User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 134
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anybody that has ordered from JSE Surplus do they charge your card up front or once it ships?  Thinking about doing a couple backorders as I've heard good things about them.  Sent them an email but of course they're too damn busy and I understand....

Also anybody that ordered the Mega Forged Pistol Lowers yesterday hear anything yet?  I got a confirmation email but no cc charge yet, I'm sure they are plowed under so instead of fucking with them I'll ask here since some of you may have also ordered last night.

JSE has a hold on the funds on my card, I ordered the 26th. From what I've read, they'll release it soon, and then charge upon shipping.

I'm in the same boat with the pistol lowers, no charge for it, or from AIM for the spikes lower for that matter.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody that has ordered from JSE Surplus do they charge your card up front or once it ships?  Thinking about doing a couple backorders as I've heard good things about them.  Sent them an email but of course they're too damn busy and I understand....

Also anybody that ordered the Mega Forged Pistol Lowers yesterday hear anything yet?  I got a confirmation email but no cc charge yet, I'm sure they are plowed under so instead of fucking with them I'll ask here since some of you may have also ordered last night.

I ordered a Mega forged lower from JSE on 1/20/13.  They initially charged my card, but the charge disappeared shortly thereafter.  I saw earlier in this thread that someone who ordered the same lower on the same day had it ship out last night, so I'm hoping they are close to shipping mine.  I am checking my online bank statement about every 15 minutes now!

with every order i have gotten from jse they usually dont charge the second time till day or so after you get your order -- i received a upper from there monday and still havent been charged yet but im sure will tomorrow its the norm for them
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No Longer in Stock !

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice try.  Notice that I cited a statute that has already been effect for many years.  And yes, the DOJ enforces the statute regularly.  In fact, if you email me, I will provide you several westlaw cases (between 2008 and 2012) where the DOJ has been enforcing the statute against people who have sold as few as four firearms (a lower is a firearm).  If you want to engage in the "business" of dealing in firearms, you better have an FFL or your facing five years in the pen.  Business has been defined by the Federal circuit courts as any economic motive.

I am completely good with that.  I have to order things through my FFL and pay transfer fees.  If I purchase a firearm in person at a LGS I have to wait an appropriate waiting period.  If you want to sell for a profit fill out the forms and get licensed.

Are you a lawyer specializing in gun legislation? Or have you applied for an FFL? There are circumstances in which you can sell and make a profit where the ATF tells you specifically to NOT get a license.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ALL that bought ati omni's the other day... now they are saying they were in stock and will ship.. Kinda getting the run around from these people ATI is dropping the ball..

Yea, I emailed them to cancel my order. I guess if they show up fine only 43 bucks a piece, but damn, they need to get their shit together.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I just emailed and messaged them again. I want my 45 dollar lowers. I want them now not in two months.. feel cheated and lied to by ATI... ar-matey gave me everything i expect from a company.. Updates parts in stock are accually in stock and they ship fast. Ati never awnsers there damn phone. outside of facebook it is impossible to talk to anyone. Really hope they fix this one way or the other
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IN Stock  Stripped Lowers NFA - $79.95

NFA

This is for DEALERS ONLY.  I actually missed this when placing my order and I immediately got an email asking if I was a dealer.  If you place an order through there and are not a dealer, they will charge you a 15% restocking fee.  Luckily I did not give my CC info.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Ditto... Almost made a purchase before reading..
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Lowers in stock here

http://www.fieldtimesportsandguns.com/

FMK AR-1 Patriot Multi
$149.95
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, today has been a bust for lowers. Nothing posted but some polymers....
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

Hey numbnuts, where did you get this link? Un hyperlink it. It's a dealer only link.

Can a mod/admin come in and delete all these hyperlinks  in quotes? Numbnuts shouldn't even have the link, let alone be trying to post it up on arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Man, today has been a bust for lowers. Nothing posted but some polymers....

No kidding. Everybody's enthusiasm about things coming back in stock daily seems a little unwarranted now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

Hey numbnuts, where did you get this link? Un hyperlink it. It's a dealer only link.

