggest issue is people dealing directly with ICE, I'm glad I went with my gut and spent a little more on Spike's parts instead of buying from Ice
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Stay away from these guys. The guy Colin has been posting the same phone number for months which is a NH cell phone number, while his company is in WA, going by a business address in CA, a card processing and web services outfit in Canada and a supposed wife working at trade school in NH. If it seems off like a wonky load of krap, you're not the only one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stay away from these guys. The guy Colin has been posting the same phone number for months which is a NH cell phone number, while his company is in WA, going by a business address in CA, a card processing and web services outfit in Canada and a supposed wife working at trade school in NH. If it seems off like a wonky load of krap, you're not the only one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just saw they posted this on their Facebook a few days ago:

ICE Arms Facebook:
Our warehouse distribution center is in Ferndale WA. We are in the process of transferring our assembly to NH. Our customer service representatives live in NH and MA. The beauty of today's world is even though our warehouse is 3,000 miles away, our inventory is updated in real time. So if you have a question about inventory, our nh and MA reps can easily answer your question. The company started in Canada but by the end of this year.. If all goes well.. It should be completely American. I hope this clarifies things
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Horrible customer service, 4 week shipping times, and IMHO not a quality product on their NiB BCGs...  

Spend your money elsewhere and save yourself a headache...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah I love aim. I'm glad I didn't get the barrel from The source.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#23]
well, I have had my FedEx tracking # for almost 20 Hours now and it has not showed up in the FedEx system yet.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#24]
A quick read in their industry forum will tell you the professionalism these guys do NOT have in running a business, especially a recent startup company.  Over promise and Under deliver.  Then try to call and sweet talk you promises that never materializes unless threaten to the point of getting a credit card chargeback.  But of recent, that even appears to not phaze these amateurs, as long as they are still pulling in victims to cash in on.
I referred a friend and family member after I ordered a bcg from them several months back...I regretted getting those two involved, as they finally can't deal with the crap and did a chargeback after many lies and months of wasted time and energy.
I, on the other hand...was dealt with a piece of turd BCG they called "nice" and have it as a reminder and proof to tell anyone I know not to fall into their crap trap.  
I also ordered a "blem" NiB from Shadow Ops a few days after initially ordering one from Ice.  I received that one within a week and the quality of craftsmanship and manufacturing is beyond the subpar crap "nice" bcg from ICE.  It is also much cheaper.

If you like to waste time, money, and energy, go ahead and buy from these numbnuts and support their poor service and product quality.  If you want to have hypertension, order from these liars.
Oh, almost forgot...to top it off they are always trying to get feedback on what they should make or produce next....like their "nameless" upper.  Why don't they focus that energy in trying to make a better quality product and to streamline their "in stock" and shipping woes first before hurdling bigger jumps they are not capable of.  And about "nameless", Colin started a contest in their industry forum to the public to come up with a name for this upper and he will pick the best name...and ended up still not picking a name when the deadline has passed months ago.  He decided to stay with "nameless" as of now....tells you the kind of man of his words he is...
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldn't buy a ball point pen from Ice Arms.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
so basically if they don't fuck up your order, great. if they do then you're just shit out of luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can only comment on my dealings with the company. Only problem i recall is it took about 3-5 days from the day of order before I received a shipping notice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe they'd do better selling to online retailers like AIM who can have a big inventory and is good with the customer service?

They can crank out more BCGs if they're not on the phone dealing with angry customers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#28]
finally the FedEx tracking # is showing up and giving me a delivery of this Friday. So I will go out to the range on Saturday and test out the NiB BCG
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
A quick read in their industry forum...SNIP
View Quote

Holy hell, that is quite a read!

I stopped at the guy with the bent barrel.

Wow.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

ICE treats their industry forum like a teenage girl treats her Facebook, delete anything that makes you look bad.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ICE treats their industry forum like a teenage girl treats her Facebook, delete anything that makes you look bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Very true.  And the nerve of those clowns to say "And POSTING on FORUMS only HURTS us it does not help anyone and is very vindictive and cruel. I don't know why every person needs to "go whine to the forums" HOW does that help? it only hurts everyone........".  
If they put out products like they advertise, and send them out like the say they do, there will be very little "whining" in the forums about where their products is, or what a piece of defective crap they received, and even to the usual "they are not replying or answering my texts, emails and phone calls about why I haven't heard anything about my order in over a month, when they said it was in stock".
True clowns running a circus of a company.
eta: their logo does look cool though,  but not enough for me to buy any of their products again.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:48:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe ICE is a parent co of PSA.

