AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 134
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Billets on rainier
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
So since joe bob had 100 pissed off emails about stock, now they will have 150 more for not putting in stock. Whatever. Like you said, it's your right to sell your stuff how you want, but you can see how people would be mad since they are signed up for your email alerts and patiently waiting on that lower when you have them in stock and are posting them in stock. Noone said you had to leave the price the same on your website. Who is to say you don't have everything in stock right now and just not selling any of it or letting anyone know because you would rather sell it on gunbroker to make more money. Why can't you post them on your site for market value. Why post them on gun broker in lots of 5. You think more people would buy 5 and not resell the other 4 they don't want. You think they sell better in groups of 5 for 1000 bucks or single for 400 each. It's not at all about economics, it's common sense at this point. It don't take someone with a business degree to know how supply and demand works.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
rainiers has north tech defense billets back in stock- only 21 though
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3455

Down to 18...
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So since joe bob had 100 pissed off emails about stock, now they will have 150 more for not putting in stock. Whatever. Like you said, it's your right to sell your stuff how you want, but you can see how people would be mad since they are signed up for your email alerts and patiently waiting on that lower when you have them in stock and are posting them in stock. Noone said you had to leave the price the same on your website. Who is to say you don't have everything in stock right now and just not selling any of it or letting anyone know because you would rather sell it on gunbroker to make more money. Why can't you post them on your site for market value. Why post them on gun broker in lots of 5. You think more people would buy 5 and not resell the other 4 they don't want. You think they sell better in groups of 5 for 1000 bucks or single for 400 each. It's not at all about economics, it's common sense at this point. It don't take someone with a business degree to know how supply and demand works.

He should hand pick the 15 of us on here begging for them, spending hour after hour looking for just one...just one to build.

I don't want to flip anything, not a damn thing!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I almost bought one. It would have been over $240 after tax, shipping, and the $30 my local FFL wants to receive it

where are you located.  i found a guy in plano that is 20.  10 for CHL holders, active military/police/fire/schoolteachers

My guy is 15 bucks for chl holders in Arlington. That's per visit, not per gun.

But since this is the lower thread, I just received my shipping information for the $43 ATI omni sale that everybody was getting the run around with. I started to cancel my order. But now I'm glad I didn't as these are cheap enough to hold on to for oh shit purposes and not feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Down to 18...
I dropped two back out of my cart after deciding against it... sign of the times with them staying in stock for so long I'd say.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where/who?
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He should hand pick the 15 of us on here begging for them, spending hour after hour looking for just one...just one to build.

I don't want to flip anything, not a damn thing!

That is an excellent suggestion. If a dealer did just a small number of sales that way, imagine the positive feedback they would get.

"I saw on ARFCOM you have been looking for a <brand> lower for the last several days/weeks. We at <dealer> just received a shipment and I would like to offer you first crack at an order. We will be sending out our in stock notifications in 15 minutes, so respond immediately if you are interested."
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Down to 18...
I dropped two back out of my cart after deciding against it... sign of the times with them staying in stock for so long I'd say.

Are you sure? 4/5 still left...
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We move millions and million of dollars a year in inventory, and we have employees to feed and overhead to pay for. Why would we sit on "everything"? We would sell it now while the iron is hot, like any intelligent business would do.

You are stating "Market Value" as being MSRP? You are incorrect. Sometimes market value is higher, and sometimes it is lower than MSRP.

Guys that buy 5 at "Market Value" on an auction site have less profit margin to flip them at, so your argument is invalid there. Only guys who want 5 lowers, will buy 5 lowers, at "Market" price (not MSRP).

You don't quite have a grasp on market conditions, or supply and demand, and obviously have never been a business owner. I appreciate your insight...

This may help a little. However, the firearms industry in general is pretty inelastic, especially now, even as prices increase.

So, since demand is skyrocketed, and supplies are very low...guess where "Market" price is?

Quoted:

That is an excellent suggestion. If a dealer did just a small number of sales that way, imagine the positive feedback they would get.

