DPMS LPK ––-
Sixell Never Quit Grip
MIAD 20
Magpul Trigger Guard
Fail Zero EXO Coated Hammer
Magpul UBR - 180

Total Minus Parts I already had and shipping= 1,237
Total Minus Parts had, Shipping, and Parts Sold = $386

The totals get fuzzy when i try and figure in all of the buying and selling I did in the past 6 months... so take the totals however you want... I am supremely happy with it, and I am very excited to get it out to the range... hopefully next week... range is like an hour and a half away and the weather has not been nice lately.  

Still to come - S3G FCG, Micor Industries 1:8 twist Flash Hider.... But I figure I'll wait until I shoot it a bit before deciding these are things I must have.

Here she is with her little sister which is still my Go To.

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
That gun is badass.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Really nice !
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Really nice !

Yeah i thought it would be relevant to you
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
You certainly have an eye for building bad ass guns. Your other one sold me on the CASV, and now I'm drooling over the thought of an SPR...
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 6:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You certainly have an eye for building bad ass guns. Your other one sold me on the CASV, and now I'm drooling over the thought of an SPR...

haha... thanks.

yeah... problem is i am so happy with these that i am looking at more and more expensive options to top myself!

I am seriously considering changing out this SPR and making it 6.8... and the cost of that ammo is going to kill me.

Either that or an AR10 is next.  Hopefully i can wait a bit before deciding i HAVE to have it.... i need to focus on my girlfriend more.. guns less
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks great. Mine should be done in around a week.
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got back from the range.

She shoots beautifully.  Didn't bother shooting groups... just zeroed up the scope and proceeded to destroy bowling pins.  Once it was zeroed it was basically a laser.  Point and click.

After I got bored of setting up pins and knocking them down, I took off the scope and just ran irons.  While running the scope is fun, shooting irons always wins.

Still a tiny bit front heavy, even without the scope and bipod.  Need to work on the balance a bit.  

So, another build successfully completed.  I think its time to sell off my extra parts I have leftover and start my dedicated .22 build!

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Troy VTAC Extreme 13" 150 OD Gunkoted
Atlas Bipod w/ ARMS QD BT10-LW17 150
IWC Limited Rotation QD Swivel 20

Where did you get the Troy VTAC Extreme 13" for $150 OD Gunkoted?

Also, can you post a few more detailed photos of how the bipod and QD swivel are attached to that rail?
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice rifle durabo. But I thought FZ wasn't doing private party parts coating anymore? Or did they chance their minds?
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Troy VTAC Extreme 13" 150 OD Gunkoted
Atlas Bipod w/ ARMS QD BT10-LW17 150
IWC Limited Rotation QD Swivel 20/quote]

Where did you get the Troy VTAC Extreme 13" for $150 OD Gunkoted?

Also, can you post a few more detailed photos of how the bipod and QD swivel are attached to that rail?

The Rail price I got from a site sponsor here, as a favor for a mix up in one of my orders.  But you'll see them used sometimes for comparable prices on the EE.  I had it Gunkoted locally from another member here on arfcom.

I can't really take pictures of it right now, heading out of town for a few weeks... but you can google around for it.

here is the model I have (I got mine lightly used from the EE) ... I don't think the product image on the website is the correct image for the mount on the one i have though...  Google around im sure you can find some good pictures of it.

http://www.site-secure.biz/accushot/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=68
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice rifle durabo. But I thought FZ wasn't doing private party parts coating anymore? Or did they chance their minds?

They arent... the LMT BCG is one that was coated before they stopped doing individual parts... picked it up off the EE awhile back and it has been basically sitting around waiting for a rifle to be built around it..... AR seeds you know
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#15]
wow!   Nice build!
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They arent... the LMT BCG is one that was coated before they stopped doing individual parts... picked it up off the EE awhile back and it has been basically sitting around waiting for a rifle to be built around it..... AR seeds you know

Aaaahhhhhhh......Well played indeed sir.

Link Posted: 3/4/2011 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Your go-to rifle with the CASV-EL is AMAZING!!!!!! Love the color combination and choices you used to build that. Fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn! Looks good!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice setup! Looks like a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Sweet stick!
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 5:35:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice!! I think the top one is my favorite though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#22]
How do you like the Primary Arms 3-9x scope?  It's illuminated right?  I just ordered one today.  I intend to get a Trijicon Accupoint but don't have the money at this time, so to tie me over I picked up this one, I hope it at least holds zero, that's all I care about.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Them's some hella nice guns!
Great work, as per usual
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How do you like the Primary Arms 3-9x scope?  It's illuminated right?  I just ordered one today.  I intend to get a Trijicon Accupoint but don't have the money at this time, so to tie me over I picked up this one, I hope it at least holds zero, that's all I care about.

Its nice.  I was on the fence about it myself.  But yeah it's illuminated, and it holds zero.

I actually think I might take it off though, while it is nice to have a scope... i don't shoot for groups... and I don't hunt.  And I REALLY like shooting irons... using optics just makes it too easy.

I have bought a bunch of red dots and scopes... always thinking "oh yeah! this is gonna be awesome"  And then i get to the range... and after a few shots it just gets boring.  

I am almost considering reselling the scopes i have, and the MBUS... and popping some fixed irons on this, and starting my dedicated .22lr

We'll see... but the Primary Arms is great stuff... highly recommended.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#25]
DIbs on your cool stuff!
Seriously, tho, I'll be trolling the EE for your stuff...

Now, if only I had $$$$
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top