BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 189
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Told ya'll they was going up tonight!!   I damn sure didn't need it but I bought it anyway...........
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the pistol lowers only compatible with pistol uppers?

WTF is a "pistol upper?"
If its milspec and the lower is milspec, the two will mate.
For the 20th time in this thread (which is the wrong place to ask the question), it does not matter what the lower is marked if you want to build a rifle.

Sorry that i put my question in the wrong place but thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They do not sell lowers seperate from rifles anymore.
Quoted:

Does anyone know if Daniel Defense lowers ever come up?

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Who makes the Rainier lowers? I swear I just saw it posted today but I can't find it.  I want to say it was Seekins.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is my first post, and thanks to everyone for the information.
To anyone who does not mind having the "pistol" on their lower, JSE just shipped my Mega lower today. I ordered it yesterday. It states that it is out of stock on their website, but I just followed the examples given by some of the other posts in the locked thread..

It should be in Alaska by the middle of next week..

How did you get one ?  Ive had a forge and a billet one on backorder since early Jan.

I'd also backordered the 'regular' forged Mega earlier in Feb. No movement there, but placed backorder for 2 Mega pistol lowers two days ago. They're shipping today.
Mega forged 'Pistol'

So you just place the order as if you were going to back order it, and it ships the next day?

Yep. In checking out, there's a 'backorder' option. You then enter date of 00/00/0000 for the 'money order sent' date. I just put a note in there (there's field in the checkout process) asking them to call me once item was back in stock for my payment & FFL info. Again, credit goes to others that did this first (prior thread), not me...

Ordered on 13th, received a call yesterday (14th) morning asking for my info. It's shipping today (15th) as there was a little hangup with the FFL info.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=329792607

seekins forged Buy it Now $249  

6 in stock... not a great price but not terrible for the times, prices seem to be creeping back down on gunbroker

Considering you can get them for $130 + shipping from DSGARMS that is not a good deal...
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who makes the Rainier lowers? I swear I just saw it posted today but I can't find it.  I want to say it was Seekins.

Mega Arms
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe it is Mega who makes their lowers.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mega Arms

That was my second guess

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it is Mega who makes their lowers.

It is if you go over and hang out in Rainiers Industry section you'll learn lots and the guys are quick with responses......
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2124

OOS
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2124

Rainier Arms forged lowers in stock!

Thanks! Got 1
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Are people still staying away from the Aero lowers just out of principle or is there something wrong with their quality?  I have stayed away because it just pisses me off that I have two on backorder with Brownells since 12/26 that total less than $200, but I am thinking about just biting the bullet and getting one since they are only $20 more than the Seekins I have been trying to get.  I work all day so when the Seekins come in stock i am never able to get one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are people still staying away from the Aero lowers just out of principle or is there something wrong with their quality?  I have stayed away because it just pisses me off that I have two on backorder with Brownells since 12/26 that total less than $200, but I am thinking about just biting the bullet and getting one since they are only $20 more than the Seekins I have been trying to get.  I work all day so when the Seekins come in stock i am never able to get one.

Pretty much!  The days of that kinda of pricing for simple Forged Lowers are over my man.............They'll either lower them down to where they should be ($100 was $89) and start shipping to its distributors for backorders or loose their asses....
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I am not sure how many of you have ever dealt with Marshall at Primary Arms, for myself I have never seen better customer service. He went out of his way to personally coordinate, keep in touch, and make sure that I received my Spikes lower. Even before the craziness I didn’t see this kind of attention. Kudos to Primary Arms!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got notification from Rainier Arms that the NorthTech Defense AR15 Billet Lower I ordered on 2/8 shipped today.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just got notification from Rainier Arms that the NorthTech Defense AR15 Billet Lower I ordered on 2/8 shipped today.

I ordered the same lower from Rainier on 2/8/13... got the shipping notification with tracking number on Wednesday 2/13/2013, but the order has not moved yet.  My FFL was new and not in their network... but I expect it to start showing movement over the weekend.  Rainier was great to work with... they have even added my local FFL to their network!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the same lower from Rainier on 2/8/13... got the shipping notification with tracking number on Wednesday 2/13/2013, but the order has not moved yet.  My FFL was new and not in their network... but I expect it to start showing movement over the weekend.  Rainier was great to work with... they have even added my local FFL to their network!

I got my north tech today I ordered from them on 2/7. Super nice lower, looks just as good as my Noveske gen2.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]
King's Arsenal has some billet upper and lower sets in stock. or shipping soon. not sure. Kings Lower/upper  Sets

http://f.cl.ly/items/3U0A1N0R1p0E2s3I0i3L/KA-LowerUpperSet.jpg
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]
What type of upper are you guys going to use with the NorthTech lower?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is my first post, and thanks to everyone for the information.
To anyone who does not mind having the "pistol" on their lower, JSE just shipped my Mega lower today. I ordered it yesterday. It states that it is out of stock on their website, but I just followed the examples given by some of the other posts in the locked thread..

It should be in Alaska by the middle of next week..

How did you get one ?  Ive had a forge and a billet one on backorder since early Jan.

I'd also backordered the 'regular' forged Mega earlier in Feb. No movement there, but placed backorder for 2 Mega pistol lowers two days ago. They're shipping today.
Mega forged 'Pistol'

WTF?  I placed an order on the 12th and mine didnt ship.  wonder if they are shipping in order or just random?

what was your order number?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Serbu firearms is gonna make another run of lowers contact them for a great product. They offer a lot more than just lowers, they make a bfg-50 cal, and a badass shorty shotty. Go check em out, early may for a huge run. If your willing to wait for a excellent product
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Serbu firearms is gonna make another run of lowers contact them for a great product. They offer a lot more than just lowers, they make a bfg-50 cal, and a badass shorty shotty. Go check em out, early may for a huge run. If your willing to wait for a excellent product

Doesn't look like they make lowers to me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Needs more LINKY????
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Needs more LINKY????