"I saw on ARFCOM you have been looking for a <brand> lower for the last several days/weeks. We at <dealer> just received a shipment and I would like to offer you first crack at an order. We will be sending out our in stock notifications in 15 minutes, so respond immediately if you are interested."

The only guys that benefits are the guys who get hand picked. That's not "fair", really, and would cause more ticked off customers than not.  What about guys who asked about it a week before, or a month before, or.....
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Just Grabbed a northtech from rainier.  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Down to 18...

Every time they come in stock somewhere and it's posted here the herd gets thinned.  A month from now and they'll last for a matter of hours, and so on.  Thanks for buying guys
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Down to 18...

I agree w/ him. The 21 Nortechs have stayed in stock almost as long as the 150 Seekins forged lowers did. Granted, they are billets from Nortech and not Mega, Vltor, etc. I'll hold off until Megas are back in stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I almost bought one. It would have been over $240 after tax, shipping, and the $30 my local FFL wants to receive it

where are you located.  i found a guy in plano that is 20.  10 for CHL holders, active military/police/fire/schoolteachers

Tom??
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I hate you guys.  Just dropped another $220 on that billet lower from Rainier.  

But its going to make a sweet foundation for a 300 blackout!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your very welcome.

THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!! SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's all fun and games until the credit card bill shows up in the mail

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Rainier billets OOS
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where/who?

Give DFW Shoots a call.  He's in Grand Prairie and has just about the best FFL transfer pricing around the area.  Plus he's good people!  
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just Grabbed a northtech from rainier.  Thanks

I check the Ranier site frequently to see, and just happened to notice the Northtech. I picked one up because they have been available for $299 at Blackwater Tactical (or $850 FTF locally on another board ), but that was a bit too much for me to justify spending. I decided to get it at less than $230 delivered. I now see I got one of the last ones because it's out of stock again. They look pretty nice, but is much known about them?
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Stripped Rock River Lowers at PK Firearms...Unless I'm seeing something wrong

RR Lowers
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We move millions and million of dollars a year in inventory, and we have employees to feed and overhead to pay for. Why would we sit on "everything"? We would sell it now while the iron is hot, like any intelligent business would do.

You are stating "Market Value" as being MSRP? You are incorrect. Sometimes market value is higher, and sometimes it is lower than MSRP.

Guys that buy 5 at "Market Value" on an auction site have less profit margin to flip them at, so your argument is invalid there. Only guys who want 5 lowers, will buy 5 lowers, at "Market" price (not MSRP).

You don't quite have a grasp on market conditions, or supply and demand, and obviously have never been a business owner. I appreciate your insight...

http://stephansmithfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Supply-and-Demand-Graph.png

This may help a little. However, the firearms industry in general is pretty inelastic, especially now, even as prices increase.

So, since demand is skyrocketed, and supplies are very low...guess where "Market" price is?

Quoted:

The only guys that benefits are the guys who get hand picked. That's not "fair", really, and would cause more ticked off customers than not.  What about guys who asked about it a week before, or a month before, or.....

Dude no one said anything about Msrp. I am just giving an example of everything. There is less of a market for an auction of 5 lowers then there is for an auction of one lower. Once those auctions end, divide them by 5 and see if that equals market value right now. Those lowers are selling on GB for about 350-400 each and I bet you don't get that for each of them on the auctions you have up there. So your argument is shit, you might want to go back to school and learn a little more if you don't see that.  As far as being fair is putting these on your website and letting everyone have a chance at "1" lower. If they didnt get one, then that's fine but it was fair. Your email notifications are shit anyways because they only come 2 hours after the item is sold out anyways. How's that for fair. Sure mark them up a little then what you have them for already on your site. That's fine. I would have still bought one from you before I knew how you do business.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Forged Seekins in-stock at Primary

https://www.primaryarms.com/Seekins_Precision_SP15_Forged_Lower_p/sp15.htm

Wow 2 lowers this morning. Thanks guys

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
snip....

You aren't really helping us find our Unicorns. You don't need to come here and make excuses.

Most of us understand how this all works. The thread is here to help facilitate finding equipment.

