Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2013 12:54:44 PM EDT
I bought the pieces for my first AR build over the course of the last six months, and just put it all together.  I didn't buy junk parts, but I didn't splurge on anything either.  Total cost came to just under $700.

Lower
National Military Armament (NATMIL) Lower
Magpul MOE Grip
ALG ACT Trigger Group
Palmetto State Armory Lower Parts Kit
Palmetto State Armory Buffer Kit
Magpul Stock

Upper
Palmetto State Armory Upper
Mossberg 16" 1:7 Barrel (AIM Surplus)
Yankee Hill Machine Flash Hider
Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block and Tube
Palmetto State Armory Upper Parts Kit
Palmetto State Armory Blem Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group
Palmetto State Armory Charging Handle
Iron Sights (Gift from a friend, don't know the brand)
Midwest 12" Rail

Sorry for the crap cell phone photographs...

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/1239798_10202012857109510_796570057_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/602023_10202012856989507_560148282_n.jpg

Link Posted: 9/22/2013 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice build
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Good quality build, price is right as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoot it and build  another
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell me about this NatMil Lower. Seem to be in spec, go together well ?

I've been looking at these from AIM Surplus.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
looks very good. well thought out.. tell us how she choots ...  :)
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell me about this NatMil Lower. Seem to be in spec, go together well ?

I've been looking at these from AIM Surplus.
View Quote

I bought two of these NATMIL lowers.  They came to $87.50 each with the transfer fee and free shipping from AIM.  The quality seems on par with the Aero Precision, Seekins forged and Palmetto State lowers I already have set aside for other builds.  I could not find the forge mark on the lower anywhere.  There is no Omega keyhole, splintered A or square stamping signifying which forge made it so I don't have a guess.  The other NATMIL lower I have has a slightly uneven stamping on the safe/fire area and the logo.  It's not a crooked stamping, it's more like the stamp pressure was set too light and the stamping is unevenly deep, if that makes sense.  Not a huge deal, but noticeable.

All the parts seem to fit pretty snug in the lower, so I imagine specs are on point.  It's a tight little rifle with no rattles.

It passed a basic trigger function check.  Besides lubing it up in all the right places, is there anything else I need to check before firing?  I am convinced the gas system is lined up right and the bolt appears to lock up nice and tight.  I guess I am just nervous about the first pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info on the Nat Mil lower, after you shoot it tell us how your build worked out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Good quality build, price is right as well.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I bought two of these NATMIL lowers. They came to $87.50 each with the transfer fee and free shipping from AIM. The quality seems on par with the Aero Precision, Seekins forged and Palmetto State lowers I already have set aside for other builds. I could not find the forge mark on the lower anywhere. There is no Omega keyhole, splintered A or square stamping signifying which forge made it so I don't have a guess.
View Quote
You wont find a forge mark on any lower, I dont think.

I have seen a bunch of 0% lowers and they didnt have forge marks either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good. Go shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
good looking rifle and great price......
Working on my "out of spare parts" rifle also.... just ordered NatMil lower also.....
let us know how that lower works for you? any problems installing parts kit?
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I been having great luck with that barrel you got.  Should be a great shooter.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks good, let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, awesome job!  You must have acquired that Midwest rail super cheap.  Hard to imagine you got the build done for less than $700.  Kudos!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top