Link Posted: 10/30/2013 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Wow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

That would be me, I spoke with Colin on the phone 8 days ago.  He said he was sending me a return label, I have not received one.  Here's my whole story:

Ordered 16" stainless barrel 9/1
Received shipping notification 9/5
Received 14.5" barrel 9/11
Emailed Ice Arms 9/11
No reply
Received shipping notification 9/12
UPS showed up to pick up 14.5" barrel out of the blue 9/14
Recevied tracking info for 16" barrel 9/17
Received 16" barrel 9/18
Finished build and noticed bent barrel and gas port not at top dead center 10/20
Spoke with Colin on the phone 10/22
Since then, nothing

There's some other BS emails back and forth in there too including some telling me to keep everything to emails and that AR15.com is for industry updates only, not track issues.  If I don't get in touch with Colin today, I'll be following up with my bank and the BBB.  Enough is enough.

Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe they'd do better selling to online retailers like AIM who can have a big inventory and is good with the customer service?

They can crank out more BCGs if they're not on the phone dealing with angry customers.
View Quote

Going through a dealer like AIM is the only way I'd consider buying anything from Ice Arms after reading the feedback on this site.  Your buisiness isn't going to last if 20% of your customers are angry or never received the product they ordered.

I hope them the best, but they've got to get their shit togeather and fast.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm glad I saw this thread.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That would be me, I spoke with Colin on the phone 8 days ago.  He said he was sending me a return label, I have not received one.  Here's my whole story:

Emailed Ice Arms 9/11
No reply
Received 16" barrel 9/18
Finished build and noticed bent barrel and gas port not at top dead center 10/20
Since then, nothing

There's some other BS emails back and forth in there too including some telling me to keep everything to emails and that AR15.com is for industry updates only, not track issues.  If I don't get in touch with Colin today, I'll be following up with my bank and the BBB.  Enough is enough.

Buyer beware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.

Emailed Ice Arms 9/11
No reply
Received 16" barrel 9/18
Since then, nothing

Buyer beware.

That is more fucked up than a soup sandwich
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I just received my Nitrided BCG today that I ordered on 10/19. So far it looks good, no visible defects.  I am happy with the purchase. I was also going to purchase one of their new 14.7" barrels, but after reading all this stuff I am hesitant. Might just get another PSA light chf 14.7" or a Wilson Combat SS and get it fluted.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like Ice did another clean out of their industry forum, the thread regarding their Canadian connection and roots is now gone.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#39]
They have also selectively deleted posts in the "where's my barrel" deleted thread to make it look as if they were promptly replying to complaints.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#40]
I got notification that my barrel is shipping so I guess I can't complain anymore. But FedEx is showing a week to get to me
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#41]
i like how they completely and totally ignored the actual feedback thread also
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#42]
I like the where's my barrel thread where another industry partner had to ask them WTF is going on with the barrel because they want to get it back to the poor guy.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 1:56:36 AM EDT
[#43]

notice how they keep going on and on about how many they've sold but fail to mention how many they've actually managed to ship. maybe that's why i never received my order. and going by their ratio, for all the people complaining in this thread alone they had to have sold millions of units.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Ordered a blemish EXO NIB BCG on Monday am and received it today (Wed), looks great.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ordered a blemish EXO NIB BCG on Monday am and received it today (Wed), looks great.
View Quote
i ordered the blem NiB 3 weeks ago and never got anything.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:43:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I do not have personal experience with Ice Arms, but I have something to share. Around the beginning of October, a person was getting feedback from others on NiB bcg's. So, I mentioned the first reason I did not go with a NiB bcg was due to a note in TM 9-1005-319-23&P dealing with chrome vs black phosphate bcg's.

So, I stated I went with a RCA bcg due to its black finish. That's when I get this response from another person on here that said, "RCA seems to be a really shoddy operation. Ice Arms has nitrided carriers, may want to look at them instead and they're a site sponsor." Seeing the responses in this post, I just wonder if this person that made this comment has dealings with Ice Arms? Go figure. Here is a link to the post below, by the way.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/624427_Nickel_Boron_BCG_1st_Hand_Experience.html&page=2
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:54:19 AM EDT
[#47]
while i wouldn't accuse them of 'turfing... i wouldn't be surprised if it was true
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]

looks like the Ice Arms rep is working himself up to going full retard. again. quoting scripture and a persecution complex is in effect.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I just ordered 2 of the Nitrided M16 9310 Bolt Carrier Group and 2 of there Nitrided low pro gas blocks. I think they could be the next BCM, I could be wrong though. Everybody has to start some where and I'm sure they got swamped with orders when they first started Ice Arms. I'm giving them a try and gonna see what happens. I also thought about ordering a Wisconsin Tactical billet upper, which I didn't.  So lets see how this goes with Ice Arms.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just ordered 2 of the Nitrided M16 9310 Bolt Carrier Group and 2 of there Nitrided low pro gas blocks. I think they could be the next BCM, I could be wrong though. Everybody has to start some where and I'm sure they got swamped with orders when they first started Ice Arms. I'm giving them a try and gonna see what happens. I also thought about ordering a Wisconsin Tactical billet upper, which I didn't.  So lets see how this goes with Ice Arms.
View Quote

Truly comical, but honestly I wish you the best of luck getting those BCGs in a timely manner.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top