Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2012 4:46:10 PM EDT
As I am patiently waiting for the FDE squid grips, I thought I would experiment a bit. I took a pair of FDE battle rail covers and mounted them to my Alpha rail. I used extra hardware from a couple Magpul RVGs (the screws that come with it to mount he rail to the MOE hand guard). It was pretty easy and straight forward to do. The only tricky part was getting the "nut portion" up inside the rail without dropping it before the screw got started (I used a large flathead screw driver wih a magnetic tip for this). I had thought about grinding down the part of the cover that holds it to the picatiny rail but decided to leave it - it actually provides a slight gap that might help with heat control. They also help hold it straight. Not sure if you can tell in the third pic, but the cover actually "clips" onto the ribbed part if the rail (it will hold without the screws). I have not shot the rifle yet (just did this today) but don't anticipate any problems since they are very secure. I thought I would share....

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top