Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Is that their jig with the alternate steel top plates?  I ordered an anodized 80% lower and a jig in mid-Jan.  At that time they listed the jig as a Tactical Machining jig. Who knows where they are getting them now. Does the billet fit in the jig?
Please post more pictures if you can.
Wish I knew what Ares was doing. Their updates seem to be going backwards. ( ie: "all backorders will be filled by July 8th".  Well that did not happen!)
View Quote

I also ordered the Tactical Machining jig and got this branded Ares Armor jig.  They look identical, either Ares copied it, is making it under license, or Tac is branding it for Ares who knows.  The billet lowers fit in the jig well. It has to go in the take down pin holes perfectly straight it's a tight fit, no play in it.  Try their new CS contact form under your account login they got back to me fairly quickly this time around instead of ignoring me like they did the other 4 times I tried to contact them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What email address are you guys able to contact Ares Armor at?

I have sent them two emails with questions in the last two months and have not gotten any type of reply from them.

Link Posted: 9/27/2013 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Emailed a few days ago inquiring about my order.  Order was for the 80% jig that was placed on 01/28/2013.  Received this response today...

Hi Bluestraw,
We are currently shipping jigs for Dec. 22nd orders at the moment. We are shipping orders in chronological order. I want to thank you for being patient with us during this time.

I hope you have a great weekend.
View Quote

No clue as to when I'll get my order, but at least they know, that I know, that they know I'm still waiting...   At this rate, maybe I'll get the jig and lowers from Rockethub at the same time.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally received my AR-15 jig in the mail today. I ordered it on December 22nd, 2012. Took almost 10-months to reach me. Better late than never I suppose. Like aforementioned, this is no longer a TM branded jig. It's stamped with Ares Armor in multiple places.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Could ya post a pic or two please.  Curious as to what I paid for now...
Link Posted: 10/10/2013 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi ARFCOM, first post and I wanted to vouch for Ares Armor.  I ordered two 80% lowers on January 22nd and have been waiting like everybody else.  I saw on their website that they began offering other 80% lowers (Billet etc) that weren't available in January and therefore weren't part of the backorder black hole.  I opened a "ticket" with them on 9/17 on their website asking if I could change my order to billet and pay the difference and get them shipped immediately.  I received a reply on 9/20 informing me that they have begun offering this upgrade for free (not sure exactly to who) and included was the tracking number for my receivers that had already shipped.  I got them 3 days later and they look great.  The only minor thing I would change is the sharp corners around the mouth of the mag well.
I hope this information is useful or encouraging.
Chris
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi ARFCOM, first post and I wanted to vouch for Ares Armor.  I ordered two 80% lowers on January 22nd and have been waiting like everybody else.  I saw on their website that they began offering other 80% lowers (Billet etc) that weren't available in January and therefore weren't part of the backorder black hole.  I opened a "ticket" with them on 9/17 on their website asking if I could change my order to billet and pay the difference and get them shipped immediately.  I received a reply on 9/20 informing me that they have begun offering this upgrade for free (not sure exactly to who) and included was the tracking number for my receivers that had already shipped.  I got them 3 days later and they look great.  The only minor thing I would change is the sharp corners around the mouth of the mag well.
I hope this information is useful or encouraging.
Chris
View Quote

Chris,
I had my, 2x forged lower order upgraded to the billet for free as well.
I had the same complaint and sent them pictures of the sharps and the response was, "The sharp edges on the magwell is how we receive them from the manufacturer; that is the design of their lower, I suppose!"

Since mine is raw, I'll take a file to them before finishing.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj66/4runnerFreak/Snapbucket/IMG_1623_zps798bac3f.jpg
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top