Can a mod/admin come in and delete all these hyperlinks  in quotes? Numbnuts shouldn't even have the link, let alone be trying to post it up on arfcom.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

I agree if that link was for dealer accounts only he shouldn't have posted it but
If you search "New Frontier" it comes up in the results
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

I agree if that link was for dealer accounts only he shouldn't have posted it but

That should be a reverse numbnuts then, and pointed at the webmaster. True too, I just searched it on the site and pulled it up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#16]
This is kinda funny, when the operator comes to another forum calls someone "numbnuts" and it's fault lies in the web design of the site, not the user.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Magpul Lowers in stock! Magpul Lowers

Is this the hyperlink he wants deleted? Bringing it back baby.....

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magpul Lowers in stock! Magpul Lowers

Is this the hyperlink he wants deleted?

His name is Joebob"something" and its a link to joeboboutfitters. So I think this is a store owner with a quick draw on the blame. LOL at calling the guy numbnuts and its not even him in the wrong.... its been crickets since people figured out you can search it on the site lol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

Sorry to go off topic but is this guy for real?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

Sorry to go off topic but is this guy for real?

Lol that is what I am saying, basically killing reputation without even investigating it lol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]

His name is Joebob"something" and its a link to joeboboutfitters. So I think this is a store owner with a quick draw on the blame. LOL at calling the guy numbnuts and its not even him in the wrong.... its been crickets since people figured out you can search it on the site lol.

The cart software is already set to "hide" the product. Our 3rd party search engine software seems to have ignored that. We didn't have this issue for several months selling these direct to dealers, so not sure if its related to a google searchable link or what.  It was never searchable (that we were aware) prior to this link.

One should not post a link as obvious as that as "in stock", regardless, if its obviously not available to the public. It's like us posting links to a distributor who only sells to dealers. RSR Group has PMAG's in stock, for instance, daily.

http://www.rsrgroup.com/catalog/product/MGMPI570BLK
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The cart software is already set to "hide" the product. Our 3rd party search engine software seems to have ignored that. We didn't have this issue for several months selling these direct to dealers, so not sure if its related to a google searchable link or what.

One should not post a link as obvious as that as "in stock", regardless. It's like us posting links to a distributor who only sells to dealers. RSR Group has PMAG's in stock, for instance, daily.

Just pull it from the sql table or whoever you guys have the site setup until its fixed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Now now lets all kiss and make up
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The cart software is already set to "hide" the product. Our 3rd party search engine software seems to have ignored that. We didn't have this issue for several months selling these direct to dealers, so not sure if its related to a google searchable link or what.  It was never searchable (that we were aware) prior to this link.

One should not post a link as obvious as that as "in stock", regardless. It's like us posting links to a distributor who only sells to dealers. RSR Group has PMAG's in stock, for instance, daily.

Well, come on now..... its truly the webmaster/owners fault for the error, and the numbnuts comment wasn't needed I don't think. You can't really blame him for posting an awesome deal super fast when things are selling out in minutes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Speaking of... I wish my gaddamn Pmags would come into stock at brownells, going on 6 weeks now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

One should not post a link as obvious as that as "in stock", regardless, if its obviously not available to the public. It's like us posting links to a distributor who only sells to dealers. RSR Group has PMAG's in stock, for instance, daily.

http://www.rsrgroup.com/catalog/product/MGMPI570BLK

Seems that the real numbnuts is the moron running the site who didn't do their due dilligence to ensure the link wasn't getting crawled then, eh? Trust, but verify, numbnuts.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Seems that the real numbnuts is the moron running the site who didn't do their due dilligence to ensure the link wasn't getting crawled then, eh? Trust, but verify, numbnuts.

As the proprietor I would have just IM'd the admin for this forum (link is at top of forum), never got into a one on one with a user in a open forum, especially left out name calling, but before that I would have checked my side to make sure it was not my mistake.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

That should be a reverse numbnuts then, and pointed at the webmaster. True too, I just searched it on the site and pulled it up.

Someone definitely is a numbnuts lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Then saying he should have known not to post it, that is just wrong. If you walk into walmart and they have a 55" t.v. listed for $99 are you not going to try and buy it? Maybe tell others? etc...  Fault lies with owner.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Then saying he should have known not to post it, that is just wrong. If you walk into walmart and they have a 55" t.v. listed for $99 are you not going to try and buy it? Maybe tell others? etc...  Fault lies with owner.