Someone posted that certain product wasn't available for purchase from your website that you were instead using another venue to move product.

Those of us who were checking for certain products at JoeBobs can stop for now.

If you have any information relevant to our needs, such as when you'll stop moving certain product on Gunbroker and start using your web page again, that would be great.

If you have other product relevant to our needs, by all means post it on your Facebook and you'll see it pop up here in minutes if not seconds.

You can really stop with the economics lessons, they aren't doing anyone any good right now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I just received a broken NFA complete lower from www.riflegear.com that I ordered on Jan 30th.    Guess where it is broken.   I'm taking pics to upload now.  I didn't realize that the trigger assembly, safety and rest of the lower parts are polymer too.  I thought for sure they were going to be milspec.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

RR Lowers

They ship fast too.  Bought it Monday night, FFL sent Tuesday, had it in hand on Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#27]
JoeBobs is NOTHING like CTD.  I just bought 2 items recently from them that shipped free (everything over $90) and arrived in 2 days.  No tax, free shipping, and priced about 5% less than everybody else online that didn't even have the items in stock.

JoeBobs has won my business.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:41:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Stuff is worth what someone else is willing to pay. Sometimes it sucks when you want to buy, but it is all the other buyers that are setting the price, not Joe Bob's. If people buy at higher prices, they'd be stupid not to sell to the high bidders.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:Dude no one said anything about Msrp. I am just giving an example of everything. There is less of a market for an auction of 5 lowers then there is for an auction of one lower. Once those auctions end, divide them by 5 and see if that equals market value right now. Those lowers are selling on GB for about 350-400 each and I bet you don't get that for each of them on the auctions you have up there. So your argument is shit, you might want to go back to school and learn a little more if you don't see that.  As far as being fair is putting these on your website and letting everyone have a chance at "1" lower. If they didnt get one, then that's fine but it was fair. Your email notifications are shit anyways because they only come 2 hours after the item is sold out anyways. How's that for fair. Sure mark them up a little then what you have them for already on your site. That's fine. I would have still bought one from you before I knew how you do business.

You mentioned market value, which by the way you worded it, meant MSRP. If you didn't, please explain what price point you meant?

You obviously no wayyy more than all the retailers, myself included. I would suggest being in the business yourself.

If our email notifications didn't work, why would we sell out of a product within 15-30 minutes of it arriving, without any advance notification?  If your particular email server takes a while to push emails to phones, and to emails, then that's not on our end.  Your comments about our business are slanderous at best.

We give free shipping on orders over $90. Economically, we lose money selling lowers 1 by 1. If we charged for shipping, that would be different. That's not including the additional labor it takes to process 5X as many orders. Time is scarce right now, so economically, its worth our time to sell them in 5packs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The one I see on their site is a NorthTech for $249. Am i missing something?
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#31]
MidwestPX  $79

Still has poly lowers in stock from last night.

Is this a sign the times are changing?

I bought 3 the other day from them, the lowers look great. Now i just need 2 aluminum to finish for my DCM guns and itll be all good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all fun and games until the credit card bill shows up in the mail

+1
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Congrats to everyone who got a Seekins! Mine should arrive today.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Give DFW Shoots a call.  He's in Grand Prairie and has just about the best FFL transfer pricing around the area.  Plus he's good people!  

I second that - go with DFW Shoots.  $25 for three guns, $5 for each additional on the same transfer.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

They ship fast too.  Bought it Monday night, FFL sent Tuesday, had it in hand on Thursday.

In stock almost 4 hours now. Stock has been lasting longer this week.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one I see on their site is a NorthTech for $249. Am i missing something?

Thats it.  It was "on sale" while it was in stock.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Just picked up another gwacs cav15 at a local dealer

I like these a lot
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:Dude no one said anything about Msrp. I am just giving an example of everything. There is less of a market for an auction of 5 lowers then there is for an auction of one lower. Once those auctions end, divide them by 5 and see if that equals market value right now. Those lowers are selling on GB for about 350-400 each and I bet you don't get that for each of them on the auctions you have up there. So your argument is shit, you might want to go back to school and learn a little more if you don't see that.  As far as being fair is putting these on your website and letting everyone have a chance at "1" lower. If they didnt get one, then that's fine but it was fair. Your email notifications are shit anyways because they only come 2 hours after the item is sold out anyways. How's that for fair. Sure mark them up a little then what you have them for already on your site. That's fine. I would have still bought one from you before I knew how you do business.