Spam
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What type of upper are you guys going to use with the NorthTech lower?

Got a aero precision, the finishes don't match 100% but it's my wife's gun and she is happy.

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more LINKY????

Spam

lol ok Jan 2013

http://www.serbu.com/
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Check there facebook page they announced it today. Spam is what welfare recipients eat....
http://www.serbu.com/images/HiRez/SerbuARLower2.jpg
I dont work for them or have any connections with selling for them this is simply a post where I help somebody find lowers. I claimed 2 for myself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Made hot for the lazy. 56K warning, huuuuuuuuge hi-res pic. Standard, run of the mill forged lower.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Made hot for the lazy. 56K warning, huuuuuuuuge hi-res pic. Standard, run of the mill forged lower.

how much are they selling them for? -- weird roll mark on it
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
King's Arsenal has some billet upper and lower sets in stock. or shipping soon. not sure. Kings Lower/upper  Sets

http://f.cl.ly/items/3U0A1N0R1p0E2s3I0i3L/KA-LowerUpperSet.jpg

Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#32]
The roll stamp is there logo like most. They are going for 125 I believe plus ship and ffl. I will say I have seen there work and products and they are tedious when it comes to production.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#33]
The order number was 44852. For the Mega pistol lower..

Literally got a shipping/tracking number 14hrs after I sent the FFL info..
It was a nice surprise..

I have an order in for a JD Machine lower and I don't have a timeline for that lower...so I gave this one a shot..
Kudus to JSE..

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Got one of our Industry Partners selling Seekins Forged over in EE.......$200 ea including shipping and says he has 200 in stock...http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_158/1126082_SEEKINS_FORGED_LOWER_RECEIVERS_IN_STOCK_AND_FOR_SALE_200_.html
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:27:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Got one of our Industry Partners selling Seekins Forged over in EE.......$200 ea including shipping and says he has 200 in stock...http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_158/1126082_SEEKINS_FORGED_LOWER_RECEIVERS_IN_STOCK_AND_FOR_SALE_200_.html

DSGarms had these for sale for 130.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:18:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Rock River lowers back in stock at $225

http://www.pkfirearms.com/Rock_River_Arms_Lowers/78/c

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anybody notice that Rainier adjusted the price on their Branded Forged Lower today??  It was and has been $159 but now is showing $179, could be that they are going to be putting them up soon????

Did this on their select  and match barrels and several different lowers right before more came in stock
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody notice that Rainier adjusted the price on their Branded Forged Lower today??  It was and has been $159 but now is showing $179, could be that they are going to be putting them up soon????

Did this on their select  and match barrels and several different lowers right before more came in stock

I'm fine with that. Seems like a fair increase. They have been amazing to deal with on shipping and a few customer support issues for me. Also their lowers are made by MEGA and are perfect.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm fine with that. Seems like a fair increase. They have been amazing to deal with on shipping and a few customer support issues for me. Also their lowers are made by MEGA and are perfect.

They are of course free to do as they please, but are consistently raising prices 10 to 15 percent each time parts like receivers and lowers come back in stock.  They are quickly beginning to find themselves on the expensive side of things.  

I just keep telling myself all this madness has to stop at some point.  Then the question is how long until the retailers realize they can not get these premiums for their items.  There will be a lag between demand drop off and prices coming down.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Went to a local gun show in Portland yesterday. I was surprised to see the following:

- There were plenty of complete rifles for sale (more 300 Blackout than 5.56)
- There was 5.56 ammo to be had (granted I was paying $15 a box for Rem ball)
- Gun show uppers for SAS and Aero were asking $225, which for our gun shows is a drop in price

If anyone is interested in the Portland area there will be plenty available today. My brother and I both agreed that things are starting to calm down. On the other hand pocket pistols were being grabbed left and right (e.g. LCP, DB380, Kel-Tech, etc)
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#41]
mega pistol

5 available
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
mega pistol

5 available

Just ordered one. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
mega pistol

5 available

Went OOS while I was getting my wallet

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Completed order a sec. to late, OOS now
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#45]
That's why I've memorized my card info.  Too bad my new card arrived yesterday.....

Anyhow, those Serbus look nice, and it'd be cool to have a lower no one else does.  If nothing I want doesn't come up soon, I may take one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Because of all this madness as of lately i've since memorized mine as well
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I have had memorized for a while. I was worried the whole time typing everything in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#48]
My card in memorized as well, its my ffl information I had to take an extra min to enter
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
mega pistol

5 available

Went OOS while I was getting my wallet

Oh Well...I just checked on my NT Billet from Rainier- finally showing movement and will be at my FFL on Tuesday! And my load of mags from Natchez looks like it's showing up today!  And there's a local gun show next weekend, although I think it will be more of a rape-fest

Us old guys have a hard time remembering all that numbers stuff....I'll have to start carrying my wallet in my PJ's

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My card in memorized as well, its my ffl information I had to take an extra min to enter

I have never ordered from JSE Surplus, but most online retailers do not require you to enter in the FFL information upon purchase. You can contact them shortly after completing the transaction and give them the information that way. I usually follow up the email confirmation for the online order with a response including the FFL information, so they can directly reference the order/all my info. I follow that email up with a phone call to ensure everything is squared away.

Might save you some time in the future.
Page / 189
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top