That's not really a good analogy. A better analogy would be walking into Walmart and it states obviously, "LIMIT 2 BOXES PER CUSTOMER", and you pickup 4 cases to checkout to see what you can get away with because it's available.

The item is properly marked as for dealers only, about as big and bold as you can make it.

I've gone in and manually remapped things with the search engine so hopefully they "stay" hidden.

Did I jump the gun? Definitely.  My apologies. I just hate damage control with customers placing orders being very confused why their orders are being canceled. ARFCOM drives a ton of traffic, but that's a double edged sword when its not a good link for a consumer.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not really a good analogy. A better analogy would be walking into Walmart and it states obviously, "LIMIT 2 BOXES PER CUSTOMER", and you pickup 4 cases to checkout to see what you can get away with because it's available.

The item is properly marked as for dealers only, about as big and bold as you can make it.

I've gone in and manually remapped things with the search engine so hopefully they "stay" hidden.

Did I jump the gun? Definitely.  My apologies. I just hate damage control with customers placing orders being very confused why their orders are being canceled. ARFCOM drives a ton of traffic, but that's a double edged sword when its not a good link for a consumer.

Nevermind...just do your homework before calling names...and check Google, your dealer stuff pops up easily...included a lower with parts kit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya on everything you are saying, I just think that everything stem's from the point of origin and that is were things should be resolved first before something like this happens because you and I both know you can get 10,000 positive reviews, but something like calling a potential customer numbnuts on a open forum will spread faster and further than all the praise you get.

Not trolling you at all, just find this to be an interesting experience with what I thought was a straight forward website. I have you listed in my scanner for multiple items I want to buy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Big ups on the apology though, I'm sure if it was Rguns owner he would have said to go fuck my cousin lol.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Big ups on the apology though, I'm sure if it was Rguns owner he would have said to go fuck my cousin lol.

JoeBob already dun fucked his cousin, so no way would we go there (JK, seriously)
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob already dun fucked his cousin, so no way would we go there (JK, seriously)

I can appreciate that, being from south Louisiana.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JoeBob Here....

I Googled it and found it. Im guessing he got the link from the internet but not sure mayne from someone in outer space
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#38]

You might want to fire your web designer.  Pop the following phrase in google:  site:joeboboutfitters.com "dealers only"

looks like a decent price for a complete lower, even if it is plastic.

Just FYI, google maps things quickly for popular sites (and all the hyperlinked items) such as arfcom.  Those particular links were hyperlinked in this thread. This thread, and the comments made in it, within an hour ago, have already hit google's search. So that's a bad example, IMO. I could link anything in a thread here (even if hidden on the website) and it'd be mapped in google within an hour.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Its the meta tags, once that is posted its an open book to search engines. I am out of school till fall, I will do webmaster work for a 14.5" upper!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a super hot sales rep from Baton Rouge. Not gonna knock people down there at all.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have a super hot sales rep from Baton Rouge. Not gonna knock people down there at all.

I am 40 minutes from Baton Rouge, I love our gun laws and you can say the women are pretty nice too.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#42]

I am 40 minutes from Baton Rouge, I love our gun laws and you can say the women are pretty nice too.

It's too bad you have all male cousins ehh?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So when you gettimg spikes lowers
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread officially blows, now.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's too bad you have all male cousins ehh?

Well I am from an oilfield family so its all hardlegs around our house lol, and cousins been picked through lol.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We literally have tens of thousands of them on backorder....we just wait patiently. Can't rock the boat ya know...

Most orders are taking 8+ months right now to be fulfilled on lowers. We still have a bunch not shipped out from April of last year.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We literally have tens of thousands of them on backorder....we just wait patiently. Can't rock the boat ya know...

Most orders are taking 8+ months right now to be fulfilled on lowers. We still have a bunch not shipped out from April of last year.

Just asking because a place here in ATLANTA get some like ever week the good 100 lowers 30 uppers 40 complete guns on tuesday
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Actual Lowers people!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just asking because a place here in ATLANTA get some like ever week the good 100 lowers 30 uppers 40 complete guns on tuesday

Who is that? Why not just grab one locally if available?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is that? Why not just grab one locally if available?

The ar bunker they have a FB page they update often and a webpage as well. well lowers are 159 so.....
Page / 134
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top