Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2012 7:18:29 PM EDT
I have no idea where to place this question. If there is a better forum, please move this post.

Does anyone have any experience with Red X Arms?  I found them while cruising the internet tonight.  http://www.redxarms.com/  

I was looking for a good price on a complete bolt carrier assembly that is actually in stock somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
no idea about redxarms, but... i just bought a chrome lined bcg from stag, there normal ones are out of stock but they still have the chrome in stock. and still cheaper than some other places i have found lately.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Never heard of them, but looking through their assembled uppers, their prices are almost too good to be true so I'd beware.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I've bought an assembled M4 profile upper off them. Because I had to wait 3 weeks they threw in a 4 rail gas block and knurled aluminum handguards for free. It shoots well. I'd order from them again. The color matched my lower perfectly and for $290 including shipping, I was/am happy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard of them either, but if the price is right and in stock then I wouldn't have any problem ordering a BCG. It's likely nothing special ... just a standard BCG. Use a credit card not a bank card.  If you get it and it is not as advertized you could always send it back. If they give you any BS then you could do a charge-back and get your money if you use a credit card (not a bank card).
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've bought an assembled M4 profile upper off them. Because I had to wait 3 weeks they threw in a 4 rail gas block and knurled aluminum handguards for free. It shoots well. I'd order from them again. The color matched my lower perfectly and for $290 including shipping, I was/am happy.

Did that upper include the BCG and charging handle, or did you have to buy those seperately?  On the website it seems like those are seperate...?
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did that upper include the BCG and charging handle, or did you have to buy those seperately?  On the website it seems like those are seperate...?

Bought a BCM Gunfighter charging handle and Surplus Ammo BCG separately. The $125 one on RedXarms website wasn't available at the time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I will have to wait and see how it works out.  I ordered a BCG, free float tube, and A2 stock kit Thursday night.  They are currently saying to expect 5 to 10 business days to ship, so luckily I am not in a big hurry.  I will report back when I have something to report.
Link Posted: 5/21/2012 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#8]
So my order arrived today from Red X Arms. So far, things are looking pretty good.  It took 6 business days to ship.  Their website lists all over the place that in-stock parts will ship in 5-10 business days, so this seems about right.  I figure it is better they are honest up front rather than take my order without telling me.  

Anyhow is the whole order:

I ordered BCG, free float tube, A2 stock, and LPK.

The free float tube looks pretty good. The knurling is coarse, but I kind of like it that way.

BCG is staked.  Looks ok to me.

What I really like so far is the pistol grip that came with the lower parts kit.  I ordered the kit with their "combat grip".  The grip is hard plastic and the finger grooves fit my hand well.  

I'm still waiting on the gas block to come from another source before I finish the build and shoot it. That will be the true test.
Link Posted: 5/22/2012 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd recommend you look elsewhere. I bought from RedXArms at the Tulsa Gun Show last Fall an AR-15 short 16" bull barrel, gas tube and free float forearm to build myself up a 2nd AR on a spare upper I had. I spent close to $200.00. I was told the barrel was chambered properly. I borrowed some books from a buddy at work to refresh my memory on torque specs, etc and talked myself into a set of go and no go gauges just to be on the safe side. The bolt will not close on the go gage (despite trying two different bolt heads). The gages work fine in another gun. I also couldn't get a round of factory ammo to chamber in this barrel. After numerous emails and attempts to reach by phone I got permission to send the barrel for evaluation. The response was the barrel is fine with their gages. I said that contradicts my experience but if you can sell me a bolt head that will allow this barrel to function with factory ammo I would be satisfied. After numerous emails, etc. I finally get the barrel back. The same problem still exists, I don't believe they touched it. Never addressed the issue about the bolt head. Right now I am looking for a gunsmith that I can send the barrel to along with the bolt carrier/bolt head and have them headspace to match.  It's a taillight warranty with these guys.
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd recommend you look elsewhere. I bought from RedXArms at the Tulsa Gun Show last Fall an AR-15 short 16" bull barrel, gas tube and free float forearm to build myself up a 2nd AR on a spare upper I had. I spent close to $200.00. I was told the barrel was chambered properly. I borrowed some books from a buddy at work to refresh my memory on torque specs, etc and talked myself into a set of go and no go gauges just to be on the safe side. The bolt will not close on the go gage (despite trying two different bolt heads). The gages work fine in another gun. I also couldn't get a round of factory ammo to chamber in this barrel. After numerous emails and attempts to reach by phone I got permission to send the barrel for evaluation. The response was the barrel is fine with their gages. I said that contradicts my experience but if you can sell me a bolt head that will allow this barrel to function with factory ammo I would be satisfied. After numerous emails, etc. I finally get the barrel back. The same problem still exists, I don't believe they touched it. Never addressed the issue about the bolt head. Right now I am looking for a gunsmith that I can send the barrel to along with the bolt carrier/bolt head and have them headspace to match.  It's a taillight warranty with these guys.

Probably will cost more to have a gunsmith fix it than it would to just buy a new stag barrel!
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Had dealings with Red X and I could say we were not at all satisfied with service and product. We ordered two 5.45 X39 bolts for Ar15 and recieved them in full auto carriers with shity stake jobs on gas keys and when we tried to contact them by phone and email nothing, zip, nada!!! Just a fair warning if you are looking for service after the sale forget it. I would never recomend this company to anyone!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the same free float tube from Red X. For the price, I'm more than  happy with it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top