You mentioned market value, which by the way you worded it, meant MSRP. If you didn't, please explain what price point you meant?

You obviously no wayyy more than all the retailers, myself included. I would suggest being in the business yourself.

If our email notifications didn't work, why would we sell out of a product within 15-30 minutes of it arriving, without any advance notification?  If your particular email server takes a while to push emails to phones, and to emails, then that's not on our end.

We give free shipping on orders over $90 typically. Economically, we lose money selling lowers 1 by 1. If we charged for shipping, that would be different. That's not including the additional labor it takes to process 5X as many orders. Time is scarce right now, so economically, its worth our time to sell them in 5packs.

What I mean by market value is what it says and what you explained it to be in my email. Market value is the current to day price of things selling. Your email notifications don't send fast enough for the stock you have on things. They sell in 15 minutes because of people here and everywhere else scanning the pages and posting links here of I stock items. Yes maybe the first of the notifications go out get them in time but is that fair for the people that don't get them in time. Your all about fair, right. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I will take my business elsewhere. As fad as getting into your sarcastic business, no thanks. I rather work for the company I do who profits over 2 million a day, not a year.  Thanks for the offer though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Sorry to all those who have to read this crap here instead of what this thread is for. Hope some of you got a little good info about our friends from joe bob weather it's good or bad.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#40]
My brand new out of the box New Frontier complete lower I just got from RifleGear

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My brand new out of the box New Frontier complete lower I just got from RifleGear

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/mcarse81/IMG_8197_zps31625ba4.jpg

What's wrong with area where the buffer tube screws in? It looks cracked or something.

Sorry, off topic.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's wrong with area where the buffer tube screws in? It looks cracked or something.

Sorry, off topic.

Obviously he took the pic so you can see his piece of shit....that sucks, don't buy poly!
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ugh, that's frustrating.  I love polymer pistols, but I just don't think I'll ever get into polymer ARs

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

Ugh wish I held out.  This seekins lower is ugly as shit with the "grip" on the magwell.  Oh well
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's the first we've seen of that type of crack out of the tens of thousands of them we've sold. It almost looks like it was wayyy over torqued based on the break?

Forward pics and comments onto newfrontier via email and they'll replace it 1 for 1.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Lifetime warranty is all i can say... that sucks...
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#47]
+1
Joebob---> Beware of feeding the trolls, it only makes for a never ending handbag fight.

& fwiw Although I didnt order from JB last night, (item out of stock) JB.com is much more active and helpful answering pre-purchace questions than most online retailers I've experienced.
I will keep JoeBobs on my short list of retailers to use on other ar parts/ammo purchases.  

Quoted:
Sorry to all those who have to read this crap here instead of what this thread is for. Hope some of you got a little good info about our friends from joe bob weather it's good or bad.

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the first we've seen of that type of crack out of the tens of thousands of them we've sold. It almost looks like it was wayyy over torqued based on the break?

Forward pics and comments onto newfrontier via email and they'll replace it 1 for 1.

Drafting up an email to NFA now. Hopefully they can help me out.  I have two uppers with no lower to attach to so it looks like my trip to the range is cancelled for this weekend.  I really had high hopes for these polymer lowers since I have another one on the way.   Paid $41.59 for UPS shipping to Alaska too.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RR Lowers

Ugh wish I held out.  This seekins lower is ugly as shit with the "grip" on the magwell.  Oh well

You got a picture of it? I ordered one too from Rainier and based on the picture they put on Facebook, it looked amazing. Mine should be coming in Monday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#50]
I have no problems with Joebob. An their explanation is spot on & what needs to be said.  They have some decent deals when these times are not crazy
Page / 134
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top